Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It also was detailed by Punk and others that Cena derailed the push of Wade Barrett. That Barrett's push and leading Nexus was supposed to go bigger than what we saw. That he was supposed to become WWE Champion at one point. Cena went and had it changed. The result was Barrett never became that star that he could have really and folks weren't happy with what Cena did there.
    Yea I heard about that in a few shoot interviews, I believe Edge and I think Jericho confronted Cena on the finish of one of the PPV matches with Barrett and NEXUS. After it was done, Cena admitted it was wrong but it pretty much killed Barrett and the Nexus angle. Also, we do know Cena killed Alex Reily's career due to shoot interviews as well. I am still interested to her Alex's take on it since he said he would talk about it in the future, but that was like a year or two ago.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 04-16-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    true, its no secret that Miz and Cena are not BFFs, I was just hoping for an epic SaltFather promo
    It would be epic if someone like Miz or even Roman just said screw it and did a real life off the script shoot promo on Cena on Raw or Smackdown. I am sure it would kill their career, but they would be a legend among wrestling fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Yea I heard about that in a few shoot interviews, I believe Edge and I think Jericho confronted Cena on the finish of one of the PPV matches with Barrett and NEXUS. After it was done, Cena admitted with was wrong but it pretty much killed Barrett and the Nexus angle. Also, we do know Cena killed Alex Reily's career due to shoot interviews as well. I am still interested to her Alex's take on it since he said he would talk about it in the future, but that was like a year or two ago.
    depends on whose telling the story, some have said Reilly had a poor attitude and didn't take feedback and criticism well regarding his matches and that led to issues because Cena was in that program with Miz at the time

BANNED

I will say, however, I did enjoy seeing KO emasculate him (Reilly) when he was in NXT

Cena is a weirdo, not all that surprised

guess that's the "heel turn" everyone has been wanting

Im wondering if the Miz will be allowed to use it
    If they were feuding I'm pretty sure they would be allowed to use it with Cena's consent (which I think he woud give). But if there's no context other than Miz just hating on Cena for no reason, then I don't think Miz or WWE would go there. Vince doesn't mind airing peoples dirty laundry for entertainment value, but I don't think he'd drag Cena through the mud without reason.

COurse, maybe this might be a good time to start a feud with Miz. The break up is legitimately getting a fair degree of coverage and WWE isn't above milking that sort of thing. Again though I'm pretty sure they would get Cena's okay for it, so if they went there I don't necessarily think it would be a big deal.

depends on whose telling the story, some have said Reilly had a poor attitude and didn't take feedback and criticism well regarding his matches and that led to issues because Cena was in that program with Miz at the time
    True, it's always two sides of the story. The only bits of the story I got is from an shoot interview with Ryback and we all know he isn't the most reliable source. But according to him, Cena went out of his way to make Reily look bad by bad mouthing his matches backstage with other wrestlers and officials. Ryback also said Cena got Alex sent back down to FCW or NXT because he got poked in the eye during a match with him. Seems extreme, but all that is coming from Ryback so there could be truth in some of it at least.

To me the whole thing about Cena killing Reily sounds like a cop out. Cena may or may not have buried Alex, but I doubt it would have made much of a difference since Alex frankly wasn't that good to begin with. Okay in-ring work, okay mic skills along with a pretty good look and a really good theme song. He's Miz without the work ethic, mic work or charisma.

Alex couldn't even get over in NXT after spending time as an announcer. In his feud with KO, no one gave a dam about Reily. And if you can't get over in NXT, you're not going to get over on the main roster.

So to me Cena's involvement is almost a non-issue. Maybe Cena was being a dick and maybe he wasn't, but ultimately Alex wouldn't have done any better than he did anyways, and probably shouldn't have.

I will say, however, I did enjoy seeing KO emasculate him (Reilly) when he was in NXT
    Maybe that's why JOe was brought onto the main roster so quickly and got a win over Cena. It was a personal thank you for John for a job well done.

