Thread: Wrestling WWE

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Omega outgrew his "nerd" appeal when he started putting on wrestling clinics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    I just happen to think he's a great wrestler, didn't ever think it had anything to do with being a "nerd" with fandom.
    Yeah I could care less that he likes video games all about in ring work and he has been great these past few years. He is not AJ or Okada level great, but he is a real good worker.

Incredible Member

Omega outside the ring is a nerd, but I think people associate him more with the character he plays inside the ring. One who also is probably one of the best Wrestlers in the world. Now it can be said he plays an evil cartoon character in the ring, but I find that unique in context. All the videogame and broom stuff has been gone from his character for over a year now.

Kinda like Minoru Suzuki. Who plays the tough and crazy old MMA fighter in the ring, but on instagram is like, "Bought some pretty socks today."

Omega's nowhere near the best wrestler in the world right now. And he won't be ever. I do see his see appeal. I don't see Mr. Dickplex's. My IRL wrestling friends love Omega for the nerd shtick.

I used to hate Prince DevittOOOOOOOOOO until his Bullet Club work won me over. Maybe Omega will, too. I still think AJ is overrated but he's still amazing. That being said, wrestling could use more AJs and Omegas. Variety is good. They're just not my thing.

And had that been my first time seeing Foley, I'd have been pissed.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Omega's nowhere near the best wrestler in the world right now. And he won't be ever. I do see his see appeal. I don't see Mr. Dickplex's. My IRL wrestling friends love Omega for the nerd shtick.

I used to hate Prince DevittOOOOOOOOOO until his Bullet Club work won me over. Maybe Omega will, too. I still think AJ is overrated but he's still amazing. That being said, wrestling could use more AJs and Omegas. Variety is good. They're just not my thing.

And had that been my first time seeing Foley, I'd have been pissed.
    Who would you say is the best at the moment?

Astonishing Member

Lorcan vs Burch was the best match I saw this week.

Cien with Salina is now ready for the main roster.

The quicker Pete Dunne goes to NEXT full time the better.

Lorcan needs a full makeover. He is too good of a wrestler not to have a better spot due not having a marketable gimmick or look. Give him go full costume like Suicide.

Street Profits have potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Who would you say is the best at the moment?
    Okada.

Then Asuka, Naito, or Sabre.

AJ, Lee, Hojo, Shibata, Takahashi, & Ibushi round out the top 10.

Then Omega.

You also got guys like Tanahashi that only need one match to pass him.

He's getting amazing at a time when there's tons of good wrestlers.

I guess #11 is pretty up there. ☺
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-10-2017 at 09:35 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Lorcan needs a full makeover. He is too good of a wrestler not to have a better spot due not having a marketable gimmick or look. Give him go full costume like Suicide.

why cant he just be a bald brawler
    they do

WWE NXT 8/9/17 Full Show Review & Results: DREW MCINTYRE AND BOBBY ROODE FACE OFF!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTmI0ANgZrQ

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Okada.

Then Asuka, Naito, or Sabre.

AJ, Lee, Hojo, Shibata, Takahashi, & Ibushi round out the top 10.

Then Omega.

You also got guys like Tanahashi that only need one match to pass him.

He's getting amazing at a time when there's tons of good wrestlers.

I guess #11 is pretty up there. ☺
    Tanahashi is great, putting on some very good G1 matches with a messed up bicep. Hopefully he does not do to much damage to it. ZSJ is great pumped for his match with Ishii tomorrow plus Naito and Tanahashi should also have a very good match.
    Last edited by Judge Dredd; 08-10-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Tanahashi is great, putting on some very good G1 matches with a messed up bicep. Hopefully he does not do to much damage to it. ZSJ is great pumped for his match with Ishii tomorrow plus Naito and Tanahashi should also have a very good match.
    Suzuki and KUSHIDA can pull out a big one, too. Nagata even.

Even WWE guys like Finn, Owens, Charlotte, Banks, Lynch, Dunne, Neville, roode, and gasp even Cena and Orton can put on a MotY or 2. Then there is Nakamura ...

You got Ricochet and Elign ...

It's a great time to be a wrestling fan!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-10-2017 at 11:01 PM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I don't disagree with most of that (Nattie's ring work being the main exception). But the question wasn't about how good any of these women are. It was if Nia was any better than them, even at the low bar some of them set.

She isn't.
    Nia's had good matches where she wasn't carried. Almost everyone I listed can't say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    she's not FAR better than any of them. maybe a little better than some or not better at all.
    Expand on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    How was she supposed to make it work?
    I said she should've put effort into making it work, which is why they scrapped it because she *didn't*.

All they did for the gimmick was show her in poses that looked like they were taken from a Sports Illustrated swimsuit calendar, and then cut to commercial. When was she given a chance to expand on that?
    TV time = $$$$. Also, given that they scrapped it right before she debuted it and just came out, gave that nothing promo, and went right back to being Evil Emma, there was no point for her to expand on it.

Astonishing Member

Luke Gallows gets a tattoo to honor the original Club members: Superstar Ink
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOkpZYN52cg
    2sweet

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    they way Creed tells it, they went to Creative and asked to turn, and had an idea on how to do so
    oh i'm sure woods went and said "hey how about you turn us heel, then we'll get the crowd to like us and you can turn us face again" but yeah that's not making it work, that's asking to do something different and they're very fortunate creative obliged.

if only everybody else knew that when your failing in a role all you have to do is tell creative you want to change.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Even without having heard Creeds interview or whatever on the matter, I think you can just tell that the New Day gimmick essentially came out of the New Day rather than WWE's hired TV writers. It just feels like something they made up themselves. I have trouble imagining any of the WWE writers coming up with the idea of them coming out of a giant ceral box at Wrestlemania wearing DBZ Saiyan armor... that just HAD to have come from them.
    the original gimmick has WWE creative written all over it, from putting them together for no other reason than them all being black to the sheer cornyness of the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Lorcan vs Burch was the best match I saw this week.

Cien with Salina is now ready for the main roster.

The quicker Pete Dunne goes to NEXT full time the better.

put lorcan as a team with ohno as the team of guys with horrible names. seriously though i'd wager hero and busick could be a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Expand on this.
    not sure how much more there is to say. nia isn't very good, and imo not very good is not FAR better than suck. it's only slightly better. i appreciate a good monster, i always have but she's just not very good in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    oh i'm sure woods went and said "hey how about you turn us heel, then we'll get the crowd to like us and you can turn us face again" but yeah that's not making it work, that's asking to do something different and they're very fortunate creative obliged.

if only everybody else knew that when your failing in a role all you have to do is tell creative you want to change.

the original gimmick has WWE creative written all over it, from putting them together for no other reason than them all being black to the sheer cornyness of the whole thing.

put lorcan as a team with ohno as the team of guys with horrible names. seriously though i'd wager hero and busick could be a good team.

not sure how much more there is to say. nia isn't very good, and imo not very good is not FAR better than suck. it's only slightly better. i appreciate a good monster, i always have but she's just not very good in the role.
    Yeah, the original gimmick was from the WWE ... but the point is the New Day turned it into something that worked.