Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Alexa got the push because frankly Alexa needed it. With the 2 top female stars (Becky and Nikki) both being faces, you needed a credible heel for them to actually feud with. Smackdown got the somewhat sort end of the stick as far as female performers go, with 3 out of 4 of the Horsewomen going to RAW along with Nia Jax (the monster heel of the female division). So they needed to build stars.

And I think it worked. It got her to the next level, without hurting Becky too much since all her loses were "protected." Becky was never legitimately pinned or submitted, so she's still looking strong despite coming up short.
    Yea that is true.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In a Jim Cornette shoot from a couple days ago , he brought up ROH : Final Battle 2012.

- Cornette discusses that he always loved Jay Lethal . That Lethal has grew into the star he always imagined. That when he was in TNA he took a shine to Lethal and wanted to keep him on TV. So when Lethal came up in 2012 , he brought him into Ring of Honor. Cornette also put over Jay Briscoe who he liked as well in ROH.

- Then the talk comes to El Genrico & Kevin Steen. Cornette pushed to have Lethal/Steen be at Final Battle but Steen over ruled him. Saying that he wanted his and El Generico's final battle to happen ..at Final Battle. Cornette claims he found it silly that they were gonna give time to a guy who wouldn't return the bookers calls (Delirious) and that Generico had said he wouldn't be returning to ROH after the match.

That he'd rather give that time to a young star like Lethal who was signed long term instead of a short term guy. But Steen wanted to end him and Generico's program the right way since they are friends. This led to Cornette bringing up that Generico played a mute masked guy and it was a struggle to sell that to local TV and more.

- The fans of ROH over-ruled him basically and wanted El Generico/Kevin Steen to get a finish and that he had to give in there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In a Jim Cornette shoot from a couple days ago , he brought up ROH : Final Battle 2012.

- Cornette discusses that he always loved Jay Lethal . That Lethal has grew into the star he always imagined. That when he was in TNA he took a shine to Lethal and wanted to keep him on TV. So when Lethal came up in 2012 , he brought him into Ring of Honor. Cornette also put over Jay Briscoe who he liked as well in ROH.

- Then the talk comes to El Genrico & Kevin Steen. Cornette pushed to have Lethal/Steen be at Final Battle but Steen over ruled him. Saying that he wanted his and El Generico's final battle to happen ..at Final Battle. Cornette claims he found it silly that they were gonna give time to a guy who wouldn't return the bookers calls (Delirious) and that Generico had said he wouldn't be returning to ROH after the match.

That he'd rather give that time to a young star like Lethal who was signed long term instead of a short term guy. But Steen wanted to end him and Generico's program the right way since they are friends. This led to Cornette bringing up that Generico played a mute masked guy and it was a struggle to sell that to local TV and more.

- The fans of ROH over-ruled him basically and wanted El Generico/Kevin Steen to get a finish and that he had to give in there.
    Wait....Cornette tried to kill the blow off to a year long angle that was a high point for ROH and considered one of the best storylines they ever did? Why is this man considered a wrestling genius?

Incredible Member

Some news:

1. Looks like WWE may still bring some Indy promotions to the network. All UK of course. Interesting enough one survey asking which promotions fans liked(All uk) also included TNA, which leads into my next...

2. Anthem will finally lay to rest the TNA letters, and just call the promotion IMPACT WRESTLING. Could this mean that WWE may be interested in the library now?

3. Matt and Jeff will face the Young Bucks at SUPERCARD OF HONOR.

4. Fantastic Mania starts tomorrow. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    Some news:

1. Looks like WWE may still bring some Indy promotions to the network. All UK of course. Interesting enough one survey asking which promotions fans liked(All uk) also included TNA, which leads into my next...

2. Anthem will finally lay to rest the TNA letters, and just call the promotion IMPACT WRESTLING. Could this mean that WWE may be interested in the library now?

I hope WWE gets the library. It would be cool seeing that on the Network and we'd get some pretty cool DVD's out of it I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I hope WWE gets the library. It would be cool seeing that on the Network and we'd get some pretty cool DVD's out of it I'm sure.
    They may work a deal allowing WWE to use the library as part of a deal for the WWE Network. Since they can have the library to use for a number of talents there now. Plus it gives the network more programming.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They may work a deal allowing WWE to use the library as part of a deal for the WWE Network. Since they can have the library to use for a number of talents there now. Plus it gives the network more programming.
    Same for ICW

Mighty Member

Some news:

Promotions they'll own. Nothing indy about it.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    ahhh your hate of everything not japanese wrestling is so adorable.
    You mean wrestling.

Nationality means nothing.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    You mean wrestling.

Nationality means nothing.

Ultimate Member

Especially when the wrestler's actual nationality can be one thing and their in the ring nationality be something totally different, it all gets messy...or can...cute puppy...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    we all need joe/brock in our lives.
    Personally I'd get more mileage out of Joe/Cesaro. Brock'd probably just smother any excitement out of the match just like he did with Dean's.

Yeah Joe/Lesnar would pretty much suck since Joe would get suplexed a million times and we'd get a "OMFG ....HOW BAD ASS IS BROCK NOW !"

Some news:

sweet. roosh, panthers kids, dragon lee, mistico(OG dragon lee) mixing it up with the NJPW guys should be fun for a few days, also a few days w/o bullet club.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-20-2017 at 03:45 AM.

Incredible Member

Some news:

Anthem isn't going to sell the library to anyone. They are using it themselves on their own network. The Fight network gets at least 3 hours of the library every week.