Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    That’s funny I remember at the time thinking, “I’ll keep my X Men because those are grown up comics, but I’ll trade my Superman because those are for kids”.
    Of course the thing with liking Superman enough is not only seeing why it's disagreeable, but also understanding why people think that. It just had to seem that way, going from the late 70s and even up to now. But the material that wasn't "cool"...

That people got rid of Superman was my luck really. After selling all the valuable stuff I had, I just got more and more into collecting Superman. Action #395 or #473, Superman #400... just a lot of interesting stuff for a lot less than other titles of the same age. I ended up being a huge fan of Dorfman and Bates from material that I don't even imagine they'll ever reprint.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Happy 85th! Here’s one of my favorite scenes of him that does a great job showing how he thinks about the world:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I don't remember my foray into Superman, but I'm 99.9% sure it's was Superman in the DCAU solo animated series and the JL series.
    ddae0290eb77bd4b41d5dca788d9ee41.jpg

Happy 85 Superman! Only 15 years until the big 100! I hope many you guys will be here to celebrate.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

What got me into Superman was Action #452. The Loser And New Champion. Oct. 1975. It was not long after Superman #75 came out. I was 14. And the cover caught my eye. It was my first trip to a comic book shop. It was also the first time I found out about the Fortress of Solitude. That was what hooked me. Over the next few years I learned all I could about Superman. Up till the point everything I knew about him was from other media. The movies, cartoons, TV shows, etc. Happy Birthday, Superman!
    Assassinate Putin!

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Outstanding tribute from France.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Outstanding tribute from France.

c'est super

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I don't remember my foray into Superman, but I'm 99.9% sure it's was Superman in the DCAU solo animated series and the JL series.
    ddae0290eb77bd4b41d5dca788d9ee41.jpg

Happy 85 Superman! Only 15 years until the big 100! I hope many you guys will be here to celebrate.
    Same here!

Well, actually, it was an early issue from the Byrne era. I think the one where Superman fought Rampage. Read a reprint of that which came free with my cereal of all things!

But yeah, the TAS, and later JL/JLU was my first regular exposure to the character. Along with the odd Superman issue from the 2000's. And then I picked up a trade of Byrne's MOS.

I also remember reading Action Comics # 1 on a fansite and being amazed by how radically different that version of Superman was from the modern version I was used to. As I discovered more and more Pre-Crisis Superman material and watched he Donner movies, I was shocked to discover things like Luthor having originally been a mad scientist and overt supervillain (as opposed to a corrupt businessman), Ma and Pa Kent having died before Clark became Superman, or hell, the whole concept of Superboy!

Fundamentally though, my vision of Superman is very much shaped by how I first discovered the character - namely the DCAU and the Post-Crisis era comics.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

To the greatest team up

From leaping tall buildings..
    The man of action has done it all..covered all frontiers.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-19-2023 at 09:39 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Happy Birthday to the original and still the greatest superhero of them all. Here is to 85 more for Big Blue.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."