Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Also how did i just notice Fantomex??? I cant even remember the last time i saw him, could he finally be coming back in time for the Gala?
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I'm getting reminded to how the original gala was supposed to be a grand display of "mutant fashion" (because "mutant + noun" was used to imply a rich socio-cultural development occuring without actualy showcasing/detailing it), even though the majority of outfits did not involve the characters powers, rather being mostly just garish outfits for the sake of it or somehow involving one of their costumes.

Which seems to be the case with most of these non-mutant characters aswell (Ghost Rider's outfit is just wearing sunglasses...).

So it seems there is no more pretense that this is about "mutant culture", as much as it was always just the "X-men Comic Met Gala" which now expanded into "Marvel Comics Met Gala". Likely because someone in charge felt that the buzz (positive or negative) created around the first two galas could jump over to other titles outside the X-men realm aswell in order to boost sales.
    That's how it is but I think it was always this way. It's an excuse to get all these different artist together to create some awesome work so they can pump out tons of variant covers to boost the sales of the entire Marvel line-up.
    Case in point. Wandas variant cover is for Doctor Strange and not her own comic. Because he is probably not appearing at the gala at all so he wouldn't profit from this but they know Wanda is a hot commodity so they simply put one and one together. And you know what? That's fine.

It's just a fine little annual event where many players of the Marvel Universe come together to have a good time and as we can see from many responses people love this. It's cool to see all the characters this way for a change when you consider the typical events and stories these characters find themselves in the rest of their time. There doesn't need to be a deep in-universe reason for the existence of this. At least that's my opinion on the matter.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Hellcat looks a mess. Flop.
    Patsy definitely has a lot going on .

Are you referring to her outfit or her comic?

I didn't even realise that was Hellcat. IMO, her out fit is right down there with Kingpin's.

Kingpin's outfit somehow manages to be completely on the nose, incredibly bland, and still feel like he's mocking the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Kingpin's outfit somehow manages to be completely on the nose, incredibly bland, and still feel like he's mocking the entire thing.
    I am glad that he isn't wearing his usual white suit.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Are you referring to her outfit or her comic?

I didn't even realise that was Hellcat. IMO, her out fit is right down there with Kingpin's.
    Both if you read her current mini .

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am glad that he isn't wearing his usual white suit.
    They just don't want him blending in with Moon Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Both if you read her current mini .
    I haven't read it, hence the question. You'd think a former model would have a better outfit.

To be fair, the Hellfire Gala was also supposed to be an event where mutants receive leaders from all around the world to talk about human-mutants relations.

If it was just mutants, it would only be a special party, and not also a diplomatic event.

I love that Synch and Laura are matching! That rainbow X would really work well as his power signature going forward.
    And Daddy Exodus is bringing it in royal purple!

Last edited by nx01a; 04-19-2023 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I'm getting reminded to how the original gala was supposed to be a grand display of "mutant fashion" (because "mutant + noun" was used to imply a rich socio-cultural development occuring without actualy showcasing/detailing it), even though the majority of outfits did not involve the characters powers, rather being mostly just garish outfits for the sake of it or somehow involving one of their costumes.

Which seems to be the case with most of these non-mutant characters aswell (Ghost Rider's outfit is just wearing sunglasses...).

So it seems there is no more pretense that this is about "mutant culture", as much as it was always just the "X-men Comic Met Gala" which now expanded into "Marvel Comics Met Gala". Likely because someone in charge felt that the buzz (positive or negative) created around the first two galas could jump over to other titles outside the X-men realm aswell in order to boost sales.
    I think it proves that X-Men are now the center of Marvel.

I like seeing Fantomex there. No Logan or Cable this year either, though. Disappointing.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Amazing Member

Gagatrondra!!!

This should be Xavier's mutant look going forward.

The Five ATE!!!!! Left not a crumb at the table!
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Why does Talon have Betsy's butterfly aura?
    That is not a butterfly. It looks like the Wolverine mask which its intended to evoke

Its inspired by that, not Psylocke