Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Back in his Robin days, Jason's original major nemesis wasn't the Joker, but Two-Face. Jason hated Two-Face for killing his father. Since Jason's return from death, however, he has exhibited no interest in going after Two-Face. I wonder how Jason lost all interest in Two-Face.

Additionally, has Jason ever reckoned with the fate of that Felipe guy he purportedly dropped off a skyscraper in one of his final cases as Robin?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Back in his Robin days, Jason's original major nemesis wasn't the Joker, but Two-Face. Jason hated Two-Face for killing his father. Since Jason's return from death, however, he has exhibited no interest in going after Two-Face. I wonder how Jason lost all interest in Two-Face.

Additionally, has Jason ever reckoned with the fate of that Felipe guy he purportedly dropped off a skyscraper in one of his final cases as Robin?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    In Rebirth, it was shown that Penguin was the one responsible for the death of Jason's dad. Jason then put a bullet in his eye, which led to yet another Jason and Batman fallout (to put it mildly, considering Bruce did a real number on Jason that time).

For Felipe, not to my knowledge. Though, I wouldn't hold it against Robin Jason for this one if he did push the POS.

It's not like Jason is punished for the deaths he commits. He killed a guy in Urban Legends and got a new (horrible) uniform and a crowbar as a gift from Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    It's not like Jason is punished for the deaths he commits. He killed a guy in Urban Legends and got a new (horrible) uniform and a crowbar as a gift from Batman.
    I don't know about you, but that does sound a punishment to me.

That's why it's hard for me to respect Batman at times. He will say he's "done" but then he never really follows through with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    In Rebirth, it was shown that Penguin was the one responsible for the death of Jason's dad. Jason then put a bullet in his eye, which led to yet another Jason and Batman fallout (to put it mildly, considering Bruce did a real number on Jason that time).

For Felipe, not to my knowledge. Though, I wouldn't hold it against Robin Jason for this one if he did push the POS.
    That fallout was so unnecessary. All Jason had to do was informBruce that he has been using rubber bullets since the new52. Solved. He just let Bruce carry on thinking he was killing when he wasn't.

Not to mention that Bruce 2 issues later had Penguin locked up in huis secret jail. Torturing the poor guy with Alfred's help.Shocking seeing Penguin cry and Alfred mocking him. That bothered me seeing 'good guys' doing that.
    Pair of hypocrites those two.

Also wasn't Jason's dad alive in Rebirth? Did Penguin kill him again?

He has been sent to jail in the past and for the longest time he has been using blanks.

Jason rarely goes hunting Joker in his actual series. It's just lazy writers that keep dragging him back to Joker.

Jason should be moved to something else. He's never going to get the resolution he wants with the Joker and to have him still hung upon ending the Joker in random recent comics just makes it seem lackingin dedication.

Like Jason wakes up every 9 months or so, sees a clown on telly and goes "oh yeah joker is a clown and he killed me [an lots of other people], I should go end him"

Has an attempt. fails, goes home and just forgets until the next time he sees a clown.

He doesn't need to kill or be obsessed with Killing Joker. Let him move past the story of how he died.
    Last edited by Fergus; 04-21-2023 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    That fallout was so unnecessary. All Jason had to do was informBruce that he has been using rubber bullets since the new52. Solved. He just let Bruce carry on thinking he was killing when he wasn't.

Not to mention that Bruce 2 issues later had Penguin locked up in huis secret jail. Torturing the poor guy with Alfred's help.Shocking seeing Penguin cry and Alfred mocking him. That bothered me seeing 'good guys' doing that.
    Pair of hypocrites those two.

Also wasn't Jason's dad alive in Rebirth? Did Penguin kill him again?
    Yeah, it was later revealed that Willis Todd ended up taking up the Wingman moniker at some point, but never revealed he was still alive, or how.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The ones that attempted to do this, Lobdell being at the forefront, sometimes didn't get a chance to finish before their story was derailed by company wide decisions/events. And other times, we would finish an arc where Jason "moves past his anger", only for another writer to bring him in, and throw that out.

And Jason being alive, the second Robin, history as an anti-hero, and having a sizeable fandom, isn't getting shelved anytime soon. For better or for worse.

Thankfully, the one thing NOT retconned from Lobdell's last run on Red Hood, was Jason not only reforming and befriending Suzie Sue (and her sisters), but also Joker's Daughter, and taking her back to her family. Unless that too was wiped away by some other writer or event, which is an awful lowblow.
    What are the references for them and the All-Caste after Infinite Frontier and Dark Crisis? Have they been mentioned again?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What are the references for them and the All-Caste after Infinite Frontier and Dark Crisis? Have they been mentioned again?
    Dude, most of Jason's solo series stuff, including his character progression, is tossed to the wolves outside of any Outlaws books. That's been a major part of the problem.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Back in his Robin days, Jason's original major nemesis wasn't the Joker, but Two-Face.
    There is even a story where Jason stopped Batman from Killing Joker...

Last edited by Aahz; 04-24-2023 at 02:43 AM.