Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    My boy Anguirus should be in one of these.
    YES!

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Kong has a metal arm?
    I think it's more a Power gauntlet, but could be a full replacement.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Mighty Member

Director Reveals New Skar King Details And Explains Kong's Robo-Arm

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire director Adam Wingard has shared some intriguing new details about the movie's villainous Skar King and addressed Kong's all-new bionic arm. Possible spoilers follow...

Shmong represents the worst parts of humanity in monster form? Groundbreaking
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Ultimate Member

I'd bet that the arm is just a huge cast

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Possible spoilers follow...
    and here they are!

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Shmong represents the worst parts of humanity in monster form? Groundbreaking
    Sounds perfect.

I'm still wonder why this is called new empire?
    Last edited by choptop; 01-06-2024 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'm still wonder why this is called new empire?
    Perhaps this Skar character (wish they had another name) recruits other Titans and wants to invade the surface world.

So am I the last to know about (spoiler tag just in case) spoilers:
    Shimo
    end of spoilers?

Everything I'm reading about this movie sounds like KotM and GvK combined, basically. Which IMO is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like they'd need Toho's permission for that and I think the buck stopped with Mechagodzilla.
    Well judging by the toys, spoilers:
    Suko (baby Kong) comes with Titanus Doug which looks like a large iguana.
    end of spoilers so, close enough

Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire’s ‘Buddy-Cop’ Dynamic Is Inspired By Lethal Weapon.

“There’s a bit of a truce — Godzilla’s in control of the surface world and Kong is down in Hollow Earth,” explains Wingard of where the sequel finds the pair. “It wasn’t, ‘Okay, give me a call when something goes wrong, Kong. And I, Godzilla, will rush to the rescue!’” But when the threat of new simian villain Skar King looms, an alliance is necessary – bringing together a mismatched duo on an epic scale. “The buddy-cop dysfunctional relationship dynamic is probably the best one to describe Godzilla and Kong,” says Wingard, noting Lethal Weapon as one of his favourites in the genre. “My influences are always embedded with the ‘80s, and the ‘80s were prime for [that] storyline.” Prepare for all the crossed wires that you’d expect – just, with two cantankerous creatures who can’t actually speak. “There’s a lot of misunderstanding – the way that the monsters communicate isn’t straightforward.”

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Just like how you could pause the last trailer for Godzilla vs. Kong and spot Mechagodzilla for a brief second, you can catch the hidden villain in this new Godzilla x Kong a few times. Although at least this time they are very much implying the Scar King has help up front.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I saw that other titan too. He's huge. It's head is the size of Godzilla's Torso. This might be the largest live action Titan we've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Looks fun but still don't really feel like they're teaming-up in this movie...but that might be because they're hiding things (like the true final boss).

I'm guessing critics will compare it unfavorably to Minus One, but I kind of see these Monsterverse films as larely kind of a modern, slightly more serious take on the campier aspects of Godzilla-the late 60s and all the 70s Monster team-up/vs films, and many which followed later on (Final Wars, for example)-while of course Minus One is inspired by the more horror-oriented/metaphor Godzilla from the first few films, Return of Godzilla/1985, Shin etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth