Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MJ and BC #5

Astonishing Member

I'm worried about what happened here. I mean, if the Soulsword bonded with Felicia AND Mary Jane, could this mean these two are now BONDED to each other? I mean, like having their souls connected or something.

has the sword ever bonded previous users to one another before? if not then Mj and Felicia shouldnt be the exception
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    has the sword ever bonded previous users to one another before? if not then Mj and Felicia shouldnt be the exception
    It should be the exception because their case have been different. I mean, the Soulsword is bonded to one wielder at the time, but Felicia and Mary Jane did something unprecedented here. They split the Soulsword into two, which made it to have TWO users at the same time. That never happened before, so the result obviously has to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It should be the exception because their case have been different. I mean, the Soulsword is bonded to one wielder at the time, but Felicia and Mary Jane did something unprecedented here. They split the Soulsword into two, which made it to have TWO users at the same time. That never happened before, so the result obviously has to be different.
    but they gave the sword back to S'ym so that connection should be turn off

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

but they gave the sword back to S'ym so that connection should be turn off
    Didn't they say at the previous issue that the only way for a person to bond with a Soulsword that is being carried by someone else is if that person kills that someone else?

Besides, now that Belasco has Felicia AND MJ in mind for revenge, that's something to get worried.

Also, the names Felicia were given to MJ during the fight: "Red Cat", "Scarlet Cat", "Crimson Cat"... Was that just a joke or they were giving us spoilers in a hidden way?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Didn't they say at the previous issue that the only way for a person to bond with a Soulsword that is being carried by someone else is if that person kills that someone else?

Besides, now that Belasco has Felicia AND MJ in mind for revenge, that's something to get worried.

Also, the names Felicia were given to MJ during the fight: "Red Cat", "Scarlet Cat", "Crimson Cat"... Was that just a joke or they were giving us spoilers in a hidden way?
    She's a redhead, and she borrowed Felicia's Black Cat suit back in the MJ/Black Cat Beyond one-shot. That's probably what Felicia was referencing. Beyond that . . . who knows?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    She's a redhead, and she borrowed Felicia's Black Cat suit back in the MJ/Black Cat Beyond one-shot. That's probably what Felicia was referencing. Beyond that . . . who knows?
    Yes, I know that. Do you have any idea how many years waited to see something like that happening?

Also, there's the picture from Timeless about what appears to be a female in black, wearing a belt with a 777. Something is fishy around here...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yes, I know that. Do you have any idea how many years waited to see something like that happening?

Also, there's the picture from Timeless about what appears to be a female in black, wearing a belt with a 777. Something is fishy around here...
    Maybe very fishy, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe very fishy, yeah.
    Yo know something else, although the idea of Mary Jane dying scares me and I can't deny it may happen (which, in that case, it would be better for Wells to not appear in public for a while), I think there are two other candidates for that: Felicia and Aunt May. I mean, in the anniversary of Gwen Stacy's death, who else could die but the current love interest of Spider-Man? Personally, I don't want anyone to die, but Marvel is getting on my nerves.

I hope the FCBD issues will give us some good spoilers about what's comming, and we don't have bad surprises.

Yo know something else, although the idea of Mary Jane dying scares me and I can't deny it may happen (which, in that case, it would be better for Wells to not appear in public for a while), I think there are two other candidates for that: Felicia and Aunt May. I mean, in the anniversary of Gwen Stacy's death, who else could die but the current love interest of Spider-Man? Personally, I don't want anyone to die, but Marvel is getting on my nerves.

I hope the FCBD issues will give us some good spoilers about what's comming, and we don't have bad surprises.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/when...k-day-spoiler/
    no mentions of mj

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Nope, just Peter on Gorilla violence.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Our best bet is waiting and hoping someone will leak something

You mean this?

Not gonna lie, I really don't care for superhero MJ, especially given current circumstances. Was that the whole point of bringing in that family, to inspire her to become a hero? Instead of due to the fact that she was with a hero for 50 years.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-02-2023 at 04:19 PM.

Well, we know the whole thing ended up being a watch and not a belt, and said watch's effect was digital and not analog, though I guess that was up to artist interpretation.

But frankly I have a hard time seeing them making MJ becoming a Superhero seem compelling when her debut with "powers" wasn't received well, fans hate the direction with her in ASM, and it'll be hard to come up with a hook that makes up for all that.

My problem is it's just a dumb gimmick that, as others said before, serves no other purpose than to try to keep supporting characters they don't know what to do with relevant. Same thing when they made Betty Ross the Red She-Hulk or I'm still no fan of Jane Thor who they turned into Valkyrie next since after Thor came back there was no point to keep her around as Thor. I get that Carol Danvers started out as a hero's love interest too but she's a very rare example of a character who actually ended up going places after becoming a superhero. This whole superhero MJ thing feels like the next tired gimmick since they want to try to cash in on her popularity as the most well known love interest of their flagship character and yet they have no clue what to do with her other than the garbage they're currently doing in ASM. So let's just give her "powers" and a costume this time even though she never needed a gimmick like that to stand out before. This is the "house of ideas" right there.

This was clearly one of the reasons they trapped her in that hellscape as well, to say that she's this hardened survivor who can now take on bad guys that she couldn't before. It's an outright parody.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-02-2023 at 05:41 PM.