Thread: Wrestling WWE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I think you might be right. It similar to how Sasha's husband still has a job with WWE.
    Sashas husband is a wardrobe designer, and he hustles pretty hard

he has a job on his own merit

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Sashas husband is a wardrobe designer, and he hustles pretty hard

he has a job on his own merit
    I see. Now I see where all the cool designs come from.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    part of what i'm talking about when i say the guy's a con man. he still has people convinced he had to be on top in the early days of TNA because of his "name value". his name carried no value, it might've even devalued the show.

and then you know the whole using his company as part of a pyramid scheme.

it wouldn't be an injustice if he is or never is in the WWE hall of fame.

We have to examine that TNA had the NWA titles used and the company was drastically different than it was by 2007 when Jeff went to the backstage area pretty much. They had AJ Styles , Jerry Lynn , Ken Shamrock , Raven and Ron Killens sure. But in AJ's case he wasn't ready yet for that huge push ahead. Sure TNA did try in 2003 to push Styles and make him NWA World Champion , but a lot of the push was considered a bit soon for AJ then. He hadn't developed the mic skills yet he'd have later.

Jerry Lynn was seen as carrying the X-Division as we remember. Anyhow they signed Raven and you can say he should have became NWA World Champion then. But they held off and didn't do that til 2005. Ron Killens became World Champion after Shamrock left to do UFC again. And that situation was one where Jarrett didn't want the title but was finally told by Russo for the S.E.X. angle he needed to be World Champion then.

But the entire way TNA's talent roster wasn't really what we saw by 2007. Once they brought in Kurt Angle , Christian , Scott Steiner , Booker T and Sting ...Jarrett seemed to drift to the backstage area. He never had a World Champion run since. His biggest program was with Kurt Angle in 2010/2011. But beyond that , the talent level was drastically different by the time Jeff went to backstage area.

Also remember the NWA had a big control on the titles and who would become champions. A fact that by 2007 TNA decided to create their own titles so they could move the belts without having to request NWA permission. So another reason Jarrett was champion from 2002-2006 , 6 times was the fact the NWA wanted him in that position. (Jarrett's last run was 2006 , so basically 4 years).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah Drew is the perfect example. He stands out--not just because of his gimmick/mic skills but because he's different from most of them in the ring as well. (But still really good at what he does)
    Yeah, Drew might be the break out star of 205 in the last year. He went from arguably the most boring guy in the CWC to being the stand out sports entertainer on the brand.

On Double J being racist:
    - Ahmed Johnson
    "I didn't like working with him. He wasn't like Shawn Michaels, he'd complain if you hit him too hard. He didn't want to put anybody over, and on top of that, man, he was a racist son of a b—h. Really racist."

- New Jack
    Lots of swearing but talks a lot about him not putting people over and being a racist SOB.

- Dustin Runnels
    "I never liked working with him. He always had to hit his spots and never would put over yours. He was also really racist, especially when drunk."

- Konnan
    "We talked once and I will never work for that racist jackass Jeff Jarrett."
    "[T]hey (LAX) would never get what's due in TNA because Jeff Jarrett is a racist."

- Ron Killings
    Per DA MELTZ ... "Jarrett didn't just pop out a racial slur out of no-where, Dave reported that Jeff and Killings have joked around in the past about Ron being an "uppity negro" (and I imagine Jeff being a honky, too). It never bothered Killings before, because it was all in jest, but since they were both getting heated in their argument Ron took it more seriously. Jeff has aw well-known history of being racist and this tipped Ron's hand."

That's after a quick google search but Hogan, Austin, D-Lo, and others have called him racist. And we've heard lots of story's of him not willing to put anybody over.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    - Ahmed Johnson
    "I didn't like working with him. He wasn't like Shawn Michaels, he'd complain if you hit him too hard. He didn't want to put anybody over, and on top of that, man, he was a racist son of a b—h. Really racist."

- New Jack
    Lots of swearing but talks a lot about him not putting people over and being a racist SOB.

- Dustin Runnels
    "I never liked working with him. He always had to hit his spots and never would put over yours. He was also really racist, especially when drunk."

