Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default General Superverse Questions and Answers

Consider this thread like one of those anthology titles: it's intended for any questions about the Superverse you might have that has an objective answer (and won't lead to an unwinding discussion).

You got a question about the Superverse that you know has an answer but Google ain't being helpful enough right now, someone here might know the answer and help you out.

I'll go first.

There is an official Superman 85th Anniversary magazine coming out this year (oddly enough, its cover is a modified Superman IV promotional image from 1987).

when is it coming out?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 04-15-2023 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Consider this thread like one of those anthology titles: it's intended for any questions about the Superverse you might have that has an objective answer (and won't lead to an unwinding discussion).

You got a question about the Superverse that you know has an answer but Google ain't being helpful enough right now, someone here might know the answer and help you out.

I'll go first.

There is an official Superman 85th Anniversary magazine coming out this year (oddly enough, its cover is a modified Superman IV promotional image from 1987).

when is it coming out?
    https://www.supermanhomepage.com/the...s-of-superman/

It came out last month(March 14, 2023). E-bay, Amazon, etc have copies.

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    https://www.supermanhomepage.com/the...s-of-superman/

It came out last month(March 14, 2023). E-bay, Amazon, etc have copies.
    Much obliged. I went on Amazon earlier to look for it and couldn't find it. But found it now there. Ordered and should have it by next week. Thanks!

Next question:

How many years older than Lucy is Lois currently?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I've seen that book at supermarkets.

Lucy ... just a guess because the current timeline isn't nailed to another continuity. Originally Superman was about 29 or 30 when he died. Let's shave that down to 27 and say he married Lois at 28. That gives about 13 years to reach the current Jon. Let's take a year off for the age of Lois, and let's knock another three years down for Lucy. So I'd say 36-37
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I've seen that book at supermarkets.

Lucy ... just a guess because the current timeline isn't nailed to another continuity. Originally Superman was about 29 or 30 when he died. Let's shave that down to 27 and say he married Lois at 28. That gives about 13 years to reach the current Jon. Let's take a year off for the age of Lois, and let's knock another three years down for Lucy. So I'd say 36-37
    Dunno much about Lucy, but Superman was definitely a lot older than 30 when he originally died. I seem to recall his age established as being 34 when he died somewhere (but I don't recall where).

Anyway, the Death of Superman occurred some time after Tim became Robin. So definitely can't just be a mere 4-5 years into Superman's career.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Dunno much about Lucy, but Superman was definitely a lot older than 30 when he originally died. I seem to recall his age established as being 34 when he died somewhere (but I don't recall where).

Anyway, the Death of Superman occurred some time after Tim became Robin. So definitely can't just be a mere 4-5 years into Superman's career.
    If that's "a lot" older then I'm depressed.

But anyway, he's 28 in Superman #1 so two or three years until #75 is my fair guess. Comics of course are wonky with time for many reasons but the problem is far, far worse if you're using a non Superman title to determine time in Superman titles.

And right after Death and Return we had Zero Hour, where I think he could have been 35. But I seem to remember them starting his career younger then. So I'd put him at the "beginning" of his 30s and retcon just a bit younger for the later reboots to work.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES