Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Watching the X-Men actually fight in those outfit would be pretty awesome. Let's say goodbye to superhero costumes and let the X-Men always show up in Gala gowns to kick some asses.

Maybe it is just me, but I wished superhero costumes would aesthetically get completely reimagined. It takes away so much creativity because so many costumes are so stand and basic.
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-19-2023 at 10:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm digging the vast majority of those. I wonder if all these characters will actually be attending the Gala though or if it's just variant covers? I can't really imagine the X-Men inviting Moon Knight to Krakoa...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm digging the vast majority of those. I wonder if all these characters will actually be attending the Gala though or if it's just variant covers? I can't really imagine the X-Men inviting Moon Knight to Krakoa...
    They probably won't. If history is any indication, the Gala will be on that island that Namor gave Magneto for the purpose. Kynes?

And I'd love to see something happen either at or during the Gala that requires the various heroes to go into action wearing their fancy attire!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That is not a butterfly. It looks like the Wolverine mask which its intended to evoke

Its inspired by that, not Psylocke
    Then they clearly did a poor job of it, because it looks like the Psychic Butterfly, not the Wolverine mask.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Betsy's psychic butterfly looks nothing like that. It always has four wings. Talon's mask is obviously a stylised version of the wolverine cowl. The only similarity is that it's pink and translucent.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The Gala costume reveals/looks aren't really exciting or interesting for me, but I will say that Synch's power signature looks great there.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

i wish more of the looks for the x-men were translatable to field outfits like the first gala where both Storm and Jean were able to use their outfits as field gear. Looking at the outfits so far none of them really look like they would work well in the field except for maybe Xaviers.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Haven't at least 1-2 Gala outfits become official costumes after each Gala?

Like Jean, Wanda, Synch...I might be forgetting somebody.

I would like Rogue's outfit for the first Gala to become her uniform. But I don't think that will happen anymore

Miles Morales is winning this for me, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Haven't at least 1-2 Gala outfits become official costumes after each Gala?

Like Jean, Wanda, Synch...I might be forgetting somebody.
    Yeah… Jean and Wanda permanently, Storm for a brief period (all her appearances in SWORD and other appearances sprinkled here and there), and Synch for one issue (wish it were more).

Why on earth did they go with choice #2? Both the other options are much better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Why on earth did they go with choice #2? Both the other options are much better.
    Perhaps the symmetry makes it easier to draw repeatedly?