Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I dont take JDW's opinions seriously, as shown all throughout this era writers are more than willing to do the opposite of whatever he thinks. Duggan especially has written Emma as a complicated hero and not a villain that JDW thought she was/is. His opinions are his alone and don't impact the stories we get from certain characters and I think that's a good thing to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean he's not wrong about Emma
    he's definitely wrong about Emma, like her being a x-man for almost 30 years proves it idk.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 04-24-2023 at 09:05 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I dont take JDW's opinions seriously, as shown all throughout this era writers are more than willing to do the opposite of whatever he thinks. Duggan especially has written Emma as a complicated hero and not a villain that JDW thought she was/is. His opinions are his alone and don't impact the stories we get from certain characters and I think that's a good thing to remember.

he's definitely wrong about Emma, like her being a x-man for almost 30 years proves it idk.
    I thought the editors could make the writers insert whatever they wanted? That's an over-simplification, but after stories like Spider-man's One More Day(in which Quesada was heavily involved), I thought editors could at least influence what goes on.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I thought the editors could make the writers insert whatever they wanted? That's an over-simplification, but after stories like Spider-man's One More Day(in which Quesada was heavily involved), I thought editors could at least influence what goes on.
    Frankly I wonder what Editorial actually even DOES all day, considering the complete and utter lack of consistency of characterization.

Disagree with his Magneto/Emma assessment.

Agree with his Madelyne assessment.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah the Madelyne comment gave me the ick. I get he was trying to establish that he’s an unbiased editor by dropping an extreme take, but how do you feel comfortable saying that in a well publicized interview? It wasn’t even, “I think Maddie is wrong for her extreme reaction to her circumstances,” it was, “this characters plight and tragedy mean nothing to me so I side with the people who treated her horribly because she’s ‘not real’”
    I mean, it certainly explains his lack of respect for Polaris and the things she's gone through.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

But he also isn’t so wrong about Madelyne. She could exist only because she got piece of Jean’s soul with phoenix spark. Also let’s not pretend she’s only a victim. After all she rapped Scott by pretending to be Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah the Madelyne comment gave me the ick. I get he was trying to establish that he’s an unbiased editor by dropping an extreme take, but how do you feel comfortable saying that in a well publicized interview? It wasn’t even, “I think Maddie is wrong for her extreme reaction to her circumstances,” it was, “this characters plight and tragedy mean nothing to me so I side with the people who treated her horribly because she’s ‘not real’”
    None of the characters are real, especially not to the people overseeing them and know how the sausage is made.

And his take seems reasonable enough, you could make a good case for Madelyne being just another Jean (clone) and not an independent character.
    Others can just as well disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    None of the characters are real, especially not to the people overseeing them and know how the sausage is made.

And his take seems reasonable enough, you could make a good case for Madelyne being just another Jean (clone) and not an independent character.
    Others can just as well disagree with that.
    Hi Jordan White!
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I mean, it certainly explains his lack of respect for Polaris and the things she's gone through.
    I just knew that you would find a way to take that statement about Madelyne and make it mean something about how everyone at Marvel hates Polaris.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Hi Jordan White!
    LOL! That was good. You all are making me laugh a lot today this is great.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    But he also isn’t so wrong about Madelyne. She could exist only because she got piece of Jean’s soul with phoenix spark. Also let’s not pretend she’s only a victim. After all she rapped Scott by pretending to be Emma.
    So, it wasn't Madelyne Prior who did that. It was the Red Queen, which was an AU Jean Grey

This Red Queen:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jean_Grey_(Earth-9575)

So when you're reading Uncanny X-men Sisterhood arc we have to pay attention to important things pointing it out. First thing saying that is in Uncanny X-men 509 where the Red Queen says "there have been but two humans gifted enough to contain power as great as mine. My first host was destroyed irrevocably", here she's referring to the actual Madelyne, that died in X-man.

Then in Uncanny 511, on the first page where Cyclops says "Maddie's a ghost. No -- She's NOT MADDIE. She's the RED QUEEN. She's a psychic ghost or something"

Later the Red Queen says "Madelyne Prior never loved you (cyclops)". Pay attention, she's saying this in the third person.

Point is, the Red Queen raped cyke, not Madelyne.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Frankly I wonder what Editorial actually even DOES all day, considering the complete and utter lack of consistency of characterization.
    How dare you. He’s a busy, forward-thinking man, working tirelessly to remind you that Kitty is Kate, and now that she’s a cool pirate— wait, sorry— (spins wheel) —a cool ninja, again, she’ll finally become the next MCU fan darling she always deserved to be when Feige uses the current books as inspo for Phase Twelve, or something. Don’t believe him? Don’t worry, he only has the rest of his tenure to convince you.

These interviews have done nothing but over inflate JDW’s already inflated ego. Like, we want to hear from the creators, not the pencil pushers.