Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I hope the dems find someone to get excited about. Otherwise, what's the point of bothering to vote.
    If you have to be excited to vote in a 2-party world where we have so many shootings (mass and not) it's rare a week goes by without one in the news and one party is actively preventing anything being done about it while saying actually doing anything would make it worse . . . I don't know what to tell you.

Florida Republicans have made it their goal to punish people for being LGBT in every way they can. As Republicans are vilifying people who haven't done anything wrong (LGBT individuals and the doctors/parents/advocates that work for & with them) across the country, not to mention the educators trying to teach simple things like actual history and not to treat people different just because they look or act differently than you, they are also openly trying to take over the election system as they can't run a successful coup, I'd think people should be motivated enough to vote already.
    Last edited by Dalak; 04-23-2023 at 09:26 AM. Reason: We're all human

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Sort of like Donald Trump?
    Both Donald Trump and Bobby Jr. have one thing in common. They are married three times and divorced twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Well, 14% of Biden voters support him.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/11690888002/

Those numbers are probably not enough to convince anyone serious (IE- someone with significant political experience) to challenge Biden.
    Not enough but 14% is a darn impressive number for an environmental lawyer turned anti-vaxxer who never held an elected office in his life.

Perhaps it is because of his choice of words that has drawn a lot of Biden voters. Robert Kennedy Jr. explained why he’s challenging President Biden: “My mission is to end the corrupt merger of state & corporate power that is imposing a new kind of corporate feudalism on our country."

The Hill has an interesting, opinionated article regarding RFK Jr.'s candidacy.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...paign-of-1976/

Will RFK Jr. replicate Jimmy Carter’s presidential campaign of 1976?

Calling him an “anti-vaccine activist” is totally predictable for some in the mainstream media, I suppose. But millions of Americans believe they should have the right to at least question new, rushed or “experimental” vaccines, and many no doubt believe they have a voice in the form of RFK Jr.

As he said: “My mission over the next 18 months of this campaign and throughout my presidency will be to end the corrupt merger of state and corporate power that is threatening now — threatening now — to impose a new kind of corporate feudalism in our country; to commoditize our children, our purple mountain’s majesty; to poison our children and our people with chemicals and pharmaceutical drugs; to strip-mine our assets; to hollow out the middle class and keep us in a constant state of war.”

That message will resonate with many of the disenfranchised in our nation, as well as some who are tired of the entrenched Democratic and Republican machines.

Just this week, a USA TODAY/Suffolk University poll found Kennedy already had the support of 14 percent of voters who backed Biden in the 2020 election.

But on Dec. 12, 1974, when one-term Georgia Gov. Jimmy Carter announced his presidential run, he was nowhere near 14 percent in polling. Virtually no one in politics, the media, or academia took him seriously. Some famously laughed out loud with the idea of Carter ever winning the Democratic nomination, let alone the presidency — especially with a field of 16 other better-known Democratic candidates.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post

No, Jimmy Carter was a decent human being...this guy? Not so much.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Written by a Reagan/Bush political hack who sounds more like an RFK Jr PR man than someone who has any idea of the Carter candidacy. It is a worthless piece of drivel.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I don't care about his anti-vax views but I respect and admire his commitment to protecting the environment. His effort in helping to clean up Hudson River was quite impressive.

His father was a great man. RFK Senior would have made a good president. What a great president we were denied, thanks to a maniac who resented him because of his political views.

Initially I didn't watch the junior's candidacy announcement when it came out.

But When I decided to listen to him later, I was quite moved by his speech “My mission over the next 18 months of this campaign and throughout my presidency will be to end the corrupt merger of state and corporate power that is threatening now — threatening now — to impose a new kind of corporate feudalism in our country; to commoditize our children, our purple mountain’s majesty; to poison our children and our people with chemicals and pharmaceutical drugs; to strip-mine our assets; to hollow out the middle class and keep us in a constant state of war.”

He said exactly what many people who were dissatisfied with the Trump and Biden administrations wanted to hear.

