Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Funny comical story about Vince's love of Great Khali. Years ago Dusty Rhodes was booking "New ECW" and before the brand became a total brand for newer talent. Anyhow Vince demanded Dusty book Khali as a strong heel and Rhodes decided to book him against Tommy Dreamer in an angle. Of course Tommy is the type who can take a lot of punishment in an angle and his plucky face role had fans care more for Tommy than it did Khali. McMahon after 2-3 weeks demanded Rhodes drop the angle because it was getting Dreamer over more than Khali. Rhodes had to drop the angle.

Its the same way McMahon had Dusty drop the Balls Mahoney/Kelly Kelly angle. Because the fans bought more into that due to Balls. Instead he demanded Kelly be pulled from the angle and brought to Raw. Kelly Kelly never had much impact after that. As one guy brought up , the angle was clicking with folks and Vince killed it because he couldn't understand why some freaky looking guy like Mahoney would have people actually cheer and get behind him being involved onscreen with a young hot woman.
    LOL I don't mean to be to hard on Khali but he hasn't done ANY great in the WWE other than offer up fans and some WWE workers like Micheal Cole with laughs due to his many botches. He can't move that much and most of his matches were like 1 to 2 mins long at the most. The original Sin Cara may be a great wrestler but in WWE he was terrible. The only thing memorable about him was all his botches and stopping a match because he broke his finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    LOL I don't mean to be to hard on Khali but he hasn't done ANY great in the WWE other than offer up fans and some WWE workers like Micheal Cole with laughs due to his many botches. He can't move that much and most of his matches were like 1 to 2 mins long at the most. The original Sin Cara may be a great wrestler but in WWE he was terrible. The only thing memorable about him was all his botches and stopping a match because he broke his finger.
    Khali absolutely sucks as a wrestler... but I think he's potentially useful as an enforcer to Jinder. As part of the overall package, I think he helps with the presentation of making Jinder look like a real threat.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    I love to fantasy book. So easy with WWE, and because WWE usually misses every possible opportunity it's a great way to test your creative skills in storytelling, pacing, structure. Booking Wrestling isn't hard, but it can be hard to do. I haven't done it much lately since I don't watch much WWE anymore, and NJPW usually gives you no reason to fantasy book since the booking is usually really good.

That being said, your question is either misleading or you're trying to be clever. Simply because that if something goes against the plan, you come up with another plan. Fantasy booking WWE teaches you how to do that easy, since I'm a Wrasslin minded individual and WWE doesn't do Wrasslin.

I've said for a couple years now that WWE should bring back the KING OF THE RING as a huge yearly tournament that takes place in June. I had this idea before the brand split. It was a 32 man tournament. The WWE's own G1. Winner gets a cash prize, trophy, and a shot at the WWE champion at Summerslam. All the big stars would enter, Cena, Lesnar, AJ, Nakamura, Owens, etc. Including new and up and coming guys. Even whoever was Champion at the time would be apart of the tournament to prove he's he best. Final happens at a new KING OF THE RING PPV. I even had it down how Raw and Smackdown would run the tournament each week. I saw the idea as new jumping on point for new fans, and a possible way to bring back Wrestling fans who would get to see great Wrestling with some of the biggest stars in the company for 4 weeks. And just as we have the Road to Wrestlemania, we'd now have the Road to Summerslam, which would hopefully keep people interested in the Summer Months. Especially since Summerslam is looked at as the Mania of Summer anyway, now. Something Vince or HHH would go on a late night talk shows to push. The first PPV would have every living KOTR winner appear on stage at the start of the show.

Brand split killed that original idea. So I took the idea, split it into two 16 men tournaments between Raw and SD. Winner of each brand tournament would face off in a combined brand KOTR event. Which would have been a good way to lose another PPV for WWE since running multiple brand PPV's has been costly. This time the winner facing his Brands champion at Summerslam.

I usually fantasy book this tournament with what I think should happen going by the way things would be in WWE presently. When that changes, I change the booking of the tournament.

