Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Priest wrote perfectly fine WW in #1
    So you are saying the editorial stopped Priest from spicing up that dusty greek mythology for Joe Lunchbox in Superman: Lost for once, and what means perfectly fine in detail, did she just not completely forgot that she is a very powerful and extremely fast superhero with bullet deflecting bracelets and nearly died to stray bullets that bounced off of Superman this time or was she actually good written?
    Last edited by Rightoya; 04-22-2023 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    So, six months into "Dawn of DC", and they decide to bring it to a screeching halt. Brilliant. This does not seem well thought out, and I know what passes for comics-related media these days won't ask the question, "why?". Also hilarious they solicted JSA #7 for July when there is no way that is happening. I'd be shocked if #5 and/or #6 come out in July.

Titans, 2 issues... 2 month break.
    Green Lantern, 2 issues... 2 month break.
    Green Arrow, 3 issues... 2 month break (?)
    Doom Patrol, 4 issues... 2 month break (?)
    Superman, Action, 6 issues... two month break.
    And let's not forget the Flash and Wonder Woman relaunches not coming until September because of this event.
    Superman will only be up to issue 5, it launched a month later than Action and #3 was the most recent issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    So you are saying the editorial stopped Priest from spicing up that dusty greek mythology for Joe Lunchbox in Superman: Lost for once, and what means perfectly fine in detail, did she just not completely forgot that she is a very powerful and extremely fast superhero with bullet deflecting bracelets and nearly died to stray bullets that bounced off of Superman this time or was she actually good written?
    I don't have the issue near me so can't quote anything, but JL was dealing with certain disaster and everyone, including WW, were portrayed as competent heroes. It wasn't something that WW's fans should check out, but it was fine with no wtf moments like in his JL run.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Burnham definitely needs it. Damning that DC had plenty of time to plan things out with Dark Crisis and Lazarus Planet, and they still couldn’t get it together. I’m reminded of how Adams getting GL was a last minute switch from Tamaki, or how they scrambled to replace Tynion on Batman with Zdarsky. Maybe they’re all just stretched too thin these days.
    I think they were caught off-guard with Tynion not wanting to continue with Batman.

And I still feel like DC pulled a fast one by making it sound like Williamson was going to be the ongoing Batman writer to replace Tynion and then turning around and announcing a few months later that Zdarsky was going to be the ongoing Batman writer. How much of Williamson's writing was originally expected to just fill a temporary vacancy?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

"Ugh, almost every main title interrupted by an event I have no interest in. DC never learns."
    in a word... yeah.
    That would be that Terrible Nights series, eh.
    Well, so far, for me:
    Sandman: Thessaly,
    Batman The Adventures Continue
    Static
    --more than I expected, but that is all.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't know about the whole slate, but from the ending of Batman vs. Robin and the subsequent announcement of their ongoing by Williamson, I really got the impression that Gunn's announcements might somehow influence their plans.
    I’m pretty sure Jon got knocked back down to a mini because of Gunn announcing he’s rebooting Clark, forcing DC to pivot back to Clark as the main Super. SOKE ending seemed to take Taylor by surprise since he was already hyping up the next issues of SOKE after Kal-El Returns. Probably means we will get a new Authority book once that film starts moving.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Feels weird when you remember that there was a time when DC was doing 3 weekly series at the same time: Worlds End, Futures End, Batman Eternal. And now they can't do a proper line launch.
    How big was the staff at the time???

And remember there was no Milestone active at the time and was the Black Label active at that time?

and I’d hate to see that fail because of DC’s stupidity.
    Is it DC really being stupid or is DC more concerned about Orders?

In other words as bad as the last two event many claim it was (I do not READ or bother with events for the record) how many copies got pre-ordered???
    Now looking at Dawn of DC lets take Cyborg and Vigil would books are FOC this Monday-are they going to SNIFF the number of copies that 2 month event is going get?

This doesn't hurt Superman or WW or Flash or Hal or Bat Jesus.
    This HURTS a Cyborg and Steel way more than those guys.

Lets say those book are good-we NOW have a 2 month gap-that gives OTHER companies a chance to steal those readers with something new. What if that person that bought Cyborg and now discovers say Creed at Boom and doesn't comeback for Cyborg issue 4-6? Especially that person on a budget.

WE all see this but does DC higher UPS see it? Especially if you got a book that puts out issue 1 in June and now we got to wait till September for issue 2?

The Steel book should have been out while Dorn was doing press for Picard season 3.

All this does is push trades back as well-which is an issue for me as a school employee. If a trade is not out by say September or taking preorders by Oct-we can't order it. And that is it till next school year.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I don't care about this event but some of the characters who got a shot are interesting:
    Ravager
    Hawkgirl
    Power Girl & Cyborg Superman

And there are also some book I'm in
    World's Finest Teen Titans
    Tales of the Titans
    Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent
    Superboy: Man of Tomorrow
    Steelworks
    Superman: The last days of Lex Luthor

Plenty of Supes books

Worlds finest teen titans without Mora is a pass for me.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Justice Society of America # 7 and Batman Beyond: Neo-Gothic # 1.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Justice Society of America # 7 and Batman Beyond: Neo-Gothic # 1.
    Though who knows when that will actually be released.
    August? September? Christmas?

I don't think I've seen DC introduce a forced crossover, when so many titles are just getting off the ground (Green Arrow, Green Lantern ect)

How are you supposed to get the momentum of a new title rolling when you interrupt its story arche for 2 months?

(Not too excited about a lot of the creative either. Cloonan & Conrad on Nightwing??? They just drove Batgirl and Wonder Woman sales into the ground. DC must be hiring people on the cheap these days.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Batman Beyond: Neo-Gothic #1
    Joker: One Operation Joker Vol. 1
    Batman Incorporated #10

Maybe:
    Batman Incorporated Vol. 1: No More Teachers
    Batman: Justice Buster Vol. 1
    Superman vs. Meshi Vol. 1
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)