Thread: Wrestling WWE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think AoP will have the same problem that Ascension had because they are legit monsters (who even have credible MMA backgrounds). I think the problem with the Ascension is they were big by NXT standards... but in the main roster they were average sized guys. And an average sized monster usually doesn't work. AoP should be just fine. WWE knows how to book big monsters.

Revival is another story. They more resemble a team out of the Crocket territory back in the day, so I don't know if WWE can book them right. We'll see. In part I think their lack of a push stems from them being show to be injury prown. I think if they prove they can stay healthy, they'll have a better shot.
    2 major injuries in a year handcuffed them

broken jaw and torn bicep

theyll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think Royal is grumpy. Just not a WWE fan or "sports entertainment" in general.
    I'm not a fan of race car driving or golf, but if a golfer or race car driver had to retire from injuries I don't I'd be taking shots at them while they were giving their retirement speech. Just saying.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Except that it doesn't even remotely fit Asuka's character, like at all. Nothing that she's done before this points to it. AT BEST, MAYBE she's shake Charlotte's hand, maybe. And her being so smiley and chipper afterwards is even more OOC. It was a another blatant example of the "Charlotte is the be all end all" philosophy that they have and that's gotten REALLY irritating. And I also know this, because they did the SAME THING with Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns a few years ago. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now.

And the whole submission ending was handled terribly all-around. Really the whole thing made Asuka look weak.
    Totally agree. A tapout ends a story. Beating Asuka is enough. To tap out and then kiss Charlotte's ass is a character killer.

An Asuka loss should be a catapult for the person that beats her and a long storyline for Asuka to regain her aura of invincibility.

They didn't pull that crap with Ember Moon at Takeover. Both ladies retained their heat even with Bazzler decisive win.

Astonishing Member

I'm not a fan of race car driving or golf, but if a golfer or race car driver had to retire from injuries I don't I'd be taking shots at them while they were giving their retirement speech. Just saying.
    Agreed. Time and place for everything.

I don't think AoP will have the same problem that Ascension had because they are legit monsters (who even have credible MMA backgrounds). I think the problem with the Ascension is they were big by NXT standards... but in the main roster they were average sized guys. And an average sized monster usually doesn't work. AoP should be just fine. WWE knows how to book big monsters.

Revival is another story. They more resemble a team out of the Crocket territory back in the day, so I don't know if WWE can book them right. We'll see. In part I think their lack of a push stems from them being show to be injury prown. I think if they prove they can stay healthy, they'll have a better shot.
    I have high hopes for AOP. I watch NXT every now and then, but I was impressed with what saw with them. I just hope WWE does them right and they don't end up being jokes like the other NXT tag teams that got called up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    2 major injuries in a year handcuffed them

broken jaw and torn bicep

theyll be fine
    They can talk and work. Putting them in the same sentence as Ascension is crazy.

The team I am worried about is Anderson and Gallows. They just look lost. It's to a point that I would want them to break up. Karl Anderson can do fine by himself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I have high hopes for AOP. I watch NXT every now and then, but I was impressed with what saw with them. I just hope WWE does them right and they don't end up being jokes like the other NXT tag teams that got called up.
    No manager scares me.

Lashley's back?

W(br)oken Mat Hardy ...

Slapnuts in the HoF ...

AJ Styles is the champ ...

... Am I in an alternate universe where TNA bought WWE?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Lashley's back?

W(br)oken Mat Hardy ...

Slapnuts in the HoF ...

AJ Styles is the champ ...

... Am I in an alternate universe where TNA bought WWE?
    I think Tna effectively replaces the territory system for the Wwe. Wrestlers go there to perfect their craft before signing worth the WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Totally agree. A tapout ends a story. Beating Asuka is enough. To tap out and then kiss Charlotte's ass is a character killer.

An Asuka loss should be a catapult for the person that beats her and a long storyline for Asuka to regain her aura of invincibility.

They didn't pull that crap with Ember Moon at Takeover. Both ladies retained their heat even with Bazzler decisive win.
    Bazler was a heel. If Charlotte was a heel too, we wouldn't get the show of respect. It's a face vs face thing.

Apparently, Asuka tapping was a botch. She was supposed to punch the knees more, queuing a cradle win from Charlotte. Not sure who's that on, the ref or Asuka. If true.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    he comes off as the stereotypical "I hate everything about this, but still watches every week to complain" and that, IMO is counterproductive and not healthy

if it displeases you that much, go watch something else, get a hobby, take up crochet

but I don't have a problem with that, you have a right to complain as much as you want

but to take shots at someone who has to hang up what theyve known literally their entire life, that's garbage behavior, plain and simple
    Royal isn't happy unless he has something to gripe about.

BANNED

Bobby Lashley wants whoever is willing

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Lashley vs Lesnar is the dream match. Those two had the most success of any wrestler who crossed over into MMA. Lashley has the better MMA record. Definitely something to build on.

I heard Bobby Lashley racked up a lot of experience in TNA/Impact.