Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Kight Terrors: Wonder Woman #1 Preview
    Writers: Josie Campbell, Stephanie Williams
    Artists: Juan Ferreyra, Meghan Hetrick

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Is the artist José Luis García López? It's really giving me JLGL vibes!!

Kight Terrors: Wonder Woman #1 Preview
    Writers: Josie Campbell, Stephanie Williams
    Artists: Juan Ferreyra, Meghan Hetrick

Preview is actually pretty interesting; Diana definitely feels better on the JLD than the actual JL. Lasso is going to play a big part to avoid most of the mind tricks, also labyrinth with that nightmare Diana playing minotaur could be really fun play on the actual myth. Hope this sticks the landing.

Still dont like how the boots are drawn though, do not like the white line or the leather straps. Should just be the gold and red boots she has on the cover.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Story's kind of DOA with Campbell as the writer after ROTG for me.

WW and the JLD + Nubia by Williams?... I'm in!

Art looks gorgeous .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Is the artist José Luis García López? It's really giving me JLGL vibes!!
    It's Juan Ferreyra.

This looks really intriguing, I'd buy it for these covers for the collection if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I am intrigued by the art and especially by that Wonder Woman/Ares-ish six-armed creature in the promos, so I am willing to give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Oof, I was ready to give her the benefit of the doubt but you were right. This was very much a ROTG follow-up, in terms of both thematic focus and quality. Pretty much any overt Daddy Zeus reference will ruin an entire issue for me, so framing Diana's entire internal conflict around being Zeus' spawn and not feeling human enough is the biggest turn-off imaginable. The Nubia back-up has me intrigued, but it's not enough for me to buy the next issue when the main story was pretty much a checklist of my Wonder Woman icks (another ick: forgetting that Diana can fly as a contrivance...why wouldn't she just wrap Detective Chimp and Constantine up in the lasso and fly them over the maze?).

It's a shame Josie Campbell is so bad with WW when she's done a good job with Mary Marvel and the Superfam - if we do get a WW animated series I hope they don't choose her to spearhead.

It's honestly kinda crazy that every WW book since Historia vol. 3 has been actively bad. Very much ready for the new era.

Yeah this was bland for me. I didn’t really see her do much and we only have 1 issue left for her to redeem herself. How many good writers does DC have? Because it’s giving slim pickings

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Oof, I was ready to give her the benefit of the doubt but you were right. This was very much a ROTG follow-up, in terms of both thematic focus and quality. Pretty much any overt Daddy Zeus reference will ruin an entire issue for me, so framing Diana's entire internal conflict around being Zeus' spawn and not feeling human enough is the biggest turn-off imaginable. The Nubia back-up has me intrigued, but it's not enough for me to buy the next issue when the main story was pretty much a checklist of my Wonder Woman icks (another ick: forgetting that Diana can fly as a contrivance...why wouldn't she just wrap Detective Chimp and Constantine up in the lasso and fly them over the maze?).

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post

It's a shame Josie Campbell is so bad with WW when she's done a good job with Mary Marvel and the Superfam - if we do get a WW animated series I hope they don't choose her to spearhead.

It's honestly kinda crazy that every WW book since Historia vol. 3 has been actively bad. Very much ready for the new era.
    Yikes. "Terrors" indeed.