Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

Also, I was excited for Laura to join the team and was saying as much just a couple of days ago in the preview thread... but this was a terrible introduction. The bar-fighting scene was just awful as is her all exchange with Tessa. Overall this was a pretty bad issue.
    Yeah, I don't get why anyone thought it was good idea, bar scene and alcohol could maybe more fit Daken, but not Laura. I didn't enjoy previous X-Force issues for a while, but I hoped that after (for me) awful X-Men series and making her only love interest/girlfriend for most of the run she would get something cool in this series. The only light was the scene with children, that was adorable.

Astonishing Member

Stares at this

Well I told you all the QC were a bunch of corrupt oligarchs whose only concern was mainting their own power base and caring nothing about literally anything else. Vindication!

Can we get a goddamn revolution on this island already? There has to be someone on Krakoa who isn’t worshipping authoritarianism.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Stares at this

Well I told you all the QC were a bunch of corrupt oligarchs whose only concern was mainting their own power base and caring nothing about literally anything else. Vindication!

Can we get a goddamn revolution on this island already? There has to be someone on Krakoa who isn’t worshipping authoritarianism.
    If there was any doubt about the QC it was confirmed at least as far back as the climax of X of Swords. It is nice that we are reminded though right before the QC is going to fall.

Astonishing Member

Then the only question remains.

How does a country of idiots this incompetent last this long? Their only saving grace is their precious resource the rest of the world desires enough to buy and fund an oligarchic council with both a psychotic head of intelligence and leaders with delusions of grandeur…huh.

Do you think Krakoa is going to launch and then completely fail at an invasion of a mutant splinter group sometime in the future to complete their parallels to Putin-era Russia?

How does a country of idiots this incompetent last this long? Their only saving grace is their precious resource the rest of the world desires enough to buy and fund an oligarchic council with both a psychotic head of intelligence and leaders with delusions of grandeur…huh.

Do you think Krakoa is going to launch and then completely fail at an invasion of a mutant splinter group sometime in the future to complete their parallels to Putin-era Russia?
    Apathy is a powerful thing.

That mind control could be, and likely will be, the way they sweep everything with Hank under the table annoys me to no end. X books have used mind control for years to make moral conflicts into 'no consequences for anyone' solutions. At this point they should have so many methods of detecting and preventing mind control that it doesn't count as an excuse for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That mind control could be, and likely will be, the way they sweep everything with Hank under the table annoys me to no end. X books have used mind control for years to make moral conflicts into 'no consequences for anyone' solutions. At this point they should have so many methods of detecting and preventing mind control that it doesn't count as an excuse for me anymore.
    It's either that, or have Hank unusable forever. I'm willing to take mind-control/possession.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Incredible Member

QC went about how one would expect, but Kitty or Hope not making any stink is baffling. The pragmatism makes sense, but having Storm be the sole dissenting opinion just doesn't work.

Aside from that, why do writers keep trying to make Quentin happen?

Astonishing Member

Rember the simpson mr burns gaga whe he has so many deadly diseases they intern cancle eachother out

https://youtu.be/aI0euMFAWF8

I don't have it in me at the moment to find it but someone posted one of those data pages the Chronicler was writing around the time Jean left the team I think, the Terra Verde stuff. He signed it in Russian. The poster was under the impression that not only was the Chronicler controlling Colossus but also having an impact on how the others reacted to things, at least from what he was writing. If anyone remembers it and has it, it might be worth reposting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    It's either that, or have Hank unusable forever. I'm willing to take mind-control/possession.
    All we need is for one of Beast's clones to turn on him and choose to be good. No possession or mind control, just a better and worthy one to replace him

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    All we need is for one of Beast's clones to turn on him and choose to be good. No possession or mind control, just a better and worthy one to replace him
    And will this clone have the original's soul?

One of the data pages from last months issue heavily hinted that ALL the clones and the prime Hank will be killed and Hank will be revived with only his memories from the Avengers era intact. Unless his soul has left his body at some point or it's shown that he has been heavily mind-controlled/possessed all this time, that isn't a very good fix, though I'd like his old personality back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    And will this clone have the original's soul?

One of the data pages from last months issue heavily hinted that ALL the clones and the prime Hank will be killed and Hank will be revived with only his memories from the Avengers era intact. Unless his soul has left his body at some point or it's shown that he has been heavily mind-controlled/possessed all this time, that isn't a very good fix, though I'd like his old personality back.
    His soul? If that matters than this clone would have his own soul. Why would we need the "soul" of this despised take on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    His soul? If that matters than this clone would have his own soul. Why would we need the "soul" of this despised take on the character.
    But then, it wouldn't be the original Hank. But then again, if this Hank is irreparably ruined, I guess we'd need a new Hank.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    QC went about how one would expect, but Kitty or Hope not making any stink is baffling. The pragmatism makes sense, but having Storm be the sole dissenting opinion just doesn't work.

Aside from that, why do writers keep trying to make Quentin happen?
    What pragmatism, disavowing Hank is going to do crap all for their reputation as Hank stomps around in his island corpse evangellion and Nature Girls cackles in the background trying to eat people before getting sprayed in the eyes with Mace.

Outside that is not doing anything about the guy who’s been torturing one of your top operatives going to endear Logan to the QC? If I was a wannabe revolutionary Logan would be one of the first people I’d try to recruit in light of this