Thread: Wrestling WWE

  1. #38221
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    its been weird the past day or so

  2. #38222
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Well holy shit. I didn't see this coming at all.

    http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...he-company-at/

    At NXT Takeover Toronto (In my hometown) spoilers:
    Mickie James
    end of spoilers is coming back to face Asuka
    damnit, wish I hadn't read that spoiler anyway, if it's true, i'll be pumped to see her back

  3. #38223
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    Meltzer mentioned that the WWE were really big in the picture for a bit, and then backed off. Looks like that ended up being true.
    The WWE likely wants the company but likely views the entire ownership situation as a disaster. What is wild is Dixie destroyed the very thing she wanted almost like Paul Heyman did ECW.

    With that Heyman wanted to keep ECW and approached folks for a sale. As I posted a couple weeks ago he offered Billy Corgan 10% of the company for $1 million dollars. Corgan himself learned Heyman owed debts and that the company wasn't worth the price Heyman was trying to get. Paul then gave a small stake to Acclaim as they made the ECW video games. He tried selling half the company to Rainbow Media and that fell apart as they wanted a bigger ownership stake than what Paul wanted to give away.

    Dixie has seemingly done a Heyman. She has went around throwing parts of the company to folks. Its a mess...


    The WWE is likely thinking , we wait til Corgan gets the company fully or ...we wait til it hits bankruptcy court and we can make an offer to buy it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  4. #38224
    Mighty Member Iron_Legion87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,604

    Default

    The WWE needs some real competition like WCW and ECW provided back in the 90's. Can you imagine if BIG NAME draws like Dean, Seth, or even Cena appeared on a rival company show? That would be a game changer and lit a fire under the WWE's butt so to speak.

  5. #38225
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    The WWE needs some real competition like WCW and ECW provided back in the 90's. Can you imagine if BIG NAME draws like Dean, Seth, or even Cena appeared on a rival company show? That would be a game changer and lit a fire under the WWE's butt so to speak.
    You can argue TNA did have some pretty big names at one point. And they even moved to Monday Nights or a bit. But it's hard to compete with WWE directly. WWE is such an established name brand the only way you have a hope of competing is by spending a lot of money on big name stars that most small indy feds don't have. To even try it will likely end up having you spend yourself under the table and dying prematurely.

    Most wrestling companies will survive longer by not trying to compete against the WWE and just focusing on surviving as a company day to day. Like say ROH. Though that will likely never create a true competitor for the WWE.

  6. #38226
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    Vince McMahon is the ruler of a kingdom that none really desire

    not to be all bougey about it

    how much would someone have to SPEND to get even near the WWE's level right now

  7. #38227
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Well holy shit. I didn't see this coming at all.

    http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...he-company-at/

    At NXT Takeover Toronto (In my hometown) spoilers:
    Mickie James
    end of spoilers is coming back to face Asuka
    WWE confirmed this on their Twitter. Still pumped, but this speaks to how far the drop off is between Asuka and everyone else. Ember Moon is her only credible threat, and she shouldn't be getting a shot this soon. Everyone else isn't ready yet.

  8. #38228
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    The WWE needs some real competition like WCW and ECW provided back in the 90's. Can you imagine if BIG NAME draws like Dean, Seth, or even Cena appeared on a rival company show? That would be a game changer and lit a fire under the WWE's butt so to speak.
    if i had a dollar for every time someone suggested this, i could open my fed.

    WWE is the top dog in america. that is without question. like Xpac mentioned, it would need someone with EXTREMELY deep pockets to fuck with vince at this point and i don't see anyone wanting to getting into a war like this against the guy.

    right now, this is the age of alternatives, not competition. during the 90s, one of the reasons why the monday night wars were so popular is because WCW and WWF were the only games in town and to a lesser extent, ECW. that was the only wrestling the vast majority of fans could see on a regular basis.

    nowadays, thanks to the internet, you have plenty of options outside of the E to look at: NJPW, ROH, PWG, CZW, chikara, dragon's gate, CMLL, AAA, LU, NXT, etc. none of them are gonna compete with the E on a nation/global level and they'd ruin themselves trying (looking at you TNA). being a alternative is a better option.

  9. #38229
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    if i had a dollar for every time someone suggested this, i could open my fed.

    WWE is the top dog in america. that is without question. like Xpac mentioned, it would need someone with EXTREMELY deep pockets to fuck with vince at this point and i don't see anyone wanting to getting into a war like this against the guy.

    right now, this is the age of alternatives, not competition. during the 90s, one of the reasons why the monday night wars were so popular is because WCW and WWF were the only games in town and to a lesser extent, ECW. that was the only wrestling the vast majority of fans could see on a regular basis.

    nowadays, thanks to the internet, you have plenty of options outside of the E to look at: NJPW, ROH, PWG, CZW, chikara, dragon's gate, CMLL, AAA, LU, NXT, etc. none of them are gonna compete with the E on a nation/global level and they'd ruin themselves trying (looking at you TNA). being a alternative is a better option.
    Exactly

    WE have options now, MORE THAN EVER BEFORE

  10. #38230
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    WWE confirmed this on their Twitter. Still pumped, but this speaks to how far the drop off is between Asuka and everyone else. Ember Moon is her only credible threat, and she shouldn't be getting a shot this soon. Everyone else isn't ready yet.
    Don't forget Storm. Though I believe she's a ways off from getting in a big feud with Asuka.

