Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Who are some JLA level villains they need to face?
    Crime Syndicate-Do the Titans have the actual fire power to take on the CS? Donna could/should match Superwoman (especially now that he is a doppelganger of Donna and not Diana),
    Superwoman hasn't been a Diana doppelganger for some time. The previous version was actually Lois Lane!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    O
    Then you might as well use the JLA. Yes, they should fight some classic JLA villains, but laying in JL members to the Titans. What's the point.

The Titans took down Trigon. That f'r took over the world, including the JL. The Titans have it covered

Well, with the exception of Donna and Wally, the team doesn't have enough big guns to take on JL-level threats. Also, Kyle and Supergirl were Titans before then ever joined the JL so I don't think it would be terrible to bring them back to the team to give them some additional firepower.

Sure, the Titans took down Trigon but that was really their only major threat that they brought down. Deathstroke, Brother Blood, and the Disrupter aren't really that same caliber of villain. I'm not saying that the Titans shouldn't fight these guys but the team taking down some additional big threats from time to time would give them some additional credibility.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Starfire, Raven, and Cyborg are big guns. That being said the idea is for the Titans to step up and face any big threat against the DCU not just Titan or JL threats.

Also Jessica and Powergirl over Kyle and Supergirl.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-24-2023 at 05:52 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I don't think the issue so much is which threats he uses so much as the fact that Taylor struggles with writing genuine, dramatic, stakes and antagonists in his stories.

Like I feel like this book is going to talk a big game about the Titans being on the level of the JL now and dealing with JL-level threats but it'll mostly feel like business-as-usual and not standout as much as the feel good, friendship, moments between the team.
    I was about to say he's not that bad but then I remember X-Men Red's resolution and how low stakes Superman was compared to Action Comics.
    "Cable was right!"

Well, Taylor currently has the Titans dealing with Neron though your mileage may vary on how well you feel it's executed.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Starfire, Raven, and Cyborg are big guns. That being said the idea is for the Titans to step up and face any big threat against the DCU not just Titan or JL threats.

Also Jessica and Powergirl over Kyle and Supergirl.

What big gun villains have Starfire, Raven, or Cyborg taken down besides Trigon?

You're right about JL threats. The villains don't have to have fought the JL previously but how about the JSA, LOSH, or the GLC? Those are the caliber of villains the Titans should face in their new book. Not just threats like Ding Dong Daddy, Disrupter, or the Sizematic(who I love BTW).
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    What big gun villains have Starfire, Raven, or Cyborg taken down besides Trigon?

You're right about JL threats. The villains don't have to have fought the JL previously but how about the JSA, LOSH, or the GLC? Those are the caliber of villains the Titans should face in their new book. Not just threats like Ding Dong Daddy, Disrupter, or the Sizematic(who I love BTW).
    Nice point. Pull out villains like Magog, Time Trapper or Krona.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Taylor currently has the Titans dealing with Neron though your mileage may vary on how well you feel it's executed.
    Yeah I’m getting a bit concerned because this Nightwing arc which is basically a Titans story, is the first time I’m not enjoying the book since he took over.

I agree the Titans need to be dealing with major, League level threats, but I'm not sure about them fighting League villains. Once in a while, just to show how the Titans do things differently, sure, but if we're just gonna have a string of stories where the team fights Kanjar Ro, white Martians, the Legion of Doom, etc., then what's the damn point in the Titans being the big guns?

I don't want them fighting their same old rogues either. No more Trigon, Deathstroke, or Fearsome Five please. Well, I suppose Trigon would be fine as long as the story is different from all the other Trigon stories. People look down on him because he gets defeated by kids, but Trigon is a lord of hell just as powerful as Neron, Blaze, Satanus, whoever.

Speaking of big guns, Vic, Wally, and Raven are all heavy hitters. Vic and Rae don't have the deep list of feats that solo characters have, but their raw power can't really be denied. If you need feats, well, Vic *did* successfully capture dozens upon dozens of heroes and fought the League to a standstill in the JLA-Titans crossover. He's still got a Motherbox for a heart (I think?), which makes him theoretically one of the most powerful beings in the physical universe. Raven's wiped the floor with the whole Titans team when she's gone evil. Odd that some of their best feats involve beating up their friends....

Starfire and Donna are both powerhouses, but I never think of them as being on the same level as Clark or Diana. They're just a rung below that; powerful enough to handle damn near anything that comes at them, but not quite on the level of being able to go toe-to-toe against someone like Doomsday. So plenty powerful for a League level group.

Garfield is really the odd man out. His power has tons and tons of utility, but not a lot of raw oomph. Turning into an ape or elephant doesn't mean much when you're fighting people strong enough to break planets, but the powerset is utterly fantastic for almost anything else you could ever want him doing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Not sure why the Titans not being able to take on JLA villains is an issue.

Heroes are SUPPOSED to be outclassed by their villains.

The Titans proving naysayers wrong in universe and IRL pretty much writes itself.

Hopefully Taylor realizes that.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am happy they are putting top tier talent on the book, but again they are going back to the Wolfman/Perez NTT. They have tried this same formula half a dozen times since the original run and it never works. If they are doing this again they need to steer clear of rehashing the greatest hits. No Trigon. No Deathstroke. No Brother Blood. If they do use any old villains maybe use H.I.V.E or the Wildebeest Society and build them back up into legit threats in the DCU again. Maybe revamp characters like Indigo or Trident.

Definitely taking a wait and see attitude since I do have faith in the creative team, and am hoping for the best

The same ones as Donna. Starfire is around as physically strong as Donna but also star powered, Raven is half cosmic demon and has magic, Cyborg was upgraded to be on the JL. Power wise these characters aren’t lacking.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-24-2023 at 12:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The same ones as Donna. Starfire is around as physically strong as Donna but also star powered, Raven is half cosmic demon and has magic, Cyborg was upgraded to be on the JL. Power wise these characters aren’t lacking.
    we just saw them all struggle with C list villains last winter remember
    Titans loosing.jpg

Well, with the exception of Donna and Wally, the team doesn't have enough big guns to take on JL-level threats. Also, Kyle and Supergirl were Titans before then ever joined the JL so I don't think it would be terrible to bring them back to the team to give them some additional firepower.

Sure, the Titans took down Trigon.
    Okay so you ARE aware of that and that he is easily a JLA level threat (he nixed them all casually upon manifesting) and the Titans got it done.

The only problem I see is now that the silliness of Nu52 has hobbled continuity what the actual roster of Titans are these days is up in the air. The only reason I can give them the benefit of the doubt with Trigon is because I hear we are on some Everything Happened ish and that means that epic first manifestation is still out there somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    we just saw them all struggle with C list villains last winter remember
    Titans loosing.jpg
    Well, it can't be as bad as the Teen Titans Academy days.