Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Sins of Sinister: Dominion #1 - Preview

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Let's gooooo Jon!!

Yes! I've been waiting for this! And way to go, Jon!

The art is gorgeous! I'm stoked for this.

I hate the current direction with Moira and what they've done to her character, but it's nice to know she still looks great in skintight outfits .

Damn. Jon unintentionally just f’ed the mutants of present day by letting Moira go
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Damn. Jon unintentionally just f’ed the mutants of present day by letting Moira go
    Rasputin may still take care of moira
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Yeah there's a lot of this issue to go. It feels like it's going to be a battle between all of the characters for the Moira clone and the magic thing MR has created. Based on the unlettered preview we got earlier with Mother Righteous I think Werneck is doing the back to present day sequences later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Rasputin may still take care of moira
    She might but i doubt whatever Rasputin does stops Moira from f’ing mutants over in the present. Orchis and Moira are def leaving this future with something that can be used against mutantkind
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's too simple, too easy...Enter Rasputin, Beast and Xavier to make it complicated and messy.

Still, my interest remains mildly piqued.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    She might but i doubt whatever Rasputin does stops Moira from f’ing mutants over in the present. Orchis and Moira are def leaving this future with something that can be used against mutantkind
    Do we know who Rasputin is working for at this point?

The damage from this could be more direct, Rasputin brings the information to the council and there is a fall out.

Orchis already appears to be setting up multiple angles of attack leading to the gala. The response in the council might cause some guard to be let down though.

Setting up Moira/Orchis would not be the end game that I think this set of writers is working towards.

As far as I am concerned cyborg Moira and Orchis are utter garbage….
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This looks really good. Sins of Sinister has been a fun story overall, a bit uneven at times but very tightly plotted and relatively fast-paced. I'm looking forward to a grand finale by Gillen & Werneck!

Incredible Member

From the original solicit: "A thousand years of hell and damnation comes to an end with the loudest scream in history".

Banshee's shot in the head in Nightcrawlers #3 might have been less terminal than it looked. The Before The Fall issue has him confused and looking for vengeance again. He's not been shown to be in any of the teased Fall Of X books yet, but he's been reasonably important, although as a hybrid, for the past year. Is he going to be on the main X-Men team after the Gala?

Fantastic Member

Since Destiny could even predict trajectory of Juggernaut for a thousand years, maybe it would be revealed in the end what Moira and Irene were actually working together all this time. What Destiny foresaw how Sinister would use Moira's clones to cheat and what the only way to stop it would be the magic "Heart" what Mother Righteous would create. But in order to get it, Moira needed to be depowered and act like she betrayed mutants to start the chain of the events that led to the SoS and the creation of the "Heart". Now with it Moira can upload her mind back into organic body (one of her clones), and use the "Heart" to somehow make all the other clones inert and impossible to create in the future so there could be ever only one Moira. Margali used magic to turn Nigthcrawler unclonable, so maybe the "Heart" is an upgraded version of it. And if Sinister can no longer cheat with Moira's clones, then he could be freely killed for his crimes and Moira and Irene becomes the heroes of mutankind. Probably the only way to revert them back from ax-crazy villains they were turned into in this era.