Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Starfire, Raven, and Cyborg are big guns. That being said the idea is for the Titans to step up and face any big threat against the DCU not just Titan or JL threats.

Also Jessica and Powergirl over Kyle and Supergirl.
    Jessica would make sense as a Titan despite having already been a Justice Leaguer - she's probably younger than Kyle is.

Power Girl of course just started working with Omen.... who unfortunately would be redundant to Raven so clearly won't be joining up any time soon. There's no reason for PG to join without Lilith - especially as she's already active with the JSA. Whereas Supergirl isn't on any team right now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Really it should be a good mix of original stories and some retooled classic threats scaled up.

Which I don't doubt the characters can handle it, the superpowered ones are pretty superheavy and easily be boosted to more epic levels.

Though this does lead to the concern whether Taylor can handle it. If the current arc in Nightwing is an indication of how threats will be handled, the book might wind up having no tension or credible villains to actually cause the Titans to exert effort.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Okay so you ARE aware of that and that he is easily a JLA level threat (he nixed them all casually upon manifesting) and the Titans got it done.

The only problem I see is now that the silliness of Nu52 has hobbled continuity what the actual roster of Titans are these days is up in the air. The only reason I can give them the benefit of the doubt with Trigon is because I hear we are on some Everything Happened ish and that means that epic first manifestation is still out there somehow.

Taking down Trigon aka 1 Justice League level threat can be chalked up to luck or being a fluke. We need to see a pattern of victories like that in order to really give the Titans a reputation of being "big guns". I don't think they're greatest hits of villains i.e. Deathstroke, Brother Blood, or the Fearsome Five are of the same caliber as Despero, Starro, the Crime Syndicate, the White Martians, or Starbreaker. I'm not saying the classic Titans villains shouldn't appear in the new book but I hope Taylor mixes them up with bigger villains to really hit home that the Titans CAN take over for the League.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    we just saw them all struggle with C list villains last winter remember
    Attachment 131273

Lol......to be fair, the Titans were vastly outnumbered in that battle. Strength in numbers....
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    we just saw them all struggle with C list villains last winter remember
    Attachment 131273
    The entire DCU struggled with those villains last winter.

It's funny that now that he is a Titan again, people are trying to question Cyborg abilities as if he was not part of the Justice League for almost a decade.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The entire DCU struggled with those villains last winter.
    Only Jon Dick And Raven came out of that event looking good

The Titans are supposed to be the epitome of cool “next gen” heroes but ironically they’ve been trapped in a nostalgia loop. Reliving the same stories and fighting the same villains over and over.

So like a lot of people I was very excited when they announced the plan to make them the elite team in the DCU. Hopefully Taylor can deliver.

I would definitely like to see new members added and not just rely on NTT and the cartoon lineup. I don’t want to see a one for one Justice League roster though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's funny that now that he is a Titan again, people are trying to question Cyborg abilities as if he was not part of the Justice League for almost a decade.
    Where he got hacked or literally torn limb from limb every other issue.

David Walker is pretty much the only writer to treat Vic with any respect.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-24-2023 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I hope not, that's gotta be one of the most tired topics in DC comics.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I hope they come up with a new story for Raven as well, we don't need to go down the Trigon road again unless it's something interesting. Doesn't she have brothers? Use them
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I hope they come up with a new story for Raven as well, we don't need to go down the Trigon road again unless it's something interesting. Doesn't she have brothers? Use them
    Seems like she'll mostly be playing off Gar in this run.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Doesn't Starfire also have a brother? Wildfire I believe is his name.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Doesn't Starfire also have a brother? Wildfire I believe is his name.
    Darkfire. He was with the Omega Men for a while if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 04-24-2023 at 11:53 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I just LOVE that two Aussies are working on one of my favourite books.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.