The junior may not be half the person his father was but maybe he is the one who is worthy to inherit his father's legacy. Maybe he is the one we should elect to the presidency. Maybe I will vote for him in the primary.

He doesn't stand a chance and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a public office.

Robert Kennedy Jr's anti-vaccine group was banned from Facebook and Instagram for spreading misinformation. Here's a look at years of Kennedy's controversial claims.

https://www.business insider.com/big...nedy-jr-2022-8

I have modified the link so it shows, Just copy and remove the space between business and insider.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-24-2023 at 09:54 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I don't care about his anti-vax views but I respect and admire his commitment to protecting the environment. His effort in helping to clean up Hudson River was quite impressive.

His father was a great man. RFK Senior would have made a good president. What a great president we were denied, thanks to a maniac who resented him because of his political views.

Initially I didn't watch the junior's candidacy announcement when it came out.

But When I decided to listen to him later, I was quite moved by his speech “My mission over the next 18 months of this campaign and throughout my presidency will be to end the corrupt merger of state and corporate power that is threatening now — threatening now — to impose a new kind of corporate feudalism in our country; to commoditize our children, our purple mountain’s majesty; to poison our children and our people with chemicals and pharmaceutical drugs; to strip-mine our assets; to hollow out the middle class and keep us in a constant state of war.”

He said exactly what many people who were dissatisfied with the Trump and Biden administrations wanted to hear.

The junior may not be half the person his father was but maybe he is the one who is worthy to inherit his father's legacy. Maybe he is the one we should elect to the presidency. Maybe I will vote for him in the primary.
    Do you genuinely believe that someone who buys into such conspiracy theories is worth voting for? Doesn't that indicate real problems with his decision making?

Considering what you've already posted about the man do you not think there's a possibility that he's just saying what you want to hear?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It looks like CBR is editing out Business Insider in links, but it was the top result when I googled your broken link so if anyone wants to read it put that in. Here's another Two stories about why a conspiracy theorist of this level shouldn't be praised or voted for.

Zauriel, this is the guy you want to vote for President.

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/...2F100217855655

Robert F. Kennedy Jr

Fox fires @TuckerCarlson
    five days after he crosses the red line by acknowledging that the TV networks pushed a deadly and ineffective vaccine to please their Pharma advertisers. Carlson’s breathtakingly courageous April 19 monologue broke TV’s two biggest rules: Tucker told the truth about how greedy Pharma advertisers controlled TV news content and he lambasted obsequious newscasters for promoting jabs they knew to be lethal and worthless. For many years, Tucker has had the nation's biggest audience averaging 3.5 million — 10 times the size of CNN. Fox just demonstrated the terrifying power of Big Pharma.

Dalak,

I don't seriously believe that someone who buys into such conspiracy theories is worth voting for. But anyone who is serious about the environmental care and protection and the dangers of pollution is worth voting for. Even his family praised him for his efforts to clean up the Hudson River and his tireless advocacy against multinational organizations who have polluted our waterways and endangered many families. He has positively affected the lives of countless Americans. They called him one of the great champions of the environment.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ccines-226798/

Zauriel, this is the guy you want to vote for President.

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/...2F100217855655

Did you also read another of his tweets?

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/...C28Ymev-UtAAAA

https://www.kennedy24.com/rfk-jr-ear...age-to-america

Environmental protection binds us to our own humanity and to all of creation. The natural world connects us to the 10,000 generations of human beings who lived before us and ultimately connects us to God. God talks to human beings through many vectors: through each other, through organized religion, through the great books of those religions, through wise people, through art, music, literature, and poetry. But nowhere with such detail and grace, color, and joy as through creation. When we destroy a species, when we destroy a special place, we're diminishing our capacity to sense the divine, understand who God is, and what our own potential is as human beings.

On Earth Day 2023, I join the millions of people around the world celebrating our Earth, and I recommit to the solemn responsibility of caring for and defending the precious planet we call home.