    Word is WWE is really going after experienced female Indy talent. Which they really need. I'm not evening bashing the other girls in NXT when I say this. Just a simple case of booking matches people want to see. As of now very few of the girls, mostly PC created, are going to give Asuka a match people will care about. With that being the case the division suffers and looks less important.

    Asuka is a great champ, and bad ass, but she's the top of a mountain with no one really to give her anything that screams money.

    The 4 Horsewomen era this is not.
    Last edited by The Nuke; 10-14-2016 at 08:45 AM.

  11. #38231
    Veteran Member codystarbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    The Limerick Rake
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The WWE likely wants the company but likely views the entire ownership situation as a disaster. What is wild is Dixie destroyed the very thing she wanted almost like Paul Heyman did ECW.

    With that Heyman wanted to keep ECW and approached folks for a sale. As I posted a couple weeks ago he offered Billy Corgan 10% of the company for $1 million dollars. Corgan himself learned Heyman owed debts and that the company wasn't worth the price Heyman was trying to get. Paul then gave a small stake to Acclaim as they made the ECW video games. He tried selling half the company to Rainbow Media and that fell apart as they wanted a bigger ownership stake than what Paul wanted to give away.

    Dixie has seemingly done a Heyman. She has went around throwing parts of the company to folks. Its a mess...


    The WWE is likely thinking , we wait til Corgan gets the company fully or ...we wait til it hits bankruptcy court and we can make an offer to buy it.
    The WWE was only interested in the tape library. They had no interest in continuing the company as a wrestling promotion.

  12. #38232
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Exactly

    WE have options now, MORE THAN EVER BEFORE
    Yeah, the nice thing about a fed not trying to directly compete with the WWE is that they aren't bothering to even try to be the WWE.

    Programs like Lucha Underground or ROH have a very different product which might not cater to the mainstream casual WWE fan. But because it's not bothering to even really try, we're getting legitimate alternatives to the WWE (as oppose to TNA, which never really did a great job of giving itself any sort of identity). And that's pretty cool too.

  13. #38233
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,888

    Default

    Guys, have a TNA late update for you reguarding the lawsuits.
    "The total debt owed by TNA to Aroluxe, Anthem and MCC Acquisitions is listed at $3.4 million. TNA has already sold some of its tape library to Anthem."
    Aroluxe has not sued yet, and may not as they were the front runners to buy it since billy sued.
    The total issues are worse than is regularly being reported. Some talent have not been paid again, this puts TNA in breech of contract and they will effectively become free agents if they aren't paid. This is a bad time for this to happen, as faith in Dixie is at an all time low due to the talent finaly realizing what a horrific mess she has made of the company.
    They do not have anywhere near 3.4 million, they need roughly 600k per set of tapings and have had to borrow that several times from aroluxe and corgan. MCC Acquistions (who are also suing Aroluxe who acted as the middle man in hiring them.) are do money from the ppv. Anthem is due money from the tapings.
    Corgan's case is sealed but that will expire in a week or two, he is also alleging, basicly, fradulation negitions by Dixie who he is claiming withheld knowledge of the financial situation of TNA. This is actually a big deal, they are all getting their money because the debt is legit, but the issue is, Corgan is trying to get an injunction which would basicly force TNA to stop operating until they pay him. If they have 3 orders to pay placed on them, they cannot spend money to run tapings until they have paid their debt.
    If they stop producing content, they are also in violation of their india tv deal (one of their 2 sources of revenue...their only 2 sources of revenue), which they are technically already in violation of because the contract required them to do india tours they didn't do.

    Edit: While i was relating all that another issue came up
    "The latest is a story by David Bixenspan who found out that the Davidson County Register of Deeds and the State of Tennessee had issued a tax lien against TNA Entertainment, LLC on 9/8. The company owes back taxes in an amount unspecified and got so far behind in paying it that the state has the right to seize company property if the debt isn't repaid. While the company is no longer TNA Entertainment, LLC, now called Impact Ventures LLC, Tennessee law allows the government to go after successor companies. "

    I long for the days of WCW going out of business because an executive thought they couldn't be profitable. This is the result of taking a dying company and doing anything to keep it alive. Heyman had a chance to do this, Tommy Dreamer found him money marks, he declined. Jim Cornette had a chance to do this with SMW, he looked at the landscape, determined it couldn't make money, and closed up shop.
    Dixie had a company that was running no house shows, sold no ppvs, had gotten on a network that paid them almost nothing and....kept giving away pieces of the company to make it another month.

    Stuff is finaly gonna go down, and dixie is either going to cut a deal to sell this to someone (who would then owe the money to the other creditors, and would still have no revenue streams)or the company is going to be forced out of business.

    Now, the part WWE comes in at is, selling that tape library to WWE is the only way they have to get money right now, they may be forced to sell it just to pay these people off. WWE wants it, because of the huge amount of TNA talent they now have, but they don't want to pay big for it, and they have no interest in owning the company itself.
    Last edited by alex; 10-14-2016 at 06:56 PM.

  14. #38234
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,531

    Default

    The state of Tennessee getting themselves a piece of TNA.
    http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-tn...-strikes-back/

  15. #38235
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,888

    Default

    It's like everyone waited until someone made the first move and said "Ok"
    maybe dixie's daddy will come to the rescue!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •