Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Attachment 131111

I think this may be the decision Destiny predicted back in Moira's 3rd life in HoXPoX. This whole issue has shown Destiny is playing a super-long game, and Moira now has a decision to make (what to do with Mother Righteous McGuffin). We are at the end of life 10 and by restarting the timeline via a clone she would get her 11th life.

With Fall of X on the horizon, it seems like we are getting close to the endgame of the Krakoan era, so going back to this panel from HoXPoX would make sense.
    I'd be amused if Moira's got potentially unlimited lives, and that Destiny just lied here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd be amused if Moira's got potentially unlimited lives, and that Destiny just lied here.
    I thought of that, but really it gets better. The clone thing shows that they could have de powered her at any point used the 5 to res her and her new spawn point would be there...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Who knows, maybe this time the reset will be different for some reason, and instead of only Moira remembering the SoS timeline, everyone does.
    Then the Heart would be even more useless and pointless. If everyone remember everything, then all that planning by Mother Righteous was for nothing. She essentially just created Moira's clones, but with magic. And there is no clear explanation as to why she couldn't have just use some magic spell to go back in time to the present days with all of her knowledge. Or why Sinister hadn't cloned someone with time travelling powers.

What if, when the timeline resets, humans remember just enough and it becomes known Mutants are manipulating reality / running simulations which accelerate making humans obsolete?

That would sprinkle not-quite conspiracy theories on basic mutant hate and effectively dial bigotry up to 11.

It’s one thing to lose the race to colonize Mars. It’s an entirely different thing to learn you have been living in simulations being run by a hated / feared community.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 04-19-2023 at 02:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Even if Moira had all this knowledge, why would anyone believe her? If everyone remembers, then MR's plan is useless.

Reallu enjoyed this issue! Spurrier excels at dropping really cool, really crazy worldbuilding stuff, and this issue was full of great little bits like the Silver Mercator and Ghost Galactus.

It was also great getting into Mother Righteous' head a little bit. I'm enjoying her more and more.

As a whole, I've really enjoyed this little jaunt through Sinisterland. Of course it doesn't hurt that Gillen, Ewing, and Spurrier are some of my favorite X-writers!

Do we know what the future of Legion of X is?

-Pav, who likes the cast...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Reallu enjoyed this issue! Spurrier excels at dropping really cool, really crazy worldbuilding stuff, and this issue was full of great little bits like the Silver Mercator and Ghost Galactus.

It was also great getting into Mother Righteous' head a little bit. I'm enjoying her more and more.

As a whole, I've really enjoyed this little jaunt through Sinisterland. Of course it doesn't hurt that Gillen, Ewing, and Spurrier are some of my favorite X-writers!

Do we know what the future of Legion of X is?

-Pav, who likes the cast...
    Legion of X is finished, but the story will be concluded on the one shot "X-Men: Before the Fall - Sons of X #1", on May 3rd.

I also enjoyed this issue very much. MR is becoming a very interesting villain. I wish she was not a Sinister clone and just its own thing. But whatever.

And the art was great. It broke the point of the same penciler for each era, but Vitti had already dropped the quality in last week's book, so I'm fine with new artists to keep the quality.

Fantastic Member

I could see Moira sending something back to destroy Siniter's Moiras, so he no longer has that whole engine, and maybe a message to threaten him.

This was… damn good… much to my surprise.

Easily the best of the 3-issue storyline. The series as a whole, leading into the climax, has been wildly consistent, with all 3 writers excelling at times, and really being quite boring at others.

I’m agreeing with others that have said that more characters than just Moira will remember the events of the storyline when the timeline resets. Basically, I think every major character here HAS to remember. It’s the only thing that makes sense for the storyline to mean anything in the present and to launch the events that lead to FoX.

Looking forward to next week’s conclusion and the aftermath.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 04-20-2023 at 03:28 AM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Maybe Moira Will put herself in a clone body?

Didnt see her so robotic

I can’t seem to connect with Spurrier’s writing.. I ended up skimming it.. let’s get this over with..

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    why Sinister hadn't cloned someone with time travelling powers.
    I mean think of the Chimera option of: Rachel Grey, Trevor Fitzroy, Laura Kinny, and Tempest with any 1 other (although I would be partial to sage)
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Incredible Member

Moira showing up at the end is cool but totally random, and kind of falls apart upon inspection.

So apparently when the Avengers took down Orchis and Nimrod, she somehow knew to escape, and hide for 1000 years? None of her prior lives would have knowledge of Sinisterized mutant events. And somehow, she managed to either hide with the Brotherhood or Mother Righteous' group, even though neither group would be all that supportive of her being there. That is the only way it makes sense for her to be there, because she would have no knowledge (prior Moira lives) to get her into that position.

One question is whether the death of Moira clones cause that knowledge to travel back to Life 10 Moira. Meaning, whenever Sinister killed a clone in his many attempts on the council, if that information traveled back to Life 10 Moira who would be a robot and working with Orchis. It seems like the only use that Mother Righteous' heart would be to grant Life 10 Moira knowledge that clones of her exist as opposed to anything really actionable.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Moira showing up at the end is cool but totally random, and kind of falls apart upon inspection.

So apparently when the Avengers took down Orchis and Nimrod, she somehow knew to escape, and hide for 1000 years? None of her prior lives would have knowledge of Sinisterized mutant events. And somehow, she managed to either hide with the Brotherhood or Mother Righteous' group, even though neither group would be all that supportive of her being there. That is the only way it makes sense for her to be there, because she would have no knowledge (prior Moira lives) to get her into that position.

One question is whether the death of Moira clones cause that knowledge to travel back to Life 10 Moira. Meaning, whenever Sinister killed a clone in his many attempts on the council, if that information traveled back to Life 10 Moira who would be a robot and working with Orchis. It seems like the only use that Mother Righteous' heart would be to grant Life 10 Moira knowledge that clones of her exist as opposed to anything really actionable.
    Well if there's one thing Moira knows how to do it's how to survive for long stretches of time. It was smart of her to hide on earth once it became a mostly unlivable disaster of a planet because the red diamonds were too preoccupied with conquering to look back. Before then though it was said there were pockets of resistance cells scattered around so she probably hopped around as necessary.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I’ve absolutely loved this crossover. Waited long enough for another PoX-settle delve into the distant future of Krakoa.