Page 1 of 211 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Go Phillies

Default Last movie you watched

Simple thread; state the last movie you watched and rate it

The Drop- 3.5/5 stars. Last role from James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano) before his death. Great performances from him and Hardy raised it above your typical crime drama
    Last edited by Omar 382; 08-16-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Fantastic Four- 1/5 stars. I'm not going to elaborate on this. It has been beaten to death.

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. 4/5 stars.

Straight Outta Compton. 4/5. I feel like they did the boys justice.

Saw a revival screening of Jaws at the cinema. 5/5. Film still holds up incredibly well.

BANNED

The Legend of Billy Jean.

5/5 based purely on nostalgia. Probably 2/5 if I were to critique it fairly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    A Finnish film called "Big Game" in which Samuel Jackson is the POTUS who is betrayed and kidnapped only to be saved by a little country boy from Finland.
    Been wanting to see that. Really liked the directors last movie, Rare Exports.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Stumbled onto In Cold Blood on Cozi TV last night, so I stuck around to watch. 4 out of 5 stars. Filmed in black and white and made for great drama.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Went to Inside Out yesterday, but I saw it in a cheap-ass second-run discount theater where the screen was too small, so the bottom 20% or so of the picture was cut off. Also, whenever anyone stood up their heads would block the projector. Needless to say I won't be going back there.

So I'm waiting until I can see it the right way before I give any rating. Seemed cool, but I don't consider myself to have actually seen it.

Go Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Went to Inside Out yesterday, but I saw it in a cheap-ass second-run discount theater where the screen was too small, so the bottom 20% or so of the picture was cut off. Also, whenever anyone stood up their heads would block the projector. Needless to say I won't be going back there.

So I'm waiting until I can see it the right way before I give any rating. Seemed cool, but I don't consider myself to have actually seen it.
    I saw that a while ago. I wasn't too impressed. Some funny moments (Lewis Black in particular) but overall I was disappointed for a 98% on RT. 2.5/5 stars

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omar 382 View Post
    I saw that a while ago. I wasn't too impressed. Some funny moments (Lewis Black in particular) but overall I was disappointed for a 98% on RT. 2.5/5 stars
    It followed the usual Pixar formula story-wise, but what I saw of the animation was quite spectacular and imaginative. I expect that when I see it the right way, it might be the most visually impressive animated movie I've ever seen. (For computer animation, at least.)

Really didn't care for the opening short about the volcanoes, though.

Straight Outta Compton 4/5. Electric first half makes up for a more routine (though still entertaining) second half.

Last movie I watched was Clue from 1985. I've seen that movie so many times and it still cracks me up. Still a seriously underrated film.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

The Shape of Things (2003) with Paul Rudd and Rachel Weisz. A friend loaned me In the Company of Men and I enjoyed that, so I figured I would check out some of Neil LaBute's other films. Your Friends and Neighbors will probably be next on my list, if I can find it.

Extraordinary Member

The Man from UNCLE

Loved it