Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I wonder if Elnor will be in this?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Well, if he was on the Excelsior still, I wouldn't count on it.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I really liked her arc on Discovery so I'm down for more.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Going to be honest I liked her character in the pilot and I thought the Walker Class was the best looking ship in the DISCO era next to the Enterprise and Saru is the most likeable character on DISCO IMO.

So rather than a Section 31 film I would have probably enjoyed a film about her as Captain with Saru ending with talks about a new officer being assigned to the ship Michael Burnham.

Special Circumstances is the best ethically compromised CIA analogue protecting a Sci-Fi utopia for someone to make a film about - change my mind.

Ultimate Member

Random thoughts;

Michelle Yeoh is awesome.

Strange New Worlds spun off of Discovery and yet managed to be good, despite that ignominous parentage.

Do not care for Section 31, for the reasons mentioned upthread. It feels distinctly not-Star-Trek and dystopian and ugly (exactly the sort of thing all those admirals *that turn out to be bad-guys* would wet their pants over).

BUT, Mirror Georgiou is an interesting person to be fronting a Section 31 show. She comes from a darker and grittier timeline, and has a penchant for pointing out ugly truths. I wonder if she'll ascerbicly note at some point that 'even *we* didn't do anything that dark, in the 'evil' universe' when some Section 31 dude is being morally and / or ethically super-sketchy. Or it could lean the other way, she could point out 'solutions' so 'practical' and cold-blooded and inhuman that her peers in Section 31 are sort of shocked into conscience and pump the brakes a bit? (And, being who she is, perhaps doing quite deliberately, reminding her hard-nosed colleagues that A) they are amateurs compared to her, and B) the road they are on leads straight to being able to rationalize eating babies 'for the greater good.')

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Depends where/when the Guardian dropped her off. Don't think it was stated she'd wind up back in the 23rd any where.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I will support this.

I'll also support a return of Avery Brooks as Sisko.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Why is Sisko in italics above?
    Is this a nod to you wanting a show called Sisko, like we had Picard?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Why is Sisko in italics above?
    Is this a nod to you wanting a show called Sisko, like we had Picard?
    I'd like to add since swearing is now part of Trek it must be called "The Motherfucking Sisko" & in every scene where the villains see him for the 1st time they must say, and I don't care if it's even Q they must say "Holy **** it's the Motherfucking Sisko"

Question to those who watched DISCO season 3 and 4 does she know the Terran Empire fell in the Mirror Universe? Because that would have been interesting the former Empresses returning in the Mirror Universe of the 32nd century to try and rebuild the Empire.

I think she was told the Mirror universe had somehow "drifted" from the main universe somehow and wasn't easy to get back too.

Even the one the Guardian sent her to wasn't exactly the same Mirror Universe somehow? (Or maybe it was just some illusion he cooked up?)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'd like to add since swearing is now part of Trek it must be called "The Motherfucking Sisko" & in every scene where the villains see him for the 1st time they must say, and I don't care if it's even Q they must say "Holy **** it's the Motherfucking Sisko"
    I would love to see that.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!