Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    No one argued for her to be a superman equivalent. Look at the other posts. Most people want a Kryptonian on the team for them to be league worthy.
    I don't think they need a Kryptonian, but I think if the current team is supposed to be standing in for the JL, they should only take new members that are "league worthy" (and belong roughly into their age group).

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They can hold their own without a Kryptonian. But It's also not a bad idea to upgrade some characters from time to time. Superman is probably the strongest being in the DC universe and they keep adding new powers to him.

And Kory may not be that strong physicaly, but her powers are no joke.

I remember during Winnick's Outsiders that Nightwing urged Kory to stop holding back and then warned everybody to get the hell out of the field cause she was about to fry Brainiac's ship, and she did.
    Ya, Starfire is like Human Torch with Amazon level strength. She is a power house.

Honestly Titans aren't really lacking in power, their powers are just not the conventional JL make up besides for Dick, Wally, and Donna. Thats a good thing. We don't want the Titans to be a copy of the JL. Dick, Wally, and Donna are Batman, Flash, and Wonder Woman contemporaries. While Cyborg was upgraded to be on the JL, Raven is a half Darkseid level demon empath with the deus ex machina that is magic, and now even Beast Boy is coming into his own power scale wise. But even still had tons of utility. They just haven't been treated like they should be power wise over the years.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-27-2023 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, Starfire is like Human Torch with Amazon level strength. She is a power house.

Honestly Titans aren't really lacking in power, they just not the conventional JL make up besides for Dick, Wally, and Donna. Thats a good thing. We don't want the Titans to be a copy of the JL. Dick, Wally, and Donna are Batman, Flash, and Wonder Woman contemporaries. While Cyborg was upgraded to be on the JL, Raven is a half Darkseid level demon empath with the deus ex machina that is magic, and now even Beast Boy is coming into his own power scale wise. But even still had tons of utility. They just haven't been treated like they should be power wise over the years.
    Yeah, and Dick and Donna are the next best thing after Batman and Wonder Woman as they both were Batman and Wonder Woman for a short time (Dick more than Donna). Wally is the fastest man in the multiverse, he is THE Flash in terms of power (Not many characters can scale with him in terms of feats, he is as overpowered as Superman if the writer want him to be).
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Default Titans #5

I've really been enjoying this series. It was... nice to see the Titans replant a forest. It's the kind of thing the Justice League probably doesn't do, because they're so busy all the time. The JLA is kind of like a bowling team that fights bad guys, when they're not on the team they're back in their regular books busy with other adventures. The Titans are like a family, and in this run they're living together in the Tower. There's time and space to bounce ideas off their friends like replanting Borneo, and everybody responds by chipping in with their own contribution.

And now the new Swamp Thing is an associate member, just before the big crossover. Could he have a part to play in Beast World?

Extraordinary Member

Hoping for a solid build-up and climax, if nothing else...

Astonishing Member

I know the data isn't as available as it used to be, and was always a bit spotty... But do we have a general vibe as to how this run is selling?

Extraordinary Member

Honestly Titans aren't really lacking in power, their powers are just not the conventional JL make up besides for Dick, Wally, and Donna. Thats a good thing. We don't want the Titans to be a copy of the JL. Dick, Wally, and Donna are Batman, Flash, and Wonder Woman contemporaries. While Cyborg was upgraded to be on the JL, Raven is a half Darkseid level demon empath with the deus ex machina that is magic, and now even Beast Boy is coming into his own power scale wise. But even still had tons of utility. They just haven't been treated like they should be power wise over the years.
    I’d argue they are more powerful then the typical seven

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I’d argue they are more powerful then the typical seven
    Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I know the data isn't as available as it used to be, and was always a bit spotty... But do we have a general vibe as to how this run is selling?
    The only data we have is ICv2 and it was doing well by their metrics: https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...s-january-2024
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Superman.
    I meant as a whole

Also

Raven

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Amusingly due to recent events Raven should be docked a bunch of points just for sheer unreliability due to how many times her evil self is a problem.

She's as big a danger to her teammates as Batman is to his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Amusingly due to recent events Raven should be docked a bunch of points just for sheer unreliability due to how many times her evil self is a problem.

She's as big a danger to her teammates as Batman is to his crew.
    Speaking of Bats he has a distinct lack of trust in his Robins around her.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-12-2024 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Speaking of Bats he has a distinct lack of trust in his Robins around her.

I always wonder what Batman and/or Nightwing's contingency plan is for Raven. I remember Raven has a collection of artifacts that can specifically not just counter but also could end her life during Judd Winick's run on the Titans. So far we have seen Dick's contingency plans for Starfire with the Armour, his plans for Wally and Donna (the latter does not have a specific weakness) would be similar to Batman's plan for Barry and Diana also Dick has mentioned to Donna that Starfire has her countermeasure file and Dick's counter for Vic would most likely be either fourth world tech or hacking his system (Tom Taylor written that weakness for him in the Injustice comic book tie-in series and DcCeased).

Astonishing Member

Considering Batman did use his money to buy magical Wonder Woman kryptonite, I wouldn't be so sure about Donna not having a specific weakness.