Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I hope its not Garth.... and can't imagine they'd kill off Kori. There's lots of Titans and Titan adjacent characters that they'd care about, and would consider " one of their own" without it being a major character, founder, etc.

Hell, they have a whole academy of red shirts they can knock off.
    It would be hilarious if he killed off Kory cuz the internet would hate him, however he gets harassed every time he drops an issue so it Proably wouldn’t bother him. It could t be Donna I’m sure the WW has no plans for her but she has already died, then again so has Garth. Then again the titans has a long library of teammates that are expendable.

I’m cautiously optimistic about this book. I really want it to be great but it seems like every 5 to 10 years the NTT get back together and fight the same villains, rehash classic storylines, and of course it’s no where near as good as the Wolfman/Perez era.

I see from the issue 2 solits that the Titans will be fighting Brother Blood again. Sigh.

If they’re supposed to be the new “Justice League” Taylor needs to go big with it.

I mean, the death is probably going to be a fakeout so I don't think it matters who it is.

But Garth is totally throwing in with someone the Titans will eventually have to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m cautiously optimistic about this book. I really want it to be great but it seems like every 5 to 10 years the NTT get back together and fight the same villains, rehash classic storylines, and of course it’s no where near as good as the Wolfman/Perez era.

I see from the issue 2 solits that the Titans will be fighting Brother Blood again. Sigh.

If they’re supposed to be the new “Justice League” Taylor needs to go big with it.
    I don't even mind that, as long as he's a good, proper scary as hell Brother Blood. Not the ridiculous ones from any of the current versions, or animated. I could see him having become a huge global cult

Extraordinary Member

Think that's a bit of a no win situation - if Taylor has them fight classic Titans villains people will complain that he needs to go bigger, if he has them fight stuff the JL would usually handle people will complain about the lack of classic Titans villains in a Titans book.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I agree that Taylor needs to go big. I think the team needs a few more JL connections such as Kyle Rayner/Jessica Cruz, Superman(Jon) or Supergirl, Atom(Ryan), and Firestorm. They also need to fight some JL villains like Despero, Amazo, or Starbreaker to really earn some JL-like credentials.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Think that's a bit of a no win situation - if Taylor has them fight classic Titans villains people will complain that he needs to go bigger, if he has them fight stuff the JL would usually handle people will complain about the lack of classic Titans villains in a Titans book.
    But being the Justice League level team is the premise of this run. It’s what they’ve been advertising for the past few months. If people want rehashed New Teen Titans stories they can read basically any previous Titans run.

Obviously we don’t know if Taylor will fall into that trap since the first issue hasn’t even come out yet. Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen.

But being the Justice League level team is the premise of this run. It’s what they’ve been advertising for the past few months. If people want rehashed New Teen Titans stories they can read basically any previous Titans run.

Obviously we don’t know if Taylor will fall into that trap since the first issue hasn’t even come out yet. Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen.
    ^^^I'm w. you (and others) on this.
    It’s one reason I was disappointed this was going to be a straight up Titans line up, instead of Dick creating a personalized team.

But if it’s going to be the Titans stepping up, then it needs to be the Titans stepping up. They need to engage some classic JLA villains, and catch the attention of other villains at that level in doing so.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Who are some JLA level villains they need to face?
    Crime Syndicate-Do the Titans have the actual fire power to take on the CS? Donna could/should match Superwoman (especially now that he is a doppelganger of Donna and not Diana), Flash has Johnny Quick, Nighwing=Owlman. But what about Ultraman and Power Ring? I feel like Ultraman (who may or may not be dead...they all seem to die and return more than the X-Men) could easily take out the team with only Donna and maybe Starfire to have any kind of showing against him.
    Starro--Ok, This could be interesting.
    Despero--Would love to see this happen, but they would definitely need to call in some reinforcements.
    Who else is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I agree that Taylor needs to go big. I think the team needs a few more JL connections such as Kyle Rayner/Jessica Cruz, Superman(Jon) or Supergirl, Atom(Ryan), and Firestorm. They also need to fight some JL villains like Despero, Amazo, or Starbreaker to really earn some JL-like credentials.
    O
    Then you might as well use the JLA. Yes, they should fight some classic JLA villains, but laying in JL members to the Titans. What's the point.

The Titans took down Trigon. That f'r took over the world, including the JL. The Titans have it covered

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Crime Syndicate-Do the Titans have the actual fire power to take on the CS? Donna could/should match Superwoman (especially now that he is a doppelganger of Donna and not Diana), Flash has Johnny Quick, Nighwing=Owlman. But what about Ultraman and Power Ring? I feel like Ultraman (who may or may not be dead...they all seem to die and return more than the X-Men) could easily take out the team with only Donna and maybe Starfire to have any kind of showing against him.
    Despero--Would love to see this happen, but they would definitely need to call in some reinforcements.
    Who else is there?
    The Titans took down Trigon the Terrible. He overtook the entire world . The Titans can handle Despero or the Crime Syndicate.

I don't think you have to have an " equal member" on each side of the coin. Often someone of opposite skill is better at taking down an opponent and is probably more interesting to view as well

To be honest I don't think the issue so much is which threats he uses so much as the fact that Taylor struggles with writing genuine, dramatic, stakes and antagonists in his stories.

Like I feel like this book is going to talk a big game about the Titans being on the level of the JL now and dealing with JL-level threats but it'll mostly feel like business-as-usual and not standout as much as the feel good, friendship, moments between the team.

The Titans took down Trigon the Terrible. He overtook the entire world . The Titans can handle Despero or the Crime Syndicate.
    ^^^Could and should. -thumbs up-

I don't think you have to have an " equal member" on each side of the coin. Often someone of opposite skill is better at taking down an opponent and is probably more interesting to view as well
    ^^^Yeah that equal member deal is kind of well, battle board thinking, and I burned out on that years ago, and get bored when it makes its way into actual books. -shrug-

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Who else is there?
    They had a horrible earth 3 crossover two years ago

Despero would be a cool villain for them to fight. Despero hasn’t done anything relevant in years so it would be good for him as a character too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They had a horrible earth 3 crossover two years ago
    Oh lordy. Curse you for making me remember that crappy story.