View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on Snowbird?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love Narya! She's one of my favorite Alpha Flight members and I hope to see more of her.

22 84.62%
  • I like her, but I want other Alphans to get attention first.

3 11.54%
  • Who?

1 3.85%
  • I hate Snowbird and all women.

0 0%
  • I've never read a single issue with Snowbird in it (because I don't know how to read).

0 0%

Default Narya, Demigoddess of the North: Snowbird Appreciation 2023

Marvel officially revealed the new Alpha Flight mini-series by Ed Brisson and Scott Godlewski, and among the roster is the demigoddess of the north, Snowbird! Let's appreciate this fierce shapeshifter!

I've admittedly only gotten deep into Alpha Flight the last decade or so, but I've always loved Snowbird ever since seeing her in the "Repo Man" episode of X-Men: The Animated Series. After getting into the Alpha Flight comics, I can't help but draw parallels between Snowbird and DC's Wonder Woman. Both are beings of magic, both are powerful women with mythical backstories, and both posed as officers while hiding their alter-egos. Marvel should really push Narya more, both inside the comics and outside.

What are your thoughts on Snowbird?

Love her. She's what got me interested in Alpha Flight. I haven't been keeping up with her in the last few years, though.

So much untapped story potential and mysteries surrounding the character.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

One of my favorites from Alpha Flight. I love how she has such a big presence, similar to Storm’s.
    I would love to see what a writer of Ewing’s caliber could do with her.

I love her! She's always been my favorite female member of the Alpha Flight team. Such a great concept and design. And I agree she has huge potential to grow. Hope she's done justice in this new book.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Ultimate Member

One of my favorite non-mutant lady powerhouses of the Marvel universe, right up there with Sersi and Moondragon!

And how about that time when Alpha Flight travelled into the realm of the Great Beasts and Northstar didn't care enough to want to go, so she straight up mind-controlled him into going (and, uh, he got killed on this mission he didn't want to go on...)? Yikes!

Bet Jean-Paul's still cranky about that. (I mean, he's got a track record. Last time he died, it was Wolverine doing the stabbing... Maybe he doesn't have to be *that* abrasive with his teammates?)

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

She's one of my favorites. Like others she is what originally attracted me to the team. I was a kid and I found her mysterious and loved her character design. She had an interesting journey in the comics.

She's Alpha Flight's real MVP

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    She's one of my favorites. Like others she is what originally attracted me to the team. I was a kid and I found her mysterious and loved her character design. She had an interesting journey in the comics.
    I like that she's the 'Thor' (god-on-Earth) of the team, while Vindicator/Guardian ended up filling both the flag-on-the-chest-patriotic-hero Captain America and the battlesuit-hero Iron Man roles.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It will certainly be great to see her in the pages of an Alpha Flight book again alongside her fellow OGs. I just hope Brisson is able to give some good character work even if I think the initial premise of the book is really awful.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-16-2023 at 09:14 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I voted - "I love Narya! She's one of my favorite Alpha Flight members and I hope to see more of her."
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Love her. She's what got me interested in Alpha Flight. I haven't been keeping up with her in the last few years, though.
    You're not missing much, sadly. She had that fun God Squad story in Incredible Hercules (and got some Herc cawk too, lucky gal). But nothing much else of note.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    One of my favorites from Alpha Flight. I love how she has such a big presence, similar to Storm’s.
    I would love to see what a writer of Ewing’s caliber could do with her.
    She's definitely the Storm of Alpha Flight. I'd love to see them interact more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    You're not missing much, sadly. She had that fun God Squad story in Incredible Hercules (and got some Herc cawk too, lucky gal). But nothing much else of note.

She's definitely the Storm of Alpha Flight. I'd love to see them interact more.

Narya is more than that--she is a demi-goddess!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!