Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Watched it in 3D!

Had a blast!

Was that spoilers:
    Manda when Mini Kong led Kong to that river? The one he beheaded and later ate? IIRC Manda is Terran Titan, not Hollow Earth.

Tiamat and Mothra were cool. Enjoyed that the webbing made a showing ng
    end of spoilers

I hope the do something like this with Godzilla next. Perhaps Godzilla x Mothra with some space alien stuff. I wouldn't mind this crew (on and off screen) stuck around.
    spoilers:
    Well, Legendary has to license Toho monsters on a case by case bases. As a matter of fact, although this film always intended to use Mothra, they weren't sure they'd be able to use her, so the earliest cuts of the movie had an original placeholder monster until Mothra was cleared. A credit about Godzilla and Mothra being owned by Toho is one of the first prominent end credits.

Which is to say: if it was officially Manda then it would be listed as such! So, no. It wouldn't be the first time Legendary produced an off-brand version of a Toho creature, though. A skeleton resembling but somewhat different to Anguirus was seen in Godzilla lair in King of the Monsters.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    spoilers:
    Mothra was such an obvious way to humanize Godzilla more, what with her being a human religious figure that allowed the human characters to be as safely close to Godzilla as possible (not just when he's sleeping or recovering), that I'm sure that's why that sub-plot happend, and would be at the top of the list for pitches for a sequel.
    end of spoilers
    That's exactly what I'm thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, Legendary has to license Toho monsters on a case by case bases. As a matter of fact, although this film always intended to use Mothra, they weren't sure they'd be able to use her, so the earliest cuts of the movie had an original placeholder monster until Mothra was cleared. A credit about Godzilla and Mothra being owned by Toho is one of the first prominent end credits.

Which is to say: if it was officially Manda then it would be listed as such! So, no. It wouldn't be the first time Legendary produced an off-brand version of a Toho creature, though. A skeleton resembling but somewhat different to Anguirus was seen in Godzilla lair in King of the Monsters.
    end of spoilers
    That is what I kinda thought. I asked my kids because I had to step out because my daughter's chair shorted out and caught fire during the movie (everything and everyone is fine). They didn't know if it was or not.

We thought the 3D was super killer till I saw the sparks!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-01-2024 at 08:32 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Hope Gamera shows up soon. He's not a heavy hitter like Kong and Zilla but why not.

I'll probably see this Thursday or Friday.

I've been avoiding spoilers, buuuttt, anyone feel free to spoil this one thing for me:
    spoilers:
    There's a two pack with Suko and "Titanus Doug" in Target (haven't seen it in Walmart). Is there in fact a Titanus Doug in the movie, and if so does he/she/it share any screentime with Suko???
    end of spoilers

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I saw this Friday at the IMAX and it was a lot of fun. Absolutely insane, but fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I've been avoiding spoilers, buuuttt, anyone feel free to spoil this one thing for me:
    Yes and no (IIRC).
    Last edited by exile001; 04-02-2024 at 05:50 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I saw this Friday at the IMAX and it was a lot of fun. Absolutely insane, but fun.
    All I ask for in a Godzilla/Kong movie, really.

Yes and no (IIRC).
    Ah well. Thanks!

Extraordinary Member

I had a fun time. It was obviously nowhere near as good as Minus One, but it works very well as popcorn entertainment. The best description I can give is that it's like if Final Wars had better special effects, was not as stupid, and Don Frye was replaced by Kong.

BANNED

anyone happen to know if there's any Godzilla X King Kong New Empire movie themed popcorn buckets at various movie theaters or not?

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    anyone happen to know if there's any Godzilla X King Kong New Empire movie themed popcorn buckets at various movie theaters or not?
    AMC had some.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I missed out on the Ghostbusters: FE themes popcorn buckets...mostly cause I don't eat theater popcorn. Tends to cost more than the ticket. Though I guess you can buy those separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I missed out on the Ghostbusters: FE themes popcorn buckets...mostly cause I don't eat theater popcorn. Tends to cost more than the ticket. Though I guess you can buy those separately.
    Both GB and GxK buckets were like $50-60.

The Afterlife Ecto bucket was ~$30 IIRC.

It’s been out a while, so is it ok to do spoilers?

I really enjoyed it. It was dumb fun and I’m glad I saw it on the big screen. My boy Kong just gets his ass kicked nonstop in these movies. Poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    My boy Kong just gets his ass kicked nonstop in these movies. Poor guy.
    Well, didn't the director say that he was characterizing Kong as a John McClain type?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, didn't the director say that he was characterizing Kong as a John McClain type?
    You could also say he's an early Rocky Balboa underdog and audience surrogate, though he might be entering his Rocky beating Ivan Drago phase now with his mecha arm, Ice Age Titan companion, and the respect of an entire civilization/tribe in Hollow Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    You could also say he's an early Rocky Balboa underdog and audience surrogate, though he might be entering his Rocky beating Ivan Drago phase now with his mecha arm, Ice Age Titan companion, and the respect of an entire civilization/tribe in Hollow Earth.
    You mean ... he's in his king phase??