Default Who can deal more damage?

Comic versions of everyone.

Assume there is an invincible crash test dummy out in a field somewhere. This dummy can either be locked in place or loose. Depends on the preference of the participants. Lets also assume that this dummy can give detailed readings about the amount of force, energy, damage, joules WHATEVER that its hit with.

Rank the following based on who does the most total damage after a 5 minute period:

Thing
    Colossus
    Human Torch
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Quicksilver
    Spider-man
    Iron Man
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I'd say...

Quicksilver - each hit is pretty light but he can deliver an ungodly number of them.

Iron Man - Tony can overload stuff, plus he can probably whip up a something that makes a nuke look gentle and quaint or some kind of air/satellite strike in 5 minutes.

Cyclops - GOML and leave it open.

Human Torch - nova flame for as long as possible.

Storm - keep up that 1.21 gigawatts, Marty.

Thing/Colossus

Spider-man - i don't know whether he should be above the bruisers or not. Many more punches, but much less force.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I'd say...

Quicksilver - each hit is pretty light but he can deliver an ungodly number of them.

Iron Man - Tony can overload stuff, plus he can probably whip up a something that makes a nuke look gentle and quaint or some kind of air/satellite strike in 5 minutes.

Cyclops - GOML and leave it open.

Human Torch - nova flame for as long as possible.

Storm - keep up that 1.21 gigawatts, Marty.

Thing/Colossus

Spider-man - i don't know whether he should be above the bruisers or not. Many more punches, but much less force.
    i'm sorry but how are you ranking these? great explanation but who's top to bottom tier? you saying Quicksilver brings more damage than IM, Torch, and Storm?
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

I’d personally think we can forget about Pietro, Scott or Spidey.

Storm I feel like is somewhere in the middle.

Ben can deliver shots that Hulk can feel. Not much more than ‘feel’, granted. But at least that. Assume Piotr’s in the same ballpark. That’s above what any of those listed above them can output in 5 minutes.

Johnny’s Nova blast is pretty ridiculous, and Iron Man’s damage output when he doesn’t need to conserve energy beyond 5 minutes is pretty insane.

So I think it’s one of Ben, Johnny, Piotr and Tony who is winning this.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Human Torch has an effect where he gets so hot, space-time/laws of physics break down. This would be the above-nova effect he used against Marquis of Death, unless that has been retconned or is otherwise not a Rumbles Board viable feat.

HumanTorchPlanck.jpg

The question as to what counts as "canon" these days is pretty much unfathomable to me, so whatever. But maybe Torch has done this on other occasions as well?
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 04-22-2023 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’d personally think we can forget about Pietro, Scott or Spidey.

Storm I feel like is somewhere in the middle.

Ben can deliver shots that Hulk can feel. Not much more than ‘feel’, granted. But at least that. Assume Piotr’s in the same ballpark. That’s above what any of those listed above them can output in 5 minutes.

Johnny’s Nova blast is pretty ridiculous, and Iron Man’s damage output when he doesn’t need to conserve energy beyond 5 minutes is pretty insane.

So I think it’s one of Ben, Johnny, Piotr and Tony who is winning this.
    I won't argue whether Colossus or Thing is stronger. For sake of argument, let's assume equal strength. The difference being Ben knows HOW to fight. He knows how and where to hit to cause more damage than Colossus does. So let's take Pete out of the equation.

While I'm not sure Torch's current status, it used to be that when he went Nova, it pretty much wiped him out. If that's still the case, then he's going to take himself out of the running. Sure he's going to do a lot of initial damage, but basically he just has that one shot.

So I say narrow it down to Stark and Grimm.

Human Torch has an effect where he gets so hot, space-time/laws of physics break down. This would be the above-nova effect he used against Marquis of Death, unless that has been retconned or is otherwise not a Rumbles Board viable feat.
    I tend to ignore anything dealing with the Marquis of Death. (And I still say that sounds less like a super villain than it does a Hammer Horror movie.)

The Marquis of Death has an effect where the laws of my giving a **** break down completely. That story was painful on so many levels.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Unless other examples where the Human Torch has accomplished something similar can be pointed to, I would treat what he did in that storyline an outlier. A Spidey vs Firelord with Johnny as Spidey and Space-Time as Firelord.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member