Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Well, well, well, what a surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    Well, well, well, what a surprise!
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-13-2024 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I always wonder what Batman and/or Nightwing's contingency plan is for Raven. I remember Raven has a collection of artifacts that can specifically not just counter but also could end her life during Judd Winick's run on the Titans. So far we have seen Dick's contingency plans for Starfire with the Armour, his plans for Wally and Donna (the latter does not have a specific weakness) would be similar to Batman's plan for Barry and Diana also Dick has mentioned to Donna that Starfire has her countermeasure file and Dick's counter for Vic would most likely be either fourth world tech or hacking his system (Tom Taylor written that weakness for him in the Injustice comic book tie-in series and DcCeased).
    Bats has a problem there. In the low odds event he takes down Raven he has a larger problem to deal with and probably isn’t amoral enough to redirect responsibility like Constantine.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-13-2024 at 06:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

Ya know, the last time we saw Trigon, Bizarro killed him with minimal difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Ya know, the last time we saw Trigon, Bizarro killed him with minimal difficulty.
    No last time he showed up he was playing tag along.

If your point is his appearances the past decade or two have had power inconsistency? Yah.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-13-2024 at 07:13 PM.

Who cares, bad writing is not supposed to be taken seriously, anyways.

Remember when Catwoman one shot, not one, not two but three speedsters in a single page?
    Or when Red Hood one shot Lady Shiva? Or when Harley Quinn beated the Trinity by herself?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Who cares, bad writing is not supposed to be taken seriously, anyways.

Remember when Catwoman one shot, not one, not two but three speedsters in a single page?
    Or when Red Hood one shot Lady Shiva? Or when Harley Quinn beated the Trinity by herself?
    I'm not saying it wasn't stupid.

If that is true, that is beyond stupid af. A true SMH Moment for the ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    If that is true, that is beyond stupid af. A true SMH Moment for the ages.
    It was Scott Lobdell. He tried to change up some of the background basis of Trigon and his children for that matter. He had a thing for tearing out hearts too. He had Trigon’s heart ripped out and one of his sons.

It would have been more helpful to think of Trigon as a cosmic being whose body is just a solid manifestation of himself he wills into existence.

Trigon looking kind of handsome there.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Bats has a problem there. In the low odds event he takes down Raven he has a larger problem to deal with and probably isn’t amoral enough to redirect responsibility like Constantine.

I remember Batman brought Constantine, Klarion, and Dr. Occult/Rose Psychic to defeat and capture Raven since Batman does not have a specialty in the occult. Maybe Batman and/or Nightwing could go for an alternative method in incapticating Raven like creating a gadget or concoction to mess up with her psychic abilities and overloading her in the process or research cambion physiology?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I remember Batman brought Constantine, Klarion, and Dr. Occult/Rose Psychic to defeat and capture Raven since Batman does not have a specialty in the occult. Maybe Batman and/or Nightwing could go for an alternative method in incapticating Raven like creating a gadget or concoction to mess up with her psychic abilities and overloading her in the process or research cambion physiology?
    It would follow that if there was something that bugged demons, it might also bug Raven to a lesser extent (or even more so when she's feeling all demon-y). Something like holy water or silver or cold iron or some saintly relic-imbued blade hidden in the Vatican basement or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would follow that if there was something that bugged demons, it might also bug Raven to a lesser extent (or even more so when she's feeling all demon-y). Something like holy water or silver or cold iron or some saintly relic-imbued blade hidden in the Vatican basement or something.
    Christian demons are servents of Lucifer, reside in hell, and have a lot of features that frankly don’t mix with the background of Trigon. Some writers to varying degrees mixed him up into Christian concepts.

The concept of demons far precedes Christianity. In Ancient Mesopotamia demons referred to giants sent down by the gods to destroy everything, but to also preserve parts of humanity by mating with human woman and creating hybrid man-gods like Gilgamesh.

Most historic versions of demons were amoral in that they are neither good nor evil.

Link

Trigon as a character in his background was half very old school demon and half Galactus like character from another universe.

The DC universe has Lucifer, hell and more Christian based demon concept characters around then Raven or Trigon.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-15-2024 at 12:12 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I actually quite agree with this. I've never seen Trigon as a Hell related demon and wish that he would not be related to such, but rather a other dimensional being. It gives both him and Raven potentially more depth and backstory than just another creature of Hell. Does he rule his world? Is he one of the rulers? Is there some being over him? There's so much more that could be explored with him than has been.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would also add pentagrams for demons since they can bind, imprison, and nullify demons' abilities. What's interesting and most likely difficult is that Raven is half-demon so demonic weakness would either dampen, dilute or be practically immune since it only works for full demons and if she is not giving to her infernal power.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I actually quite agree with this. I've never seen Trigon as a Hell related demon and wish that he would not be related to such, but rather a other dimensional being. It gives both him and Raven potentially more depth and backstory than just another creature of Hell. Does he rule his world? Is he one of the rulers? Is there some being over him? There's so much more that could be explored with him than has been.
    I remember that in NTT Trigon is less of a demon because of his appearance described as demonic. It could work as a Galactus type of thing that anyone who looks at Trigon visually sees him as a satanic being and his true form could be unknown to everyone including Raven. The NTT version of Raven seems less of a Cambion and more of a demi-goddess of eldritch origins.