Thread: Wrestling WWE

Undertaker did not survive suplex city.

btw, I got bored by the Divas match. the wrong team was eliminated first. I was hoping for more. Last night NXT match was ten times better. Sorry but that's how I feel about it.

The rest of the PPV awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    If WWE could get NJPW just to use Tanahashi, Okada, and Nakamura for some select dates, the business would be so much better.
    I think getting those people for NXT might be a big deal... but I doubt too many would care if they showed up on the main roster.

I think the WWE has done such a good job of cementing the notion that they're really the only fed on the planet that actually matters, that any sort of invasion from another federation simply wouldn't register with the bulk of their american fan base.

NXT is different though. On that stage at least, I think an invasion or whatever could work.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Undertaker did not survive suplex city.

btw, I got bored by the Divas match. the wrong team was eliminated first. I was hoping for more. Last night NXT match was ten times better. Sorry but that's how I feel about it.

The rest of the PPV awesome.
    You aren't wrong. The wrong team did get eliminated first and the Bayley/Sasha match was 20x better.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    You aren't wrong. The wrong team did get eliminated first and the Bayley/Sasha match was 20x better.
    inclined to agree.

Lesnar v Taker- That had to be the stupidest finish to a match I've seen since Big Show interrupted a Bryan v Orton match back in 2013. So Undertaker loses, but he wins. And cheats like a SOB to do it. I really liked everything about this match up to that point, but that finish ruined everything they had built up to it.

Cesaro v Owens- I didn't think either of these guys could stand to take a clean loss, but knew one of them would have to. After losing at NXT Takeover I guess the case could be made that Owens needed the win more, but how long is Cesaro going to be credible in this spot unless he starts actually winning matches? Also, the crowd was dead by the time these two went on and it really hurt the match.

Divas Elimination Tag- I didn't really enjoy this. The revolution is losing steam and we need to start seeing something build to a title match or something. One of these teams needs to implode. Taking Sasha Banks out of the match so early was a stupid idea, but at least the Bellas didn't win. I hated the spot fest with everyone doing planchas and top rope dives on to the pile. That spot is so over used in the large matches. It doesn't add anything anymore, IMO.

Rollins v Cena- This was easily my favorite match of the night. Rollins is amazing in the ring, which just makes his character seem so ill fitting for him. I get having him slime his way through his title reign, but always getting bailed out of finishes doesn't do his long term viability any favors. I hope this turns a corner, because he has the skills all around to be a major star for a really long time. The finish didn't bother me on its own. Jon Stewart would have been booed out of the building if he had helped Cena win.

Shield v Wyatts- The crowd took me out of this match. The brawling nature that dominated the first half of the match was really enjoyable, but once it broke down to its obvious "put over Reigns" mode, I started to fade on it. I honestly can't even remember who took the loss, just that Reigns did the pinning. Very whatever.

Ryback v Big Show v Miz- This one really worked for me. Miz played his part well, Ryback did his thing and I've started to warm to it, but the major issue here, as usual, was Big Show. I just don't find him entertaining, and that lame ass knock out punch is too cheap to pop for. It would have been nice to see Ryback use his own finisher to get the win, but I guess it ultimately didn't matter. No one was really enhanced by this match. Hopefully Ryback and the IC title can move on from this into a more interesting story.

The Arrows v The Cosmos- Amell did his part well, and I was genuinely impressed with what he was able to pull off. I thought the match ended up being too short to ever really become compelling, and there was never really that big moment where Amell stood tall over Stardust that I can remember. Or at the very least, it didn't feel like there was a satisfying pay off to this rivalry. I'd like to see Barrett and Neville continue their feud, but it would be nice to see Barrett go over for a change.

Ziggler v Rusev- I honestly didn't react to this match one way or another. Dolph hanging in while locked in the Accolade for so long seemed off, since larger and tougher wrestlers have passed out or tapped almost immediately to it. As soon as it was locked in I knew there was going to be a cat fight on the outside that would spoil the finish. A double count out is like kissing your sister. Or in this case, kissing another man's wife while he watches you.

Tag Team Bonanza- This was entertaining enough and their were some pretty good spots. Big E's spear through the ropes and on to the floor always makes me mark out just a little, because that looks like it would hurt like a bitch. I never understood why New Day lost the titles when they did, so putting the belts back on them seemed like the right way to go. I do wish there was a different tag team option available instead of Los Matadores. I really dislike that team. Unfortunately, one of the Uso brothers is hurt and the Ascension is terrible. It also seems to be off the table for PPV tag team matches to be one team trying to beat another, so whatever.

Orton v Sheamus- To have Sheamus go over and then not do anything with a teased MITB cash in or actual cash in seemed useless. This rivalry is DOA, we've seen it too often for too long. Even though the match was technically good, it is just played out.

