Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    This is so random. There are so many Titans members that haven't seen the light of the day in god knows how many years and this is the character he decided to recruit? Oh well I guess I should have expected it.
    Swamp Thing is the last character I'd pick for a Titans team, no offense to his fans. There are a bunch of characters from within the franchise that would fit the role of full or part time member.

I thought people wanted new members and heavy hitters.

Swamp Thing is from a whole diferent corner of the DCU, which is not what most would expect (or want, IMO) for a team like the Titans.
    I'm not totally against it, but I kind of doubt Taylor can write him with any substance. He'll be there so they can say they're environmentally conscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I thought people wanted new members and heavy hitters.
    I'm pretty sure people are referring to Titans characters we haven't seen in years when they are talking about "new" members.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I'm pretty sure people are referring to Titans characters we haven't seen in years when they are talking about "new" members.
    Then why is ex-JL members many people seem to ask for.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-21-2023 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Then why is ex-JL members many people seem to ask for.
    You have to be more specific because I'm pretty sure almost all DC heroes have been part of a JL variation at this point.

The answer to the mystery for who would be able to shoot at the Flash was a good one and i'm glad that Nightwing was on it from the start.

But this is the first time i'm on board with the complaints about the Titans not doing something worthy of DC's main team. A whole issue of them doing reforestation is not what i was looking for. But thankfully Beast World is right around the corner.

Not against Swamp Thing being part of the team, i actually like it. People complained that this was the most "safe" line-up of the Titans, but when we get a new member for real for real, people complain again. The Titans should be able to get new members.

But it is what it is... some people here will complain no matter what, i know exactly who will enjoy the Titans event and who won't.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Ar this point I need to accept that I have no idea what people are lookin for a in book, cause to me this issue was fantastic. The Titans are shown here as capable, dynamic and different from the league without beating us over the head with it. And the threat that seemed so small for the new defenders of the earth is revealed to be a smaller part of a larger universe spanning threat. There’s stakes, great characterization, Nightwing being so competent I had to open my window, fantastic art, new members that fit with this new team. Just great stuff

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Swamp Thing is from a whole diferent corner of the DCU, which is not what most would expect (or want, IMO) for a team like the Titans.
    I'm not totally against it, but I kind of doubt Taylor can write him with any substance. He'll be there so they can say they're environmentally conscious.
    But a justice league like team would typically be best made from character of all corners of DC

Swamp Thing is a A list character. It’s huge him joining the DCU. He’s arguably bigger character than everyone in the team sans Nightwing and Flash . Swamp Thing has theatrical film coming up. I’d want to be around a character getting that kind of spotlight. Even if he’s just a part time member this is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The answer to the mystery for who would be able to shoot at the Flash was a good one and i'm glad that Nightwing was on it from the start.

But this is the first time i'm on board with the complaints about the Titans not doing something worthy of DC's main team. A whole issue of them doing reforestation is not what i was looking for. But thankfully Beast World is right around the corner.

Not against Swamp Thing being part of the team, i actually like it. People complained that this was the most "safe" line-up of the Titans, but when we get a new member for real for real, people complain again. The Titans should be able to get new members.

But it is what it is... some people here will complain no matter what, i know exactly who will enjoy the Titans event and who won't.
    I would've rather had Argent or Pantha.

The Titans don't really need Swamp Thing. Maybe if I felt like Taylor could actually mine what it is that makes Swamp Thing interesting, but I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But a justice league like team would typically be best made from character of all corners of DC

Swamp Thing is a A list character. It’s huge him joining the DCU. He’s arguably bigger character than everyone in the team sans Nightwing and Flash . Swamp Thing has theatrical film coming up. I’d want to be around a character getting that kind of spotlight. Even if he’s just a part time member this is incredible.
    Thank you. Especially with the global remit they have it just works. Plus with Gar you have a fellow nature Avatar and Tempest to rep the oceans when he comes around. I’m glad we’re just just getting former Titans too, lets get some new faces indicative of this broader scope.

I’m just glad to see Levi again after his series and Dark Crisis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would've rather had Argent or Pantha.

The Titans don't really need Swamp Thing. Maybe if I felt like Taylor could actually mine what it is that makes Swamp Thing interesting, but I don't.
    So, the Titans don't need Swamp Thing, but they need Pantha?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Well, yeah, I would rather spotlight another Titan than a general DCU character who I don't think fits with the team roster and could use more development/spotlight (although I guess this is technically a new version of Swamp Thing that has appeared sporadically since his solo ended).

Although it doesn't seem like he's a full member so there's a chance Taylor will probably not do much with him anyways outside of action set pieces.

Extraordinary Member

As they attempt to fight threats to the environment

Besides panther just had a baby she not in the game.

Also do starfire and swamp thing have chemistry?