Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Nightcrawler is…the UNCANNY SPIDER-MAN!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ULi-z1NkYtH_xM

Following July’s X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA #1, mutantkind will enter a thrilling new era of uncertainty, danger, and mystery known as FALL OF X! As some of your favorite X-Men are crushed under the weight of this new age, one among them will "BAMF" his way into bright Super Hero stardom! Introducing Kurt Wagner, the UNCANNY SPIDER-MAN!

UNCANNY SPIDER-MAN will be a five-issue limited series written by mutant mastermind Si Spurrier, continuing his thought-provoking work in the Krakoan era after LEGION OF X and NIGHTCRAWLERS, and drawn by Lee Garbett, known for his breathtaking art on DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE. The heart of the X-Men, Kurt has always shined as one of the most heroic and daring mutants in the franchise. Now, as the darkness of FALL OF X overwhelms his fellow mutants, Nightcrawler will embrace a new role as a classic New York City-bamfing hero!

Escaping the turmoil of FALL OF X in a flash of smoke and brimstone, it’s time for Nightcrawler to play the swashbuckling, devil-may-care hero he was always destined to be! A potential new lover, battling some of the most iconic members of Spidey’s rogues gallery, and saving civilians, mutant and human alike—Kurt is having the time of his life! But it’s not all fun and games… Nightcrawler will also be a lone soldier on the frontlines of mutantkind’s upcoming war with Orchis. Throughout the saga, he’ll also confront a long-simmering mystery surrounding his mother, Mystique, as Spurrier’s bold transformation of the character approaches a startling climax!

“What we've got here is a spectacular new beginning - which, yes, is code for ‘perfect jumping-on point’ - which leans hard into heroic, joyful, street-level action,” Spurrier explained. “Writing Kurt has always been an exercise in heart. He was the first to feel the cracks in Krakoa... and the first to try and do something about it. Unfailingly loyal to his people, his friends and his responsibilities, he's gone through a lot. What's been missing for him is the joy. The freedom. The thrill. And that's where we find him now. In a restyled Spidey Suit, BAMFing across New York and rubbing shoulders (and butting heads) with the best heroes and villains of the Manhattan milieu...but of course it's not quite that simple. Is Nightcrawler really doing this for the thrill? Or is he hiding? Is it easier to put on a mask and punch some villains in the nose than it is to stare trauma in the eye...?

“For me this series is a dream come true. A chance to write what my various briefs have never before allowed: pure, joyful, bold, fun superheroic action. And thanks to Lee, it looks astonishing.”
    Last edited by Proxy; 04-14-2023 at 12:02 PM.

Skipping this
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Nightcrawler getting a lot of focus lately, Way of X, Legion of X, Nightcrawlers and now this.

I will give it a try, knowing it's a mini and like to see who he will battle with.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I'm going to read this.

But.......why does he have to be Spider-Man tho?

#StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

As a huge Nightcrawler fan, why? Why wear the mask and costume when you can easily tell who he is? Unless the public at large doesn't know Kurt, which begs the question why he'd wear the costume. And why is he even doing it? If he were trying to cover Spider-Man, he should hide the tail and wear boots that look like a typical human and not have the mask show his ears. Ears are already pushed in under the mask and there is no reason why he couldn't unless they weren't cartilage. Or better yet, he could use his image inducer. But again, why do this in the first place? I am not opposed to Kurt and Peter hanging out or the him covering. In fact, I think that would be pretty awesome. But that doesn't seem to be what's going on with the getup and all. I don't dislike Si Spurrier either. But it feels like the X-Men have no direction after forcing them to lose their MO and twisting so many characters to go off model. And the only new comics I can get behind are ones that take place in previous eras where good writers are allowed to write the characters as they should be.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I'm going to read this.

Yeah. I’m never going to complain about Kurt getting focus, but I’m not sure why either. I’m willing to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yeah. I’m never going to complain about Kurt getting focus, but I’m not sure why either. I’m willing to give it a try.
    Is he really getting focus if they’re dressing him up as Spider-Man?

Maybe it’s too much to hope Marvel will give the multiverse and character mashup stuff a break and just tell a good, straightforward character-driven story.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I'm going to read this.

I'm in the same camp. I don't mind a mutant pretending to be Spider-Man, I'm just unsure why he has to be but maybe Spurrier figured out a reason for it.

I'm curious if any threads from Legion of X will pop up.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-14-2023 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm in the same camp. I don't mind a mutant pretending to be Spider-Man, I'm just unsure why he has to be but maybe Spurrier figured out a reason for it.

I'm curious if any threads from Legion of X will pop up.

I’m sure it will. This seems to be a similar case to Tini Howard’s books, with 2 relaunches of the same series but the last one is a solo book.

I find it bizarre that Spurrier is the one writing this. he nearly ruined Nightcrawler as a character for me and now suddenly he is going back to make him fun again?! So, why did he change him so much in the first place (nobody asked for Spurrier's take on the character in the first place.....).

Love the costume. Looks great. Nightcrawler was always one of my faves and I'm happy to hear that he gets some attention and returning to what makes the character great.

The mystery surrounding the next Hellfire Gala is INTENSE!

But I'm not going to read it. I don't like the X-Men to mix with the larger MCU to be honest. Uncanny Avengers,....etc. not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-14-2023 at 02:36 PM.

BANNED

Just how many spiders have pointed ears, a barbed tail, two digits (with an opposable thumb) on each hand, and 2 toes on each foot?

How many have round ears, four digits on each limb (plus opposable thumbs), and only four limbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I find it bizarre that Spurrier is the one writing this. he nearly ruined Nightcrawler as a character for me and now suddenly he is going back to make him fun again?! So, why did he change him so much in the first place (nobody asked for Spurrier's take on the character in the first place.....).
    Yeah it's really weird. It never felt like Spurrier particuarly liked the character in Way/Legions of X. Kurt always seemed like an afterthought that was there to boost sales so Spurrier could write the stories he wanted to about Legion & Dr Nemesis.

I hope this is a clean break from those other series. More swashbuckling and less 'spark' please!

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    Yeah it's really weird. It never felt like Spurrier particuarly liked the character in Way/Legions of X. Kurt always seemed like an afterthought that was there to boost sales so Spurrier could write the stories he wanted to about Legion & Dr Nemesis.

I hope this is a clean break from those other series. More swashbuckling and less 'spark' please!
    It’s a really weird premise. No idea why Nightcrawler’s bothering to wear a spidey suit instead of just…being Nightcrawler. I’m cautiously optimistic about getting swashbuckling, joyful Kurt back but Spurrier writing gives me doubts. I always got the impression he didn’t like Kurt very much, or at least didn’t know much about him when he started Way of X and slowly did a bit of homework and shoved in alterations as he went along.

Still wrapping my head around how Kurt goes from having monstrous curse that left him begging for death to being Spider-Man.

The hellfire gala’s going to have a lot of explaining to do.

The costume design:

I don’t like his ears sticking out of the mask and is that a tail sock? Or does he just paint the end of his tail red?

But I do like the merging of the spidey costume with Kurt’s original costume design.