Page 1 of 4395 1234511511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling WWE

slow day.

Just listened to a Bret Hart interview where he states if he could have wrestled 3 WWE stars after him it would have been: Kurt Angle, John Cena or CM Punk. Who would have you liked? It has to be Angle for me. I think that would have the potential to be one of the greatest matches of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyleSpirit View Post
    Just listened to a Bret Hart interview where he states if he could have wrestled 3 WWE stars after him it would have been: Kurt Angle, John Cena or CM Punk. Who would have you liked? It has to be Angle for me. I think that would have the potential to be one of the greatest matches of all time.
    cena of those 3, but more than even him would be bret vs brock: the real best vs beast. bret vs angle could've been an awesome feud during the time bret was doing his anti american heel stuff though. imagine the heat kurt would've got in canada.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyleSpirit View Post
    Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle in a Submission match would have been amazing!!!
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Extraordinary Member

Bret vs Angle when both were in their prime would of been epic.

Astonishing Member

Bret pretty much refuses to acknowledge the exsistance of Daniel Bryan.
    Submission guy vs Submission guy would be a match i would like to see, so i guess vs Angle, but angle would have to have one of those mat matches.

Honestly even if no options were given, my answer would have been Kurt Angle.

Bret vs Kurt would have a chance to be a match or feud for the ages.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

BANNED

Bret vs Kurt would be the most technically sound match WWE could ever put on. Alex is right though. Angle would need to go more mat based for it. The suplex stuff would have to be very limited. And Kurt would also have to tone down his selling a few notches, as Bret goes for more realism. It could approach five stars.

Cena vs Bret would be pretty great to as they have a lot of the same structure and pacing styles for their matches and I think Cena's most effective when he wrestles a match to an opponent's style and Bret is the same. So it will be Cena trying to crack the puzzle of the master technician and Bret trying to find a way to nullify Cena's strength and get the guy who doesn't quit or stay down to actual quit or stay down. A lot they could do with that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Submission guy vs Submission guy would be a match i would like to see, so i guess vs Angle, but angle would have to have one of those mat matches.
    He was very much pro-Bryan around Wrestlemania time:

"Hart also chimed in with his thoughts on how WrestleMania 30 should end: “I hope they give Daniel Bryan his chance to win the belt at WrestleMania. He earned it a long time ago, but it wouldn’t surprise me — like Charlie Brown with the football — if they pull it away from him one last time. I really hope they give him his proper run, as he hasn’t had the opportunity yet to be the champion he deserves to be. Hopefully this year at WrestleMania, it will be a crowning achievement for Daniel Bryan.”

It's certainly possible he just thought it wouldn't be as good of a match as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Far from it, he always speaks well of Daniel Bryan. In prety much every interview he has done on the past four years.

Extraordinary Member

Well this isn't creepy at all.......

i think with bret/angle it would depend on what stage of his career angle was in. early in his career with bret guiding him it would've been awesome no doubt. later in his career it very well could've been an average angle match. i've been a pretty big fan of angle pretty much since his debut in the WWE and i think he was better when following the lead of others.

bret vs eddy would've been interesting to see too.

Here is a little rundown of five of Kurt's more memorable WWE matches.

I loved some of the work between Kurt and Austin as well as Angle and Jericho. Big Show had some of his better matches with Kurt as his opponent to boot. In part because Angle was physical enough to throw him around some.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"