Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

This is an interesting thread, thanks for posting!

I'm generally the opposite, pretty much a full DC guy (Superman being the fave) and no Marvel since quite a long time ago. However, I have been wanting to dabble back in Marvel a bit, part of which is specifically due to PKJ. I've loved all the stuff he's put out between Action Comics, Last God, 007, and Aliens. I'll be following him over to the Incredible Hulk when that comes out.

I've also been wanting and starting to get back to X-Men, who I was always partial to. It's been so very long since I've read an X book though, it seems kind of intimidating to jump back in on that 'verse at the moment. I'll be getting the Storm mini but as for current timeline books I have no idea what's going on. Seems kinda convoluted. Plan was to start with the standard X-Men book and go from there. Seems like a decent enough jumping on point with the Fall of X stuff about to happen...

But yeah, I think if you've been exclusively reading one publisher or another, its sometimes hard to go back simply from a story standpoint because they can get pretty involved and complex, esp if you've been away for a while.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I'm a fan of both Marvel and DC. I've never been loyal to only one brand. I enjoy superheroes regardless where they come from and that gives me freedom to follow whatever I want. The hardest thing about Marvel or DC is when you take a break and wanna get back into it there's some homework to do and it can be tough. On Marvel's side I wanted to get back into X-Men for awhile but last I read it was Inhumans vs X-Men and a lot has changed since that. And on DC it's just confusing on what is canon anymore due to their reboots that I don't know if the old stories I've read still count to continuity. Regardless I follow both for the heroes I enjoy.