Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    You mean ... he's in his king phase??

Like a return of a king, maybe.

I really like the movie and thought it was a lot of fun but there were a few things I wish they had done differently or included.

There’s a big exposition dump in the middle of the flick, which a chuckled at because Dr. Andrews is supposed to be reading pictographs yet she’s telling the story like she’s just reading sentences. Anyway they give you all this info but still never tell you where the hell the Scar King got his magic crystal that controls Shimo. That’s kind of a huge plot point that’s never explained.

And holy crap has Godzilla’s atomic breath just become way too OP. You already know how all of his fights are going to end.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really like the movie and thought it was a lot of fun but there were a few things I wish they had done differently or included.

There’s a big exposition dump in the middle of the flick, which a chuckled at because Dr. Andrews is supposed to be reading pictographs yet she’s telling the story like she’s just reading sentences. Anyway they give you all this info but still never tell you where the hell the Scar King got his magic crystal that controls Shimo. That’s kind of a huge plot point that’s never explained.

And holy crap has Godzilla’s atomic breath just become way too OP. You already know how all of his fights are going to end.
    I thought it was clearly a dead Zilla spine carrying energy, which by now we know he could recharge within Hollow Earth. The only question now is why it could subdue and order Shimu around, is it a Titan hierarchy thing, are Shimu and Zilla related, or are Godzilla's powers becoming magic now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I thought it was clearly a dead Zilla spine carrying energy, which by now we know he could recharge within Hollow Earth. The only question now is why it could subdue and order Shimu around, is it a Titan hierarchy thing, are Shimu and Zilla related, or are Godzilla's powers becoming magic now?
    I read that the crystal was from Shimo’s tail. Is there an official version?

Seriously, one sentence would have cleared it all up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I read that the crystal was from Shimo’s tail. Is there an official version?

Seriously, one sentence would have cleared it all up.
    I haven't seen this movie yet but I've read the novelisation. Awesome story and I'm really looking forwards to seeing it on-screen.

It's implied in the novel that the crystal may be a piece from one of Shimo's spikes but it's never confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    I haven't seen this movie yet but I've read the novelisation. Awesome story and I'm really looking forwards to seeing it on-screen.

It's implied in the novel that the crystal may be a piece from one of Shimo's spikes but it's never confirmed.
    The origin of the crystal doesn't come up in the movie, so the book's your bet best for that info.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)