Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default The Worst District Attorney....Ever ?

We live in interesting times right now regarding the criminal justice system. With a move to really help ease the burden on folks convicted of non violent crimes. After years of throwing people in jail for smoking pot or not having fishing licenses. So that is a nice thing to see happening.

But sometimes , you can vote someone into office who really shouldn't be there. And given whats going on in Oakland , the current District Attorney Pamela Price seems....ok...this doesn't seem right at all. Anyhow the entire debacle began in March when she decided to work a plea deal out in the Delonzo Logwood case. Which the judge rejected.

https://sfstandard.com/criminal-just...rogressive-da/

Reflecting the progressive agenda of District Attorney Pamela Price and seized upon by critics calling for her ouster, the offer amounted to this: Prosecutors would drop three murder charges against Delonzo Logwood for the 2008 killings if he pleads no contest to a single charge of manslaughter.

Yes... a suspect who is possibly behind a triple murder is someone she floated a sweet heart deal. Price is coming under fire for basically wanting to give the 18 year old 15 years. But given that with good behavior ....Logwood could be out in 10 years or less. Its just insane to go , hey you possibly murdered 3 people , take this plea deal and serve 15 years ok. Because my office doesn't believe in prison time ok !

But what makes it more insane is Price is attacking the judge who rejected her plea deal. This judge was appointed by a Democrat a decade ago.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco...gwood-oakland/

Alameda County District Attorney Pamela Price called for McCannon to be disqualified from the case after he rejected a plea deal of 15 years for Logwood, who was 18 years old at the time of the killings. He faced 75 years to life if convicted under the original charges.

Following McCannon's decision, Price and defense attorneys on April 5 sought to remove McCannon from the case.

Price has also sought to disqualify McCannon from any case the district attorney's office prosecutes.

McCannon "overstepped his boundaries as a judicial officer and has created a firestorm of prejudicial comments that do not, in my view, serve justice," Price said in an April 5 video posted to social media.

From what is claimed , Price won't speak to news media over this insane fiasco either and instead issues a video on YouTube. Where she disabled comments so no one could speak up and question the idea of why she wants to again .... plea deal someone suspected of a triple murder.

I get wanting to help the justice system and help people who are thrown in there for some things as I started. But when your literally doing this , your basically making the system a mockery and hopefully common sense happens.

In one news clip one of the public defenders called her ideas to put this guy so quickly back on the street very dangerous because again...its a triple murderer suspect. Its not a kid who was drunk driving and caused an accidental death etc. Plus the idea to punish the judge for rejecting this nonsense is silly.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 04-20-2023 at 12:11 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

There is a guy in Florida who instructed his office to treat all plea deals with Hispanic suspects as if they had extensive criminal records , and actually wrote that crap down.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Pamela Price assumed office in January 2023

Pamela Price has been in office for only threee months and she is already worthy of the title "worst district attorney ever"?

There are bad district attorneys who had been in office longer than her.

See, I came to this thread and was expecting:

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The guy on perry mason that kept getting beat by Raymond burr week after week.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I thought for sure this would be about Kim Foxx. Not a District Attorney by title but basically the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I was watching a rerun of McMillan & Wife and laughed when he called out the DA for always being wrong.

Mighty Member

Was the SHAGGY DA any good at his job? If memory serves, he'd run off in the middle of trials to turn into a sheepdog...

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    William Tallman always claimed that Hamilton Burger never got beat on Perry Mason because the character was after justice rather than wins. I always thought that a clever spin for the actor to put on it.

Image.jpg

Burger was the worst D A ever, not because he always lost, but because he always charged an innocent person. How many innocent people did he send to the gas chamber who didn't have Perry Mason as a lawyer?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!