- Konnan
    "[T]hey (LAX) would never get what's due in TNA because Jeff Jarrett is a racist."

- Ron Killings
    Per DA MELTZ ... "Jarrett didn't just pop out a racial slur out of no-where, Dave reported that Jeff and Killings have joked around in the past about Ron being an "uppity negro" (and I imagine Jeff being a honky, too). It never bothered Killings before, because it was all in jest, but since they were both getting heated in their argument Ron took it more seriously. Jeff has aw well-known history of being racist and this tipped Ron's hand."

That's after a quick google search but Hogan, Austin, D-Lo, and others have called him racist. And we've heard lots of story's of him not willing to put anybody over.
    I could dismiss Ahmed since he accused Austin of being racist and that he once did something to his car . Which no one believes and that it was someone else who did that. But yeah I stand corrected if that many folks would discuss Jarrett being racist. Which is odd for Konan since he returned under Jarrett and had LAX last year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

BANNED

Im more inclined to believe he is, or at least latently prejudice

that being said, and I repeat

Koko B Ware and Big Boss Man are in the HOF, but Jarrett isn't "worthy"?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    - Ahmed Johnson

- New Jack

- Dustin Runnels

- Konnan

- Ron Killings

Yea I heard about all those shoot interviews and I believe them. That's why I have never been a fan of Jeff Jarrett and I wouldn't be mad if he never got into the WWE hall of fame.

Im more inclined to believe he is, or at least latently prejudice

that being said, and I repeat

Koko B Ware and Big Boss Man are in the HOF, but Jarrett isn't "worthy"?

Honestly I never knew that many reports of Jarrett being racist. I mean I can dismiss Ahmed since he's a fucking idiot and would do a variety of things to folks from bully them backstage as Road Dogg claims to as Cornette discussed where he once demanded a limo drive him 10-15 minutes from his motel to the small local rec center for a NWA show. And the guy refused and Ahmed decided to stay in his motel.

But when ya have so many discuss it , well maybe he is racist. Its just wild considering what he did in TNA and had involved in X-Division.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I could dismiss Ahmed since he accused Austin of being racist and that he once did something to his car . Which no one believes and that it was someone else who did that. But yeah I stand corrected if that many folks would discuss Jarrett being racist. Which is odd for Konan since he returned under Jarrett and had LAX last year.
    I wouldn't totally dismiss Ahmed claims. I like Stone Cold and all but who's to say he wasn't a bit racist back then? His whole character was being a redneck after all and his old wife might not be been lying about him not wanting to see black people on TV. Then the role he played as a racist prison guard n the Longest Yard remake seemed pretty natural to him. But who knows, Stone Cold has gone on record for having more liberal views so Ahmed could be mistaken.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-14-2018 at 11:43 AM.

BANNED

Honestly I never knew that many reports of Jarrett being racist. I mean I can dismiss Ahmed since he's a fucking idiot and would do a variety of things to folks from bully them backstage as Road Dogg claims to as Cornette discussed where he once demanded a limo drive him 10-15 minutes from his motel to the small local rec center for a NWA show. And the guy refused and Ahmed decided to stay in his motel.

But when ya have so many discuss it , well maybe he is racist. Its just wild considering what he did in TNA and had involved in X-Division.
    that is ludicrous

who acts like that?

Watching the Eric Bischoff story on WWE Network and a few things surprised me.

- Bischoff became a fan of pro wrestling once he went to an AWA card with his brother. He had that "Ninja Stars" deal but soon talked Verne and Greg into letting him become a producer. Due to Vince raiding so much talent that Verne didn't have many people behind the scenes. So Eric was able to learn every part of TV production.

- As things got worse for Verne , Bischoff claims he was loyal to him. Bischoff's wife claims that her husband worked for a year or longer ...with no paycheck. That he was trying to help Verne and was loyal.

