Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I tend to think the Titans should recruit Justice Leaguers for the reasons Robotman mentioned: if they are 'taking over', then they need to break out of their 'ex-Teen Ghetto' instead of being a rehash. However, this is unlikely to be more than a temporary phase, so I don't think they will actually do that.

Recruiting Justice Leaguers isn't 'taking over' then though. If the idea is to elevate the Titans, then they actually have to use the Titans otherwise they aren't actually elevating the Titans. They can't just put Justice Leaguers on the the team and go now you guys matter. That defeats the purpose. If they don't want it to be a rehash, then just don't rehash things. And that doesn't mean they can't recruit new blood. Its just doesn't have to be members of the JL mold.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-25-2023 at 05:04 AM.

They should bring back some older Titans.

Bring back Argent! Kole! Jericho!
    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Darkfire. He was with the Omega Men for a while if I'm not mistaken.
    He also made out with Supergirl .

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd like to see Tempest, Arsenal, Bumblebee, and Red Star come back to the team.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Recruiting Justice Leaguers isn't 'taking over' then though. If the idea is to elevate the Titans, then they actually have to use the Titans otherwise they aren't actually elevating the Titans. They can't just put Justice Leaguers on the the team and go now you guys matter. That defeats the purpose. If they don't want it to be a rehash, then just don't rehash things. And that doesn't mean they can't recruit new blood. Its just doesn't have to be members of the JL mold.
    Recruiting Justice Leaguers is not equivalent to getting rid of all previous Titans. I was thinking of at most 2 or 3 people. The idea is to break the previous mold, which is: 'The Titans are entirely either teenage heroes, or ex-teenage heroes'. Previously established always-adult heroes who were in the Justice League (and not the Titans) would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Recruiting Justice Leaguers is not equivalent to getting rid of all previous Titans. I was thinking of at most 2 or 3 people. The idea is to break the previous mold, which is: 'The Titans are entirely either teenage heroes, or ex-teenage heroes'. Previously established always-adult heroes who were in the Justice League (and not the Titans) would do that.
    Recruiting Justice Leaguers invalidates the intended goal. They aren’t trying to break the Titans mold, they are trying to elevate it. That’s the idea here. This is about the Titans stepping up, if they need Justice League members to step up then the they aren’t actually stepping up.

Also remember the team already has Justice Leaguers. Established Titans who went on to become Justice Leaguers, but still. Add 2-3 more we end up with half a team of Justice Leaguers.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-25-2023 at 11:36 AM.

Recruiting Justice Leaguers invalidates the intended goal. They aren’t trying to break the Titans mold, they are trying to elevate it. That’s the idea here. This is about the Titans stepping up, if they need Justice League members to step up then the they aren’t actually stepping up.

Also remember the team already has Justice Leaguers. Established Titans who went on to become Justice Leaguers, but still. Add 2-3 more we end up with half a team of Justice Leaguers.
    We already have a team of mostly ex-JL. Gar and Raven are the only ones never to have been on the League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

They aren’t trying to break the Titans mold, they are trying to elevate it. That’s the idea here. This is about the Titans stepping up, if they need Justice League members to step up then the they aren’t actually stepping up.
    I said nothing about needing Justice League members to 'step up'. This is not about the capabilities of the team members, but rather about what the team is in the wider DC Universe. Are the Titans a certain set of characters only? If you reject characters because they have not been Titans or Teen Titans before, then it becomes a straightjacket.

Having a non-Titan adult member join indicates that the role of the team has expanded. They are not only 'grown-up Teen Titans'.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We already have a team of mostly ex-JL. Gar and Raven are the only ones never to have been on the League.
    Titans have joined the Justice League. It is viewed as a step up. How many Justice Leaguers have joined the Titans (without having been Titans first)? None that I am aware of. Having the Titans be a valid option for an adult super-hero would make for a change.

I think adding a Kryptonian on the team would instantly make them elite level as far as power goes. I would love to see Kara but if it happens I’m sure it will be Jon because that’s Taylor’s guy. Which is a bummer because I find Jon incredibly boring.

There's also a wealth of characters they use, repurpose, and retool. There's a lot of potential there without even needing to touch JL's roster.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Titans have joined the Justice League. It is viewed as a step up. How many Justice Leaguers have joined the Titans (without having been Titans first)? None that I am aware of. Having the Titans be a valid option for an adult super-hero would make for a change.
    Does Kyle count?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Kyle was in New Titans before JLA. He's a Titan turned Leaguer, just like Flash in the same JLA run and Cyborg in New 52. Dick and Donna were on the pre-Flashpoint team and Kori was briefly there as well and with Cyborg was in Justice League Odyssey (a team that also had Jessica Cruz).

The point of this Titans team is that the JL is NOT a step up - they're equal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Darkfire. He was with the Omega Men for a while if I'm not mistaken.
    Really Darkfire? She has a sister named Blackfire and a brother named Darkfire?

Wait Omega Men, the Tom King one or the ones before?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Really Darkfire? She has a sister named Blackfire and a brother named Darkfire?

Wait Omega Men, the Tom King one or the ones before?
    Pre-Tom King.