All-New Member

Default Anthology titles

Are there any American publishers that still publish anthology comics?

Gonna just mention a bunch that I know of, I've not read/kept up with a lot of these for a while now so not sure how 'current' this post will be. Unfortunately the US comics market hasn't been too great for anthologies, so I'm not sure how many monthlies are in print still... Hopefully someone else can help filling in those blanks.

Dark Horse Presents springs to mind obviously, that actually just relaunched like maybe a week ago and releases monthly. Dark Horse also releases Creepy (horror/supernatural) and Eerie (sci-fi/horror) every month. Vertigo tends to release anthologies about once every 3-4 months. Last year they had The Witching Hour for Halloween, this year they're doing 4 issues revolving around colours called CMYK.
    Nobrow is an anthology right? Pretty sure that releases annually? Image releases the yearly Thought Bubble convention anthology. That's a a UK convention, but Image is a US publisher. That's why I haven't mentioned 2000AD (well guess I just did ), since that's UK. Are the Mouse Guard series from Boom/Archaia considered anthologies? Also, Image's Popgun springs to mind. Those are/were more like graphic novels with a whole bunch of stories in there, annually I think? There's at LEAST 4 volumes of that. There was also the FUBAR series, is that still around? What about Drawn & Quarterly, they were always held in high regard?

Then of course there's more character/series/interest area-specific anthologies. Things like the recent Batman Black & White, Rocketeer Adventures, the Adventure Time annuals, the Ray Bradbury comics a while back, Occupy Comics (around the Occupy movement), there's a lot of LGBTQ+ centric anthologies (like Qu33r recently, a hardback collection of 33 stories), some of the Graphic Classics series (volume 24, the Native American volume featured a bunch of indiginous creative teams for example), etc.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Spera, those are hardcovers I think. Fantasy genre. There's been at least 3 now, could be more, and a new one appearing this year. They've starred a LOT of great talents over the years.
    Last edited by TotalSnorefest; 09-05-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!