Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And Hall isn't the 1st to say this. Paul Heyman said it years ago as Vince tanked New ECW in record time. He didn't understand the fucking concept so he pretty much ruined it all. Its his downfall at times , he didn't create it ....so he has to try and put his spin on it. That Wrestlemania when Hall and Hogan gave each other looks ...HHH should have realized. Ok that isn't the finish fans want. They want Sting to have his moment. He didn't get it and that was absolute shit.

I agree Sting should have put Rollins over. He should have....but Sting should have won at Wrestlemania .
    I think the big issue with ECW was frankly that Vince didn't agree with the product. So even if he did understand it, he almost certainly wouldn't try to replicate it with any level of authenticity (aside from the One Night Only PPV). More than anything I think he just wanted to use the name for a C list show where the can debut some new talent.

It was mostly a bust... though I do think it was a bit of a learning experience which likely helped in the development of NXT.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the big issue with ECW was frankly that Vince didn't agree with the product. So even if he did understand it, he almost certainly wouldn't try to replicate it with any level of authenticity (aside from the One Night Only PPV). More than anything I think he just wanted to use the name for a C list show where the can debut some new talent.

It was mostly a bust... though I do think it was a bit of a learning experience which likely helped in the development of NXT.
    Shane McMahon proposed what NXT was for ECW. He wanted to run it as an internet show , from the ECW arena with former ECW stars and OVW stars. Using the ONS filming. But once that 1st ECW PPV did 350,000+ PPV buys , Vince was like....I can make massive money with this brand. It was no shock that within a few months he locked a deal to televise ECW in 2006 and ran yet another PPV for it .

Paul wanted to bring in talent from Mexico and Japan , as well as use former ECW stars. Plus some OVW kids that he had scouted awhile. This was obviously used for NXT as we see.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    LU just made Justin Gabriel cool.....they should get an award for it.

Beware the Darewolf: The Luchador Without Fear
    Uhhhhh ..... vvvvv

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Look up his WWP work.
    ^^THIS^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

Gabriel, PJ Black, whatever has always been cool...just got lost in the shuffle
    ^^^AND THIS^^^

PJ Black has always been cool. WWE just fucked him up.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

i love black's story about pitching the darewolf gimmick to vince. "i didn't know you could juggle" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

you missed the attitude era completely??

Bought the Nine Legends stream this evening and I'm glad I did, thought it was brill. Still trying to work out why Randy Couture was in it, but other than that not too many grumbles. Great to hear Dynamite Kid talk about his matches with Tiger Mask. This gets a Strong Style Spirit thumbs up.

CM Punk recently spoke with Kevin Wong of Complex Magazine. The full interview can be read at this link. Below are some highlights, including the awkward end to the interview:

Not wanting to answer WWE questions:

“I don’t feel like fielding questions about it [WWE]. I’ve been there, I’ve done that, and I’ve accomplished everything I was going to."

What specific areas he's working on improving with MMA:

“I work on everything... It’s a boring answer, because it’s kind of a boring question. This is mixed martial arts. I’m not in there one day, working on one specific thing, I’m in there everyday, working on everything. My defense, my wrestling defense, my striking defense. And not only do you have to defend, but you’re being judged by three people who don’t always see what other people are seeing.”

After Punk was asked if he's anxious or intimidated to go from pro wrestling to MMA, they had this awkward exchange that led to the interviewer being informed Punk never wanted to speak to him again:

“I get this question a lot, and it’s like you guys think I’m an idiot. Like I didn’t know MMA wasn’t pre-determined or something like that. Have you ever tweeted at me, ‘Hey, do you know what you’re getting into?’”

“I never have.”

“Okay. It sounds like you might have.”

“I don’t mean to put you on the defensive…”

“I’m not on the defensive. Your question is insulting. You’re asking me if I know the difference between the WWE and the UFC?”

“That’s not what I’m asking.”

“That’s exactly what you’re asking... You say my fans say that? You’re mistaken. My fans do not say that. I wouldn’t say anything to them [my critics]. I don’t justify stupidity with an answer. I don’t give a shit what anybody thinks of me, whether I’m going to fight or not. I know what I’m going to do. If I did anything in my life based on someone’s negative opinion on me, I would never fucking leave my house. My fans are people who don’t tweet negative shit at me.”
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/CM_P...whKF1E1GBsW.99

This pretty much is why Punk was never the face of WWE, his attitude was a terrible fit for that and its much more apparent lately

RIP Axl Rotten. Confirmed by WWE

Incredible Member

RIP.

To many ECW guys have gone.

Nakamura vs Anderson

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3d...1-7-2015_sport

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    PJ Black has always been cool. WWE just fucked him up.
    and I don't think they f'd him up, he got lost in the shuffle during that whole Nexus thing and then he languished in the undercard, it happens

but, but, buuuuuut he seems to be doing his best work now OUTSIDE of the WWE

also a pleasant surprise to see Santana Garrett in NXT, short match against Asuka but I think she did ok

BANNED

with the news about Bret I find myself rolling back through his catalog of matches

what goes where...his SummerSlam match with Mr Perfect, vs Owen at Mania X, the Iron Man match against Shawn

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    This pretty much is why Punk was never the face of WWE, his attitude was a terrible fit for that and its much more apparent lately
    First off, get off LoP's loins and post the real source. Stop giving them hits.

Second off, Kevin Wong is a clickbait fan boy. He wasn't there to talk MMA or Rufusport or anything about martial arts. He's a Sports Entertainment nuthugger whose taken too many hits off the nostalgia pipe. If Complex was interested they would have sent a Real Jurno. This guy just used his credentials.

I know you hate Punk, but this BS is really reaching.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyleSpirit View Post
    Bought the Nine Legends stream this evening and I'm glad I did, thought it was brill. Still trying to work out why Randy Couture was in it, but other than that not too many grumbles. Great to hear Dynamite Kid talk about his matches with Tiger Mask. This gets a Strong Style Spirit thumbs up.

Catch wrestling wise, Couture trained under Marco Ruas and Neil Melanson
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

As someone on Wrestlezone commented , it has to piss Punk off answering the same question he's been asked 100 times since he decided to try a MMA career , "So do you think you can go from pro wrestling to MMA ?" I'm sure Punk grew tired of that question the many times he was asked it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    First off, get off LoP's loins and post the real source. Stop giving them hits.

Second off, Kevin Wong is a clickbait fan boy. He wasn't there to talk MMA or Rufusport or anything about martial arts. He's a Sports Entertainment nuthugger whose taken too many hits off the nostalgia pipe. If Complex was interested they would have sent a Real Jurno. This guy just used his credentials.

I know you hate Punk, but this BS is really reaching.
    Im going to agree here, I dont know this Kevin Wong but his tone was all wrong in the interview, it came off as trying for "gotcha" soundbites as opposed to an actual interview

Id like it if Punk went on FS1s MMA coverage or showed up on a UFC Fight Night and put himself out there for the UFC and MMA fans