Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

It feels like more of a Kong movie with Godzilla just guest-starring but I guess the last film had Mechagodzilla so it's fair.

Even I got pretty hyped seeing them run together at the end.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I see pink, I'm immediately thinking SpaceGodzilla. I read something about Scar King being able to control monsters, so maybe pink means hypnotised? Lol.

Also, I wonder if the Scar King IS (a) Son of Kong? Brought up by Kongs and ultimately turned on them?

Or the long overdue return of Mechani-Kong...
    Whatever the in-movie explanation is, the real reason apparently was they wanted new toy opportunities, so they imaginatively thought, what if he's exactly alike the previous version except his charge up and atomic breath is pink?!?! This they unwisely IMO revealed in interviews.

After the previous WB Godzillas, I'm more than a bit unenthusiastic about this one, while eagerly awaiting the time I will have free to see Minus One. From the WB slot, I like Skull Island best, then 2014. The others I thought were pretty terrible. Hopefully WB will surprise me this time, and this one will be very good.

can godzilla influence reptiles and can Kong influence mammals?

what about all the monster cameos at the end of King of the Monsters? Did they all go back to their secret hiding nests?

How does the Monarch TV show fit into all this? Is it mandatory viewing before G X K?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels like more of a Kong movie with Godzilla just guest-starring but I guess the last film had Mechagodzilla so it's fair.
    Obviously Kong would be used more for story, as he can interact with the humans and show a range of emotions. This version of Godzilla is a force of nature, it isn't something to hang a character-based narrative on. at least so far...

That said, I will die of joy if Godzilla and Kong high five or something equally dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even I got pretty hyped seeing them run together at the end.
    I've watched the trailer a few times and it could still be a chase.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Whatever the in-movie explanation is, the real reason apparently was they wanted new toy opportunities, so they imaginatively thought, what if he's exactly alike the previous version except his charge up and atomic breath is pink?!?! This they unwisely IMO revealed in interviews.
    Or it's a lie!

I'm dying on the hill that it's either Godzilla controlled via space-radiation (in a nod to SG) or straight up SpaceGodzilla and the real Big-G isn't in the trailer at all.

Whatever the nonsense, my excitement is incredibly high.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Who's the other monkey? Shmong?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Who's the other monkey? Shmong?
    Diddy 8910

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I heard rumors of Son of Kong debuting but I was not expecting to see him. That was great.
    So, wait, is Godzilla Junior in this, too? Those two teaming up would be cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So, wait, is Godzilla Junior in this, too? Those two teaming up would be cute.
    I feel like they'd need Toho's permission for that and I think the buck stopped with Mechagodzilla.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That just didn't do much for me atleast compared to Minus One
    I mean it looks bad compared to Skull Island and Godzilla vs Kong. To be frank this looks like a Video Game not an actual film

Astonishing Member

I was really pumped for Godzilla vs Kong 1, but this looks silly with horrible CGI. I bet its supposed to be silly, like the older movies with Godzillas son etc.

I can accept trash like some of the vintage movies, but only if there is a guy in a costume that has a certain charm. CGI trash is unwatchable.

Mighty Member

My boy Anguirus should be in one of these.

Kong has a metal arm?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Finally the dream team .

Looks awful, worse that the last one.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!