Thread: Wrestling WWE

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Jamie noble was stabbed twice outside his home and is now in the hospital
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Jami...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    a full well recovery
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/jamie-nob...183748636.html
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-01-2016 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I know for a fact that TNA's current TV deal has a sale clause. It's up to the network and the new owner to renegotiate terms.

TNA is not going to get the same reaction WCW did ... it would be worse. On NXT, it might get a pop. The casual fan doesn't know what TNA is as opposed to back in the 90s they knew what WCW was.
    idk man, they sure seemed to know AJ, and i seriously doubt that many WWE fans were watching NJPW.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    TNA's Overseas contacts are crap. New Japan is yards better then WRESTLE-ONE and AAA is reaching for straws. Los Ingobernables is white hot globally. What does AAA have?

Psycho Circus? pfft.

Los Xinetez? They're still around cause no one wants to pick them up.
    i think he means TV contracts.

AAA has the lucha underground crew. i still can't watch AAA though, but they have some great talent.

Astonishing Member

Kota Ibushi returning to WWE – announced for NXT tag tourney
    http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/09/...t-tag-tourney/
    theres a duo japan for ya

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    idk man, they sure seemed to know AJ, and i seriously doubt that many WWE fans were watching NJPW.

i think he means TV contracts.

AAA has the lucha underground crew. i still can't watch AAA though, but they have some great talent.
    I agree most casual WWE fans know what TNA was, and care about some of the top guys from TNA's past like AJ and Joe.

However, I think TNA has had a bit of a decline since then. I do suspect a lot of their current roster (excluding previous main roster WWE stars) wouldn't necessary have the same impact AJ did. NXT will likely pop for Rockstar Spud or Bram or whatever, but I'm more iffy about the main roster's reaction to most of the current roster. Maybe EC3 would get a good reaction.

I think most would have to have a run on NXT to help familiarize them with the WWE audience before jumping straight to the main roster.

TNA is like a horrible disease: there is no defeating it. It's a shame Google took away the ability to search for forum results: would be hilarious to read her forum mentions over the past week.

BANNED

awww yeah

The Bollywood Boyz (Harv and Girv Sihra) are in the Dusty Tag Team Classic

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Oh my God! WWE is not going to run a TNA a show. Just like when they bought WCW, all those TV contracts are null and void in the event of a sale. Sheesh! I know we're spitballing here but it ain't gonna happen!

Heaven forbid, if WWE bought ROH they would not run a new show just for them and keep the name. They didn't even do that with WCW. TNA is not like WCW or even ECW. It's dead, Jim.

OI!
    If I remember correctly WWE had planned on making Smackdown the WCW branded show but Viacom their media partner at the time rejected it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    If I remember correctly WWE had planned on making Smackdown the WCW branded show but Viacom their media partner at the time rejected it.
    it was a discussion, but that's as far as it got

Given the reception WCW got when it finally debuted on RAW, Viacom made the right call.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given the reception WCW got when it finally debuted on RAW, Viacom made the right call.
    Opening up with Buff was doomed from the start......

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    it was a discussion, but that's as far as it got
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    Opening up with Buff was doomed from the start......
    It died the moment they did that RAW show . They had plans that became the brand split be it what we saw with WCW and WWE.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to Wrestlezone , Drew Galloway may have actually gave away who just bought TNA. In a backstage interview he proclaimed that "Billy Corgan , gets Drew Galloway" which seems to be a hint that Corgan may have came out ahead in the battle for the company.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

If WWE had planned to do a WCW-themed second brand back in the day, then they did everything wrong with setting it up. They had the show take place FAR from the traditional WCW home territory/base of support (not a good idea for your first show). And then the main even was Booker T (good) vs. Buff Bagwell (ugh).

The idea wasn't the problem, the execution was. But instead of realizing that and maybe tweaking what didn't work so well, Vince decided to just pull the plug completely after one show, what a waste.