Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Glad to see Tempest in the mix. Hopefully he sticks around full-time.
    I have a really bad feeling that it will be Garth who "dies" in #2

And about Raven's appearance, it's sad, because Nicola Scott is able to draw a great Raven!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm very hyped for this, I've been enjoying Tom Taylor's Nightwing and have high hopes for this book. Nicola Scott's art looks as gorgeous as ever here but yeah, Raven really doesn't look like Raven here. I'm fine with characters getting new hairstyles but they should at least be recognizable.
    Yeah, Garfield would look pretty dated now if he still had his 1980s hair (the same is not true of Raven, as she just had long hair back then, which is always in fashion it seems). But this look does seem out of character. The only other time it's been this short I think would be when she was reintroduced in the 2003 Teen Titans book. She'd been captured and shaved, so she had a pixie cut for a while there. But that time it was her natural black colour.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35;6447854[B
    ]I have a really bad feeling that it will be Garth who "dies" in #2
    [/B]

And about Raven's appearance, it's sad, because Nicola Scott is able to draw a great Raven!

I think that might be answered in one of the preview pages that has been released....

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

I hope that you're wrong about Garth dying. The killings of the Fab 5 are overdone and irritating. All of them have been killed one time or another with the exception of Nightwing I believe. If one of the Titans has to go, give Cyborg(I know unlikely with him now having a book), Raven, or Starfire.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Seems like Garth isn't thrilled to have been left out. Again.

Poor guy. Nobody ever remembers him. I actually forgot about him too.

We'll see how this goes. I'm hoping it's good, DC seems to be putting some effort into it, but it's another reunion and history has proven that those don't work. Maybe this time will be different, but I'm not betting money on that. Especially with the League returning for that horror event, or whatever it is. They're back, it seems, before the Titans have even had a chance to "replace" them, and the whole premise of this run is dead on arrival.....

But who knows, maybe *this* time it'll be good.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I think that might be answered in one of the preview pages that has been released....

I'm curious, what pages are you talking about? Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh so Raven and Gar are a thing here

The short red hair is weird though
    They've been a couple since Teen Titans Academy, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Oh no, it's at least not involving Wonder Woman again, but he should be also not anywhere near Donna Troy.
    He seems to like Donna more than Diana, at any rate.

This looks much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Seems like Garth isn't thrilled to have been left out. Again.

Poor guy. Nobody ever remembers him. I actually forgot about him too.

We'll see how this goes. I'm hoping it's good, DC seems to be putting some effort into it, but it's another reunion and history has proven that those don't work. Maybe this time will be different, but I'm not betting money on that. Especially with the League returning for that horror event, or whatever it is. They're back, it seems, before the Titans have even had a chance to "replace" them, and the whole premise of this run is dead on arrival.....

But who knows, maybe *this* time it'll be good.
    Garth will be in Waid's Titans book, and I know Waid likes him enough. He even did a Brave and the Bold story where he was the emotional center.
    I'm curious, what pages are you talking about? Link?
    spoilers:
    In the full interview on CBR there's a page that makes it look like Wally's been shot.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Wally ain't dying.

They never reverted Gar's Ears. I dunno about him and Raven's ages.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Wally ain't dying.

They never reverted Gar's Ears. I dunno about him and Raven's ages.
    Yeah with Wally being the star of Spurrier/Deodato's Flash book, it wouldn't be much of a murder mystery if he was the victim.

They're obviously hinting at Tempest here since he isn't technically part of the team, but that could be misdirection. If I were Taylor I would probably go with someone who doesn't have a solo book and who hasn't "died" for shock value before so.... Kory?

Extraordinary Member

Titans #1 Preview (Lettered)
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Nicola Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Garth will be in Waid's Titans book, and I know Waid likes him enough. He even did a Brave and the Bold story where he was the emotional center.
    Glad to hear Waid's a fan. I knew he was using Garth in Teen Titans but I didn't know Waid actively liked the kid. Good. I'm not that fond of Garth but even I think the guy deserves better treatment.

Edit: Just saw the preview. Calling it now;

spoilers:
    Garth's sided with some crazy eco-terrorist.
    end of spoilers

Preview looked....good? Honestly I see a lot of what we've seen in other reunions here. Lot of smiling and "we're a family!" and some angst rolled in for spice, with a "we're finally stepping up!" attitude. This time the League actually asked Dick to step up, but we've seen the Titans decide to grow up before, so same thing.

Hopefully this reunion will break the cycle and be worth something. Scott's art at least guarantees it'll look amazing. Taylor, if he's channeling his Nightwing, will knock out some good meme material the social media circles will enjoy, if nothing else. But we'll see if the book can be any more than that.
    Last edited by Ascended; 04-22-2023 at 06:09 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yeah with Wally being the star of Spurrier/Deodato's Flash book, it wouldn't be much of a murder mystery if he was the victim.

They're obviously hinting at Tempest here since he isn't technically part of the team, but that could be misdirection. If I were Taylor I would probably go with someone who doesn't have a solo book and who hasn't "died" for shock value before so.... Kory?
    I hope its not Garth.... and can't imagine they'd kill off Kori. There's lots of Titans and Titan adjacent characters that they'd care about, and would consider " one of their own" without it being a major character, founder, etc.

Hell, they have a whole academy of red shirts they can knock off.

I wonder if I will ever read a decent story with Garth in this lifetime, hopefully Waid will do him some justice. Taylor is pretty predictable, so it's very likely his story will end up with "evil" Garth and his death.

I hope its not Garth.... and can't imagine they'd kill off Kori.
    I can't bring myself to care about anyone getting killed off. It just gets me to roll my eyes now. I don't even keep track of who is currently dead, anymore. I'd be more inclined to read if I knew no one died.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hopefully this reunion will break the cycle and be worth something. Scott's art at least guarantees it'll look amazing. Taylor, if he's channeling his Nightwing, will knock out some good meme material the social media circles will enjoy, if nothing else. But we'll see if the book can be any more than that.
    Wait I think I figured out what that will be, he's gonna appeal to the BB/Rae fandom. That's it, he's gonna go all in on the sappy romantic scenes to appeal to the pairing's popularity.