- Once things got to a point he was losing his cars , possible home and more ...Bischoff had to go out and try elsewhere. He wanted to stay in the business and they showed his WWF tryout as announcer in 1990. Anyhow he talked to Greg Gagne who knew Jim Herd. So it was Herd who decided to hire him and comically only hired Bischoff to scare Tony Shiavone and Jim Ross. His reasoning , "Well your a good lookin sob , I wanna scare em with you."

- Bischoff and Page had an altercation months earlier in a Florida bar where Bischoff was gonna fight him. Which was as DDP said , he knew some karate and could legit fight. Guy wasn't scared of anyone. Bischoff was told he would be paired in announce booth for WCW Pro with DDP , so he had to call him. They hashed everything out and Page helped him with everything there.

- As WCW started making MILLIONS of dollars no one still liked the company at Turner. Only 3 people liked it.... Bill Shaw (who wanted the company to be TV driven) , Ted Turner and Eric Bischoff. At executive meetings Shaw would watch executives read off profits they had and when it came to his turn , people would laugh or groan. And this was him detailing a huge profitable quarter they had to Ted. Shaw claims they didn't realize that the company earning millions of dollars was helping Turner's bottom line really , they just didn't like it as part of Turner.

- Bischoff and Nash pointed out something interesting. Where as WCW would do huge PPV numbers , that didn't go to WCW's bottom line at all. Instead it went to Turner Home Video and not WCW. That the PPV revenue was going to that division instead. The only thing WCW could count on was advertisers , Overseas TV deals , merch and live attendance .

- Jericho brings up just how powerful WCW Nitro was at its peak. Bischoff ran Nitro 6 weeks straight in Stadiums ! That they sold 30,000-50,000 tickets 6 straight weeks. Not small arenas , this was friggen stadiums for regular Nitro on Monday Nights. Bischoff himself brings up how they barely could sell 100 tickets to house shows when he began and had to give away 300 tickets. Now they were selling out stadiums.

- Another deal was as WCW's ratings got on level with Monday Night Football , NBC decided to attack the company with telling advertisers in up fronts how they should not advertise on programming. A fact Bischoff claims that they were out to hurt the company.

- The merger with Time Warner killed the company slowly. Bischoff could pick fights with folks on things he felt he could win. As he claims he knew it would end up to Ted who would back him. However once Ted merged with Time Warner it killed that. That he had no clue even if it ended up with Ted , he had lost control of the company. Time Warner would suddenly impose bigger Standards & Practices and Shiller defended that . Saying they had a set of conduct shows fell under. Nash claims they pretty much hurt the company by pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I wouldn't totally dismiss Ahmed claims. I like Stone Cold and all but who's to say he wasn't a bit racist back then? His whole character was being a redneck after all and his old wife might not be been lying about him not wanting to see black people on TV. Then the role he played as a racist prison guard n the Longest Yard remake seemed pretty natural to him. But who knows, Stone Cold has gone on record for having more liberal views so Ahmed could be mistaken.
    Austin may act like a Texas redneck but no one believed that he would do that to Ahmed's car. A fact a number of folks dismissed and all. Ahmed also accused Rocky of saying racist things as well plus comically claimed this past year he tried to tank a match with Booker T in WCW.

that is ludicrous

who acts like that?
    Ahmed it seems...he was used to limos taking the guys from the WWF and had just left. So he demanded this treatment. As said the NWA guy (I believe it was Dennis C.) got up and told the audience that Ahmed refused to leave his motel and gave the address to it. He also gave them the number to call and all. As Cornette joked , I doubt Ahmed slept that night given the calls and people coming to his motel.

BANNED

Bishcoff led an epic turnaround

when he took over as EP, WCW was worth barely $40 million and losing over a million a year

when he was "sent home" in 1998, WCW was worth over $150 million and making $50 million a year

I thought them showing his WWF audition tape was amazing, Id never seen that before

I always appreciated how hard Bischoff worked, running things on top of being an on air character

To be fair to JJ (ugh), that quote was pulled from years ago.

I can't find it but whoever said prejudiced, that sounds about right. A close cousin to racist.

I'd also note the volume of people that said he refused to put people over. Even in the 5 quickies I found, 4 said that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium