Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I can’t say I’m super excited that another giant gorilla is the main bad guy but still looking forward to the movie overall.

Kong could hold his own for a while with Godzilla but he couldn’t avoid the atomic breathe forever and having to dodge and move around so much wore the big guy out. Then Godzilla finished him off with brute strength. If Godzilla can beat the main giant ape I’m curious to see how this new guy could be a big enough threat for both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    If you look at the Gorilla at the end it's eyes have a blue and red glow, which was highlighted as Godzilla and Kong a little earlier.
    Having a Kong with atomic breathe could be the answer. He’d have the brains, tool making ability, and agility of Kong and also Godzilla’s ultimate weapon.

Looking forward to seeing the two of them fight together again. The team up at the end of the first one was great. I’m hoping that Kong gets to reunite with his kind and we get a “son of Kong”.

Considering we're apparently getting a more grounded, serious Toho Godzilla film in November, my hope for this one is that it's just bugnuts bonkers.

... for the sake of variety!

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Considering we're apparently getting a more grounded, serious Toho Godzilla film in November, my hope for this one is that it's just bugnuts bonkers.

Watch.

It'll be the other way around.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I wish this villain we're looking at is the new King Caesar.
    I'm with you on that.

It'd be nice to get a few more classic Toho monsters, but alas. Damn the lawyers.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Of this year? We're getting two?

I'm....kinda ambivalent about this new Kong/Godzilla, I guess? The last one was okay but didn't blow my mind. I'm here for it, but definitely waiting for the streaming.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

^ Yes, there's a new Toho Godzilla film coming out in Japan this November. No poster, no images, not even an official title yet, but we know it'll be a period piece, set in late '40s Japan in the aftermath of WWII.

2024 is the 70th anniversary of Godzilla, so the new Toho movie at the end of this year and the MonsterVerse film a few months later seem to be the festivities. There's also an Apple+ MonsterVerse series that supposedly takes place in multiple time-periods? That's also mysterious.

I thought the show was canned?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Hopefully this is an all new creature and not a combination of anyone we've seen in the past. Many more creatures should be explored in this world.

I love Godzilla. I love Kong. But I hated Godzilla vs Kong. Once in a lifetime event, rematch of the century, and they fucking ruined it by making it the dumbest movie I have ever seen that wasn't meant as a parody. So I'm not watching any sequels to that flaming bag of crap. I'll get my Godzilla from Toho, and I guess I'll wait for King Kong to hit public domain so someone else can take a crack at the big ape.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I love Godzilla. I love Kong. But I hated Godzilla vs Kong. Once in a lifetime event, rematch of the century, and they fucking ruined it by making it the dumbest movie I have ever seen that wasn't meant as a parody. So I'm not watching any sequels to that flaming bag of crap. I'll get my Godzilla from Toho, and I guess I'll wait for King Kong to hit public domain so someone else can take a crack at the big ape.
    So I'm not the only one here who hated that thing? I thought they actively worked to make it horrible. That...I guess you could call it a story, was bad even for a Godzilla movie. I'm prepared to forgive a lot to get my G fix, but that was a bit beyond the pale. Come to think of it, King of the Monsters was also pretty terrible. Toho it is then for Godzilla, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I thought the show was canned?
    No. As a matter of fact it may have recently finished filming? Rumors are it'll partially be set right after Godzilla 2014, and Kurt and Wyatt Russell are in it (possibly) playing the same guy at different ages.

All the recent American Godzilla movies were not good. G vs K was no exception, and it had particularly stupid story features. On the other hand I loved Skull Island. Don't know how the same company made such a good Kong movie and bad Godzilla movies.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

^ Yes, there's a new Toho Godzilla film coming out in Japan this November. No poster, no images, not even an official title yet, but we know it'll be a period piece, set in late '40s Japan in the aftermath of WWII.
    Well that sounds pretty great. Wonder when it'll be Stateside?

2024 is the 70th anniversary of Godzilla, so the new Toho movie at the end of this year and the MonsterVerse film a few months later seem to be the festivities. There's also an Apple+ MonsterVerse series that supposedly takes place in multiple time-periods? That's also mysterious.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the show.

I liked the 2014 Godzilla, and I thought Skull Island and King of Monsters were okay, but Godzilla v Kong was not good. Not sure how I feel about another one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Interesting there's such strong feelings against these G films. I didn't love them, but I thought they were fine. (a lot better than the 98 film) My biggest complaint was the design of Mecha-Godzilla.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Interesting there's such strong feelings against these G films. I didn't love them, but I thought they were fine. (a lot better than the 98 film) My biggest complaint was the design of Mecha-Godzilla.
    Yeah, they weren't that terrible in my eyes just average popcorn films which is all I ever viewed the originals.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!