Astonishing Member

I forgot about it too.
    I almost forgot cesaro v owens
    almost forgetting the suplex count
    belly to belly 1
    german 4
    f 5 1 st (through the french announce table) 3 total

if you have the network and have windows 10 and watched using Microsoft edge
    does it stop ever 10 and go every seconds or so
    it shouldn't take 5 + hours to watch
    youtube doesn't give give this ****
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-24-2015 at 05:08 AM.

Storywise, having it come down to the Bella Team and PCB makes sense. The main good guy team vs the main villains. I'm assuming it'll lead to a member of team PCB (presumably Becky since she got the pin) getting a match against Nikki at Night of Champions.

But I would agree that Bayley/Sasha was much better. Really, a good one on one match will USUALLY be better than even a good big multi-person tag match. Those usually end up being sort of car wrecks where everyone does their spots and finishers. They can still be fun, but are seldom match of the year candidates.

The Undertaker/Lesnar match was so stupid. I was completely into the match until the end. The end just absolutely ruined the PPV for me. Between the ending of this match and the ending of the Cena/Rollins match I am not sure what pisses me off more. I dont care who wins but I just want them to win fairly not because some dickhead comes in and bashes Cena with a chair while the ref is down or because a ref didn't see a tap out and then keeps the match going because he feels like it. What a joke. The WWE should be embarrassed with that ending.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    The Undertaker/Lesnar match was so stupid. I was completely into the match until the end. The end just absolutely ruined the PPV for me. Between the ending of this match and the ending of the Cena/Rollins match I am not sure what pisses me off more. I dont care who wins but I just want them to win fairly not because some dickhead comes in and bashes Cena with a chair while the ref is down or because a ref didn't see a tap out and then keeps the match going because he feels like it. What a joke. The WWE should be embarrassed with that ending.
    there was a moment when I thought Vince Mcmahon would come out and say: "restart the match"

Astonishing Member

And Cesaro gets jobbed out of another push for no freaking reason. Thanks WWE.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    And Cesaro gets jobbed out of another push for no freaking reason. Thanks WWE.
    kevin needed the win more than cesaro.

BANNED

the Divas match was ok, if not as dynamic as I wanted but I did appreciate that it came across like a "wrestling" match, not a WWE womens wrestling match

Amazing Member

Do some of the main roster angles come off as "thrown together at the last moment" to anyone else? I get why they did the Amell/Stardust feud the way they did--but I got the feeling that Barrett had no real compelling reason to be there outside of the fact that he wasn't really doing anything at the time.

And speaking of Barrett, who's gonna take him seriously if they continuously cut his feet out from under him? Who did they expect us to think was going to win that match? You pair up Stardust with the guy who was made to look like a jackass with the IC title getting stolen, but hey, he wins King of the Ring, only to get into a nothing feud with R-Truth. Cody would've had better odds of winning with Hornswaggle.

Same thing with the IC match--was there any particular reason to have the Big Show in the mix? They could have accomplished the same thing with Miz just talking trash about Ryback week after week, basically annoying everyone to the point that we'd just want Ryback to shut him up once and for all. I didn't see the whole point of it being a triple threat.

The Divas matches have improved, but now everyone's talking about which "team" is going to be the dominant one and no one's talking about who's going to go after the Divas Championship. Wouldn't winning the title be the best way of knocking the Bellas off their perch?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    Do some of the main roster angles come off as "thrown together at the last moment" to anyone else? I get why they did the Amell/Stardust feud the way they did--but I got the feeling that Barrett had no real compelling reason to be there outside of the fact that he wasn't really doing anything at the time.

And speaking of Barrett, who's gonna take him seriously if they continuously cut his feet out from under him? Who did they expect us to think was going to win that match? You pair up Stardust with the guy who was made to look like a jackass with the IC title getting stolen, but hey, he wins King of the Ring, only to get into a nothing feud with R-Truth. Cody would've had better odds of winning with Hornswaggle.

Same thing with the IC match--was there any particular reason to have the Big Show in the mix? They could have accomplished the same thing with Miz just talking trash about Ryback week after week, basically annoying everyone to the point that we'd just want Ryback to shut him up once and for all. I didn't see the whole point of it being a triple threat.

The Divas matches have improved, but now everyone's talking about which "team" is going to be the dominant one and no one's talking about who's going to go after the Divas Championship. Wouldn't winning the title be the best way of knocking the Bellas off their perch?
    I think a reason you saw Barrett and the other one in the tag team match angle was they needed someone to carry the in ring action mostly for Amell not to risk much in ring. He likely busted his ass learning things in ring the last couple months and was made to not do too much. It was a good plan to have it be a tag team match for this reason. Also the fact CW executives were like...he better not get damn hurt in this. I'm sure the WWE had to promise they would be easy with him and make sure he wouldn't risk an injury.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    kevin needed the win more than cesaro.
    Yeah poor Owens has lost like 4 straight PPV's. Same can probably be said for Cesaro and then some but he doesn't have a whole lot of momentum to lose in the first place. Hopefully we get a rematch and Cesaro can trade a win.