Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Never liked Jeff Jarrett and according to a few shoot interviews, he was a massive racist in addition to being a general douche bag.
    Though I do believe his contributions to the industry probably do justify him being inducted into a hall of fame, yeah... he seems like a douche bag.

If I were Vince I'd still hold off on inducting him though.

Also, why do people keep treating Cornette like he is a valid source on anything? If you need any reason to doubt his version of events anytime, just remember the Santino incident. Cornette lies a lot guys, and he isn't doing this to work the fans like many think. He is out of touch and a liar and has been called out with evidence before.
    Last edited by Gryphon; 02-13-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Ultimate Member

After watching RAW last night and then watching SD tonight, I think it's obvious that SD has basically become "The Charlotte vs Riott Squad Show" and that's it. Yeah, Becky and Naomi were there, but they've been reduced to being "Charlotte's friends" and nothing more.

It's really going to suck for Becky because it should be Charlotte/Becky at Mania, but because it'll probably be Asuka/Charlotte instead, Becky (and to a lesser extent the other SD women not named Charlotte) is basically out of luck. Heck Charlotte is probably going to be the ONLY SD woman in a major match at Mania if he ends up taking on Asuka. And that right there will tell you how WWE feels about the everyone on the SD women's division that isn't named Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    After watching RAW last night and then watching SD tonight, I think it's obvious that SD has basically become "The Charlotte vs Riott Squad Show" and that's it. Yeah, Becky and Naomi were there, but they've been reduced to being "Charlotte's friends" and nothing more.

It's really going to suck for Becky because it should be Charlotte/Becky at Mania, but because it'll probably be Asuka/Charlotte instead, Becky (and to a lesser extent the other SD women not named Charlotte) is basically out of luck. Heck Charlotte is probably going to be the ONLY SD woman in a major match at Mania if he ends up taking on Asuka. And that right there will tell you how WWE feels about the everyone on the SD women's division that isn't named Charlotte.
    Course, there's still money in the bank. Carmella has a shot at working herself in there somewhere too.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Well, that was quite the upset in the Mixed Match Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Well, that was quite the upset in the Mixed Match Challenge.
    I sort of assumed all the real life couples would at least advance to the second round.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Huh? Auska's challenging for the RAW Title.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Huh? Auska's challenging for the RAW Title.
    Rumors are that it's going to be Alexa vs. Nia actually.

I'll believe the rumors when they actually happen. Asuka already announced who she's challenging, so yeah...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I do believe his contributions to the industry probably do justify him being inducted into a hall of fame, yeah... he seems like a douche bag.

If I were Vince I'd still hold off on inducting him though.
    I really want proof of the racist talk personally. Because I have never heard Jeff Jarrett being racist. I do know he had his drinking issues as we saw and went to rehab. Also again if people are referring to how he exited the company back in 1999 , well here was the deal. Jarrett was told he'd get a main event push , Austin vetoed it and then while the company was at its hottest peak he had his pay cut.

Jarrett wanted to resign with the WWF and claims Jim Ross approached him with low ball offers. His deal was expiring and he decided to get what he was owed after taking a pay cut and told Vince to pay him 6 figures to drop the IC title to Chyna. Then he went to WCW. Now I'm sure people will defend Vince here but seriously , he had cut his pay during a hot period and Jarrett just took what he was owed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Also, why do people keep treating Cornette like he is a valid source on anything? If you need any reason to doubt his version of events anytime, just remember the Santino incident. Cornette lies a lot guys, and he isn't doing this to work the fans like many think. He is out of touch and a liar and has been called out with evidence before.
    Cornette never brought up the Jarrett rumor ...it was Mike Johnson from PWInsider. Cornette joked about pointing at the Wrestlemania sign with his cohost .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I really want proof of the racist talk personally. Because I have never heard Jeff Jarrett being racist. I do know he had his drinking issues as we saw and went to rehab. Also again if people are referring to how he exited the company back in 1999 , well here was the deal. Jarrett was told he'd get a main event push , Austin vetoed it and then while the company was at its hottest peak he had his pay cut.

Jarrett wanted to resign with the WWF and claims Jim Ross approached him with low ball offers. His deal was expiring and he decided to get what he was owed after taking a pay cut and told Vince to pay him 6 figures to drop the IC title to Chyna. Then he went to WCW. Now I'm sure people will defend Vince here but seriously , he had cut his pay during a hot period and Jarrett just took what he was owed.

Cornette never brought up the Jarrett rumor ...it was Mike Johnson from PWInsider. Cornette joked about pointing at the Wrestlemania sign with his cohost .

Sorry, I should have segued better, but it had nothing to do with the jarrett rumor. I just saw Corny's name brought up. People need to realize that Corny is completely out of touch and has a very self serving memory.

Jeff Jarrett is a lot of things, "main-event talent" isn't one of them. Not even 19 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Apparently WWE is ditching the single brand PPV to become all dual brand PPV starting at Backlash

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-r...ting-backlash/

WWE Reportdly holding Brand Draft at Backlash

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-r...raft-backlash/
    not happy about that. less guys getting their chance to main event PPVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Jeff Jarrett is a lot of things, "main-event talent" isn't one of them. Not even 19 years ago.

yep. dude is what dusty rhodes would call a flim flam man, if you wheel.

kaitlyn is still hot.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 02-14-2018 at 04:06 AM.

BANNED

Jeff Jarretts eyes were always bigger than his stomach

but running TNA put him in a position to indulge himself

I always thought he was a decent/average performer...and that was about it