Page 4394 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 33943894429443444384439043914392439343944395 LastLast
Results 65,896 to 65,910 of 65921

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They more with their one hour than Raw can do with 3 hours.
    I'll give NXT the credit they deserve .... they do a great job.

That said the main roster produces almost the same amount of content on a single Monday as NXT does on a month. It's not entirely a fair comparison.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Oh no, she (and Alexa) are even worse booking-wise than he is. He hasn't actually held the top belt in years now, he doesn't have as many title reigns as they do, his title runs weren't as long as there's were, he actually help make a few people into stars (they did not), etc.

And yeah the fact that Becky had to go on the longest winning streak of her career just to get a title shot, and then Charlotte just walks back in after being out for awhile and is handed one easily, shows once again that she's the only HW that WWE truly cares about.

Also apparently Becky getting a singles match on PPV is like an allergy to WWE these days. She hasn't gotten one in going on two years now.
    This is one of the main reasons I consider myself a very casual fan these days. Becky and her fans have been waiting a long time for her to have another title run and now when it looks like it's finally going to happen WWE goes and throws Charlotte into the mix. I was discussing Revolution with a friend of mine and told him that as far as Smackdown's Womens Title goes that the best ideas would be a match with either Becky, Charlotte or Asuka fighting for the title as I think that at Revolution they need to have their most talented performers on hand to really show how good the women really are.

For awhile I actually thought that if the rumors of a Women's Tag Title were true then they'd set Becky and Charlotte as the inaugural tag team champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    This is one of the main reasons I consider myself a very casual fan these days. Becky and her fans have been waiting a long time for her to have another title run and now when it looks like it's finally going to happen WWE goes and throws Charlotte into the mix. I was discussing Revolution with a friend of mine and told him that as far as Smackdown's Womens Title goes that the best ideas would be a match with either Becky, Charlotte or Asuka fighting for the title as I think that at Revolution they need to have their most talented performers on hand to really show how good the women really are.

For awhile I actually thought that if the rumors of a Women's Tag Title were true then they'd set Becky and Charlotte as the inaugural tag team champs.
    I think the absolute best woman's Smackdown match would be Charlotte and Becky. No offense to Asuka but not only do I believe both have had better matches on the main roster than her, but there's also potentially a better story to be told.

But yeah, if they end up with a tag tournament then wwe will have to decide if Charlotte and Becky are better served on the singles or tag division.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They more with their one hour than Raw can do with 3 hours.
    If NXT was responsible for having a Takeover every month like the main roster is for PPV, they'd be getting booked just like the main roster shows are. Completely different set of circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    If NXT was responsible for having a Takeover every month like the main roster is for PPV, they'd be getting booked just like the main roster shows are. Completely different set of circumstances.
    I also think a part of Nxt which helps their programming is that nothing can ever really get old or stale because all their champions and top guys get cycled out to the main roster. The talent is different every year, so everything is always new.

In the main roster, regardless of how big it is you start seeing the same matches over and over. The brand split helps with that a lot, but ultimately we will end up seeing New Day and the Usos wrestle a million times, while you see American Alpha wrestle Revival maybe 3-4 times. A year later both teams are gone and nxt fans get something entirely different.

Again, not trying to belittle the job nxt does, but it's different than what the main roster needs to do each week.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    And different demographics as well. They don't need to write for kids or sponsors, or worry about ratings at the top of the hour, etc.

There's a reason that wrestling shows (Like Impact!) once they made it big and had a TV show that their show started to look a lot like RAW-lite.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Exactly.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    And different demographics as well. They don't need to write for kids or sponsors, or worry about ratings at the top of the hour, etc.

There's a reason that wrestling shows (Like Impact!) once they made it big and had a TV show that their show started to look a lot like RAW-lite.
    Even Ecw, which based it's entire identity on being revolution from wwe and wcw ended up looking more and more like them once they got national. It's just how it is.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Even Ecw, which based it's entire identity on being revolution from wwe and wcw ended up looking more and more like them once they got national. It's just how it is.
    What? This implies that TNN gave a crap about ECW to change it's identity. They didn't bother to so much as issue a press release to let people know ECW was on their network.

Ultimate Member

For the men's division, they certainly should have a number of top faces.

For the women, it's a bit trickier because of the size of the roster. Smackdown has like 4 face women. Charlotte is queen b. If you decide that Becky and Asuka should be booked as top faces too, that means everyone is a top face except Naiomi. If everyone is a top face, no one is a top face.

And you still need to book one top heel while you are protecting the top face. Someone has to put over that heel, at least for the big matches.
    The problem Charlotte is far more believable and better as a heel, whereas Becky is the natural babyface. Asuka, well she works as a badass tweener I think.

Astonishing Member

But yeah, if they end up with a tag tournament then wwe will have to decide if Charlotte and Becky are better served on the singles or tag division.
    boss hug vs royal fire in the finals mmmmmm
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The problem Charlotte is far more believable and better as a heel, whereas Becky is the natural babyface. Asuka, well she works as a badass tweener I think.
    Yeah, I said this earlier but on a perfect world Charlotte and Sasha would probably be better heels. But because fans want to cheer for the horsewomen, you're sort of swimming against the tide. It can be done, but odds are fans will still cheer for them over half the women thru compete against.

Asuka can go heel. But considering Nakamura turned heel you might wanna wait a bit.

Astonishing Member
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    Hmmmm ... so someone gets to play against AJ for a million bucks. I wonder how good AJ is, or if he'll just throw the match to the winner. It's almost sad if someone makes it to the end only to lose to AJ and go home empty handed.

Astonishing Member

"tomasso ciampa is a national treasure"
    Transformers TCG player