Thread: Wrestling WWE

Incredible Member

They had a pretty good Makabe vs Ishii match on NJPW last night. I think Ryback would benefit big form studying those matches as well as studying Bruiser Brody.

Big E too.

A lot of it is just simple selling. The lost of art of making what you're doing look real. Love watching the New Japan guys perform.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    brock didn't nee it at all, and any heat he got from it was lost when he killed cena. brock's win did more damage killing taker's streak as a mania attraction than it did good for brock in any way.

i think there were quite a few other options that could've actually benefited from ending the streak more than brock, but none would've been worth it either really.

No that combo needed to happen.

If brock beat taker and lost to Cena (again) then it would of diminished defeating the streak.

If he lost to taker then how would he gotten the #1 contender spot?

No defeating both the Streak and laying the foundation of Suplex city on the bones of Super Cena has made brock The Monster you have to defeat in order to get the championship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The Owens/Ziggler, Kalisto/Del Rio, and Jericho/Styles matches should all be above average to great IMO.

And I'm optimistic the main event will be interesting and entertaining, even if it doesn't necessariy have the best workers on the planet in it.

But yeah... this likely isn't going to be PPV of the year.
    the PPV before Mania has always suffered an identity crisis, but those matches can be above average to great I hope

also Owens on SD running Cole into the ground is always fun

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    the PPV before Mania has always suffered an identity crisis, but those matches can be above average to great I hope

also Owens on SD running Cole into the ground is always fun
    Cole had it easier as a heel.

When he was a heel the heel wrestlers at least we're nice to him. But as a face announcer both the heels and faces tend to pick on him.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

While RAW's announce team continues to be boring , Jim Ross from this is calling New Japan in March. Its already leaps ahead of the RAW announce team.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    While RAW's announce team continues to be boring , Jim Ross from this is calling New Japan in March. Its already leaps ahead of the RAW announce team.

Barnett is really good too. Last night was Ranallo's last episode that was taped before he went to WWE. He and Barnett were a great team, and proved how central commentators are to telling stories.

Ross will have plenty of AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Bullet Club matches to call.

EDIT: I wouldn't be to hard on Cole and team. They are the puppets of Vince. They're just doing what they're told.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    Barnett is really good too. Last night was Ranallo's last episode that was taped before he went to WWE. He and Barnett were a great team, and proved how central commentators are to telling stories.

Ross will have plenty of AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Bullet Club matches to call.

EDIT: I wouldn't be to hard on Cole and team. They are the puppets of Vince. They're just doing what they're told.
    Exactly

that's why I won't shit on Cole, Vince feeds them and they have to regurgitate it

but there is a noticeable difference when Vince is not back there and its most likely HHH back there

Fantastic Member

Two quick thoughts as i sit at a family wedding:
    1. Doesn't Roman have his rematch clause?
    2. Is the 30 day defense rule not in place anymore?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Exactly

that's why I won't shit on Cole, Vince feeds them and they have to regurgitate it

but there is a noticeable difference when Vince is not back there and its most likely HHH back there
    It sounds the same to me. A passionless broadcast . What made Jim Ross work is , he had this aura of being a guy who wouldn't bullshit the audience. In fact he'd not care to cross the boss and as I review his brief heel turn , his natural ...open attitude made him refreshing. He already was a great play by play man. Then his heel turn allowed him to be more open to fans. Cole doesn't have that . He likely never will be that guy. No matter who talks in his head set.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Yeah Triple H vs Reigns arguably should have been the Fastlane main event.

I guess the only reason it's not is because they're saving it for Wrestlemania.

There probably are a LOT of wrestlers willing to pay to get into the tourney. That said, NOT paying these guys who are putting their bodies on the line probably would be in bad taste (and I'm sure plenty will be willing to practically kill themselves in the ring to make a good impression even though that's probably not what Vince is looking for).

Whatever they're willing to pay probably would be negligable to Vince anyways.

I'm sure Vince is paying them, though I'm equally sure he's probably not paying them a whole lot. Like you said, the exposure is the real pay off here.
    actually they should charge the wrestler and what ever indy's they work for. with 32 guys that's a nice hunk of cash, do that shit once a year.

They had a pretty good Makabe vs Ishii match on NJPW last night. I think Ryback would benefit big form studying those matches as well as studying Bruiser Brody.

Big E too.

A lot of it is just simple selling. The lost of art of making what you're doing look real. Love watching the New Japan guys perform.
    agreed but 1/2 of it though is the guys they work with. rybread's not going to be working with those guys. shit i've seen strong man have some damn good matches in NJPW. japan in general know how to book big men.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    No that combo needed to happen.
    not at all.

If brock beat taker and lost to Cena (again) then it would of diminished defeating the streak.
    obviously but we're talking about brock not beating taker here, either losing to him of facing somebody else entirely.

If he lost to taker then how would he gotten the #1 contender spot?
    there's about 1000 different ways, here's one off the head that took about 15 seconds to come up with. brock, upset about the loss to taker runs in the ring and destroys cena during a promo. heyman proclaims a xplicit display of dominance was needed to remind the beast is alive and well.

No defeating both the Streak and laying the foundation of Suplex city on the bones of Super Cena has made brock The Monster you have to defeat in order to get the championship.
    again the streak was an unnecessary sacrifice. brock as an unstoppable monster is not that hard a sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    you see the thing is when you have a champion that never wrestles it "makes the title seem more special".

Yeah Triple H vs Reigns arguably should have been the Fastlane main event.

I guess the only reason it's not is because they're saving it for Wrestlemania.
    ah yes, the match everybody is dying to see. can't waste that at some B-level ppv.

Spectacular Member

Ok, so I'm a little behind, just watched the Rumble last week and the following Raw, and I've been a fan for 20+ years, and it's been a few years since I actually watched the Rumble match, so this kinda annoys me. Besides HHH coming in and winning, which was so lame, where were all the surprise entrants? AJ and Sami were awesome, two of my all time faves, so I was super excited, but why are we wasting spots on guys like Curtis Axel? Surely Samoa Joa or Finn Balor would have been more exciting, especially for those of us that don't watch NXT. I can't understand why Roman Reigns is getting pushed so hard when he sucks both on the mic and in the ring. His matches are so boring. There are better faces on the roster that could use the push. With a Reigns/HHH main event coming up for Mania, guess that's yet another Mania I won't be watching and saving my free month of WWE network for another time, again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It sounds the same to me. A passionless broadcast . What made Jim Ross work is , he had this aura of being a guy who wouldn't bullshit the audience. In fact he'd not care to cross the boss and as I review his brief heel turn , his natural ...open attitude made him refreshing. He already was a great play by play man. Then his heel turn allowed him to be more open to fans. Cole doesn't have that . He likely never will be that guy. No matter who talks in his head set.
    because Vince wasn't in a position to fire or move him at that time, today, you irritate him slightly and you're out of a job

its a position a lot of people are in these days, myself included

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

forgot to post this last night.

decided to test out my new mic and the boys at the wrestle-cast let me on the show this week.
    http://thewrestlecast.podomatic.com/...20_55_32-08_00