Our sacred obligation as a civilization, a nation, a generation is to create communities for our children that provide them with the same opportunities for dignity and enrichment, prosperity, and good health as the communities that our parents gave us.

As President, I will tirelessly protect our environmental infrastructure: the air we breathe, the water we drink, our wildlife, the fisheries, and the public lands. Environmental stewardship will be a central goal of my Presidency, just as it has been for my entire life.

In 1961, when I was seven years old, I visited my uncle, President John F. Kennedy, in the Oval Office in the White House and presented him with a salamander to share my love and concern for the health of other species. It was that meeting that began my commitment to the environment.

When I started my career as an environmental attorney, I wanted to be in the trenches, engaging against the big polluters. I wanted to work with people who were not only most harmed by environmental injury, but who also were marginalized from the mainstream environmental community.

My first case as an environmental lawyer was representing the NAACP in a lawsuit against Ossining, New York, for trying to put a waste transfer station in the oldest Black neighborhood in the Hudson Valley. During that lawsuit, I learned that four out of every five toxic waste dumps in our country are in a Black neighborhood. The largest toxic waste dump in this country is Emelle, Alabama, which is 85% Black. The highest concentration of toxic waste dumps in this country is the south side of Chicago. The most contaminated zip code in California is East L.A. and at that time, 48% of Black youth had dangerous levels of lead in their blood, which led to dramatically reduced IQ, and also caused severe behavioral problems. What I learned from that case ignited a fire in me to spend the next 30 years fighting those kinds of issues.

In the early 2000s, I successfully sued the U.S. Navy to stop polluting one of the poorest communities in our country: the Black and Brown people who live on the island of Vieques, Puerto Rico, who are American citizens. I was even jailed for a summer in 2001 for protesting the actions of the U.S. Navy in Vieques.

For decades, I have worked alongside a blue-collar coalition of commercial and recreational fishermen on the Hudson River to reclaim the river from its polluters. The Hudson River is the oldest commercial fishery in North America. Yet, in 1966, the Penn Central Railroad began spilling oil from a pipe in the Croton-Harmon railyard. The oil went up the Hudson River on the tides. It blackened the beaches, and it made the fish taste like diesel so they couldn't be sold. The river even caught on fire, and turned colors, depending on what color they were painting the trucks at the Tarrytown GM plant. I joined forces with the community of Crotonville, New York, to monitor the river for illegal polluters. Over the next couple of decades, we brought more than 500 successful legal actions against Hudson River polluters. That model inspired the creation of the Waterkeepers Alliance. With more than 300 Waterkeepers in 47 countries, we're now the biggest water protection group in the world.

I have dedicated my life to protecting the precious resources of the Earth. Environmental stewardship will be a core objective of my Presidency. Environmental protection is critical to social and racial justice, to America’s economic prosperity, and to the survival of humanity.
    Last edited by Zauriel; 04-24-2023 at 04:18 PM.

Steve Bannon say RFK Jr would make a great running mate for Trump.

Dalak,

I don't seriously believe that someone who buys into such conspiracy theories is worth voting for. But anyone who is serious about the environmental care and protection and the dangers of pollution is worth voting for. Even his family praised him for his efforts to clean up the Hudson River and his tireless advocacy against multinational organizations who have polluted our waterways and endangered many families. He has positively affected the lives of countless Americans. They called him one of the great champions of the environment.
    You seem to answer one way then you contradict yourself, so I'm very confused. The fact that people who have done good things have gotten caught up in such pervasive conspiracy theories doesn't negate the good things they've done, but neither do those previous good things excuse becoming so caught up in a harmful conspiracy theory.

Alan Dershowitz did some very good things with the Innocence Project getting innocent people off of death row. Then he became a Trumper and started spewing vile garbage and supporting awful things. He needs to be judges on more than his previous good works.

Steve Bannon say RFK Jr would make a great running mate for Trump.
    There is no way, RFK Jr. would ally with an enemy of the environment.