BANNED

I enjoyed him as an announcer/analyst type for NXT, I thought that role fit him well, but he wanted to be a wrestler

regarding people on the table, I really enjoyed Pat McAfee on the TakeOver pre show, I follow him on social media and he is a fan, he seems very knowledgeable and he seems to have great timing

that segment with Adam Cole was quite good

I enjoyed him as an announcer/analyst type for NXT, I thought that role fit him well, but he wanted to be a wrestler

regarding people on the table, I really enjoyed Pat McAfee on the TakeOver pre show, I follow him on social media and he is a fan, he seems very knowledgeable and he seems to have great timing

that segment with Adam Cole was quite good
    Alex was a better color person than a good half of the guys the WWE are using now so yeah... if Cena is in any way responsible for banishing Riley to the announce booth of NXT I wonder if he wasn't inadvertently doing him a favor. If Alex stayed on as an announcer in NXT I honestly think he'd be calling RAW or Smackdown as we speak, and probably doing a better job than some of the people currently in the role.

Instead we got the "RAGE" Alex Riley. Followed shortly by the future endevoured Alex Riley.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

WWE missed on Reilly who had a ton of heat coming off the Miz angle. One of my favorite silly early NXT deals was them missing on that Luke kid years ago. And all for the fact the WWE tried to rig the damn competition as usual. It was pretty funny that they wanted Adam Leavine to win that and even set the stage up for him to win as it was learned he was in their developmental and had 3-4 weeks before the competition was let go and told to enter.

Even with doing this Leavine never became the star they thought he would and quietly after a year (and silly promos where he would walk into a crack house to discuss his past) they released him. I did get a funny angry comment on my youtube channel from a fan of his.

"You **** on Adam Leavine , you live in basement !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

WWE missed on Reilly who had a ton of heat coming off the Miz angle. One of my favorite silly early NXT deals was them missing on that Luke kid years ago. And all for the fact the WWE tried to rig the damn competition as usual. It was pretty funny that they wanted Adam Leavine to win that and even set the stage up for him to win as it was learned he was in their developmental and had 3-4 weeks before the competition was let go and told to enter.

Even with doing this Leavine never became the star they thought he would and quietly after a year (and silly promos where he would walk into a crack house to discuss his past) they released him. I did get a funny angry comment on my youtube channel from a fan of his.

"You **** on Adam Leavine , you live in basement !"
    Honestly I never thought the point of Tough Enough was to develop stars (that's what NXT was for). THe point of Tough Enough was to create a reality TV show.

It is interesting that they never signed a deal with that Luke kid. On paper he seemed like a descent candidate for at least a developmental contract regardless of whether he won tough enough or not. But he also seemed to have a bit of an attitude, which probably why they passed on him.

As for Reily... again, he was mediocre at best. Could he have coasted on a feud with the MIz? Sure, because Miz was hot enough to carry the feud. But after that, you just have a mediocre mid-carder. I think the only missed opportunity was really wasting a perfectly good theme song on him.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I never thought the point of Tough Enough was to develop stars (that's what NXT was for). THe point of Tough Enough was to create a reality TV show.

It is interesting that they never signed a deal with that Luke kid. On paper he seemed like a descent candidate for at least a developmental contract regardless of whether he won tough enough or not. But he also seemed to have a bit of an attitude, which probably why they passed on him.

As for Reily... again, he was mediocre at best. Could he have coasted on a feud with the MIz? Sure, because Miz was hot enough to carry the feud. But after that, you just have a mediocre mid-carder. I think the only missed opportunity was really wasting a perfectly good theme song on him.

The passing on Luke onscreen was beyond silly as it was told..."You outshine who you work with. Your constantly taking the spotlight from them."

His attitude was likely an issue behind the scenes and they logically could have dealt with it better in a way. Miz had an attitude and he quickly learned behind close doors on what not to do. Karma oddly paid the company back with Enzo though. If they were worried about Luke's attitude backstage and bringing him in , Enzo was like 10x worse comically.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

The passing on Luke onscreen was beyond silly as it was told..."You outshine who you work with. Your constantly taking the spotlight from them."

His attitude was likely an issue behind the scenes and they logically could have dealt with it better in a way. Miz had an attitude and he quickly learned behind close doors on what not to do. Karma oddly paid the company back with Enzo though. If they were worried about Luke's attitude backstage and bringing him in , Enzo was like 10x worse comically.
    agree here

Luke had all those things the WWE seems to look for

he had the physique, he had the size, he was stupidly good looking

and if the women like you, you're practically printing money

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I liked it when Riley turned heel during his last NXT run. I enjoyed how angry he was that all the Indie guys were given all the opportunities while he was being passed over even though he was the prototypical WWE guy.