Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Not really excited for a Titans version of Amazo.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Cambions and Eldritch demigods are half-mortals with abilities originating from their heritage but one is demonic (Cambions) and the other is Eldritch that is rooted in the dark side of the cosmos (Cthulhu, Yog-Soggoth, etc.)

Demons are infernal beings that originated in Hell or Heaven before they were demoted as they were once angels and part of Humanity and Human's beliefs. Eldritch beings exist outside human comprehension or they appear otherworldy in an alien sense are not part of any of Earth's mythology and originated in other dimensions.
    There is little to no difference in how demons and eldritch gods/entities are portrayed in fiction. Even in the NTT era, Trigon was very much like a demon in the Judeo-Christian mold.

Tom Taylor interview (it was published yesterday, but it contains spoilers for today's issue so I think it went up early).

He mentions that spoilers:
    The Quintessence
    end of spoilers will show up, that Tempest will have an increased role in the book and that the events of Spurrier's Flash will affect the book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    Tom Taylor interview (it was published yesterday, but it contains spoilers for today's issue so I think it went up early).

The Quintessence
    end of spoilers will show up, that Tempest will have an increased role in the book and that the events of Spurrier's Flash will affect the book.
    When did they come back? I thought they were killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not really excited for a Titans version of Amazo.
    Personally I'm way more excited for that than seeing a watered down version of Trigon yet again. Or just even having the whole evil Raven vs Trigon story play out for the billionth time. At least a Titans Amazo is new to the Titans and visually looks very different than Amazo.

The Quintessence
    Pretty cool that Tom brought them back although not the same as the one in Future State they did have a role in one of the Future State books. I doubt it because of his push being dwindled but I wonder if spoilers:
    Black Adam Year One Million
    end of spoilers shows up to stop spoilers:
    Raven
    end of spoilers becoming the spoilers:
    Unkindness
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Personally I'm way more excited for that than seeing a watered down version of Trigon yet again. Or just even having the whole evil Raven vs Trigon story play out for the billionth time. At least a Titans Amazo is new to the Titans and visually looks very different than Amazo.

I like that the female version of Amazon looks like a Tamaranean Cyborg but still has Amazo's elf-like ears and red eyes. It would be interesting if that version of Amazo could do sorcery by analyzing Raven's abilities since it is an android. IIRC Amazo once copy Zatanna's magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There is little to no difference in how demons and eldritch gods/entities are portrayed in fiction.
    There is a difference between them. Demons originate from Hell and can be understood because of myths, religions, and lores while Eldritch beings are cosmic creatures of horror that originate from other dimensions/planes and cannot be fully understood demons and eldritch beings sometimes operate similarly when it comes to bargains or deals but they are not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Even in the NTT era, Trigon was very much like a demon in the Judeo-Christian mold.
    While he does look like an archetypal demon with red skins and horns he did not originate from Hell in the NTT, it is a form that he has chosen himself. He was a mesh of all negative emotions from Azarathians when they purged those emotions which gave him form and shape.
    Last edited by Incognito; 02-20-2024 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I got the feeling that Marv does not know what to do with Raven and at that time wanted her to stay fully dead, also he wanted Kory and Dick to get married but the Batman editors declined him so he probably turned Raven's evil and ruined her wedding.

I always thought that she (Trigon, Sons of Trigon, and the Church of Blood) would be a great acquisition,for Justice League Dark. It would benefit her to be more involved in the mystical side of the universe by meeting characters such as Constantine, Zatanna, Etrigan, etc. Another character that worked was Wonder Woman, who has joined JLD in recent years and it did well for her I liked that she felt out of place with them because she is not used to the dark and horror side of the magic and she has always been in her corner by fighting Gods and has to rely on power, martial skill and divine weapons but when she was in a team with someone like Zatanna she needs more than that and she does not know what she is doing because her world is different from them and it requires cost and sacrifices. Unlike WW, I don't think Raven will feel out of place she would feel quite at home with all the dark and horror elements of magic.

I would like to see Raven interact with Constantinee due to his history with her father, Etrigan due to their blood connection, Dr. Fate due to her being the dark counterpart by wearing the helm of hate, and Zatanna because she was the one who denied her request because she senses evil in her.
    Didn't Wolfman add Raven to Night Force in her last mini?

The Quintessence
    The latest Flash solicit namechecks Linda and Barry, but not Wally, so I wonder if something happens to him, which would enforce a temporary absence from Titans? That would explain him not being on either of the covers for that month's Titans as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    When did they come back? I thought they were killed off.
    They returned in Death of the JL (as possessed by The Great Darkness). I'm not sure it was ever explained.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A very enjoyable first issue to the new arc. I LOVE Nicola Scott's art but Segovia's art just transcended this book into a whole new stratosphere for me. I truly hope he's the new ongoing artist or at least for the entirety of this arc.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    A very enjoyable first issue to the new arc. I LOVE Nicola Scott's art but Segovia's art just transcended this book into a whole new stratosphere for me. I truly hope he's the new ongoing artist or at least for the entirety of this arc.
    What??? Kkk

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Lucas Meyer is the new ongoing artist.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Love Meyer!

I don't think anyone wants to see another Trigon story where he's trying to conquer the universe. Something on a smaller, more subtle scale may be interesting.

Latest issue felt "been there, done that" for me.

The Quintessence
    Yay to more Garth.

So he'll acknowledge what's going on with Wally in his solo book but nothing to do with one of Wally's closest friends dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    The design just doesn't really "wow" me.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The latest Flash solicit namechecks Linda and Barry, but not Wally, so I wonder if something happens to him, which would enforce a temporary absence from Titans? That would explain him not being on either of the covers for that month's Titans as well.
    Oh yeah that makes sense. Flash is readying Wally exploring the other dimensions he's discovered so chances are its going to be something that might keep him gone from Earth for a while.