This fantasy booking event will never happen simply because it's too Wrasslin.
    MITB is the WWE's G1, only they don't waste TV time on a tourney. Also, the WWE and NJPW present pro wrestling in entirely different ways, so booking a KOTR tourney like the G1 is fundamentally flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    MITB is the WWE's G1, only they don't waste TV time on a tourney. Also, the WWE and NJPW present pro wrestling in entirely different ways, so booking a KOTR tourney like the G1 is fundamentally flawed.
    According to Bruce Prichard the King of the Ring was the lowest grossing PPV of the year when they decided to pull the plug on it.

They are using a tournament format for things like the Cruiser Weight Classic, the UK tournament, and the Mae Young classic. So it's an effective enough way to introduce new people to the produce. But for the main roster it doesn't seem to be as much of a draw as say the Rumble or MiTB.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Natty is sound and Naomi will benefit from working with her

odds are Natty will win and Carmella will CASH IN
    Not really. Natalya doesn't really elevate lesser talent. And she's not newbie to WWE. She's been there for a long time and she's never really impressed me. She's competent in the ring, and dreadfully boring in everything else. And Naomi is the same way, also she's just sloppy and lacks in-ring psychology.

THIS is your Summerslam title feud? Wake me up when it's over.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    According to Bruce Prichard the King of the Ring was the lowest grossing PPV of the year when they decided to pull the plug on it.

They are using a tournament format for things like the Cruiser Weight Classic, the UK tournament, and the Mae Young classic. So it's an effective enough way to introduce new people to the produce. But for the main roster it doesn't seem to be as much of a draw as say the Rumble or MiTB.
    IT was also never pushed strongly or effectively save for maybe 2 or 3 years of its existence. My idea would be to actually have it be a genuine big appeal tournament, and there really is no comparison to be made with my idea since WWE has never really done a tournament like other companies do.

But you and Kal-El are correct, it wouldn't work with how Vince presents the product now. Not how I'd envision it, and not with the WWE style. That being said I never said I'd book it like the G1. The G1 is a Round Robin, and that would take forever and not work with how WWE does TV. I said it would be the WWE's G1. IT would be WWE's annual big Wrestling tournament that would begin the ROAD TO SUMMERSLAM. This is two 16 men single elimination tournaments, that would not waste the time of the much vaunted badly scripted TV segments loved by so many in the bubble. The matches themselves would tell stories, create feuds, continue feuds, be overbooked, etc. I know it can be done, because I see how storytelling is done in the G1 now.

Anyway this was never suppose to be about the idea, it was supposed to be about fantasy booking and what you do if the plans change. I used my idea of a KOTR as a example. Sorry nobody likes it, but it is a Wrasslin idea for the Wrasslin minded.

and the MITB is not WWE's G1. A stupid comparison.

BANNED

Poor attempt Invisible. Contracted talent are going to do what they are told. Now if someone is injured, I just find someone else. IF a big star is down, that gives me an opportunity to push someone new. And if my idea for having every former winner appear fails(in this alternate World I think Vince could easily make this happen) I'd just run a Video at the start of the show of every past winner, or a video like NJPW does before each IWGP title match that does a quick run down of every former champion.

You're not proving a point trying to poke holes in a fantasy booked event that wouldn't happen anyway. IT's called FANTASY BOOKING for a reason.

Main point being made is that if something goes against the plan, you make another. Simple as that. Your original question, and attempt at throwing shade at fantasy bookers, answered.

Your last part there is just bashing of an idea. You're saying that this KOTR would be beneath the big stars, when the purpose of re-imagining it is to make it big enough for the big stars. To make it big enough in the eyes of viewers by having the big stars being apart of it.

Also the biggest Wrestling tournament, now in progress, has all the big stars in it every year. Just like AJPW's Champions Carnival. Just like the Tournaments in Mexico. Just another dumb comment by someone who isn't a Wrestling fan.
    You're just mad, Invisible, because you don't have the creative sense for this type of thing. And are just throwing shade at people who do.
    nice gatekeeping boys

also, as a black man, Ill ask you to keep "throwing shade" out of your vocab

that's ours

and I am a fan, just like anyone else....dont need your frakkin validation on that

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Khali absolutely sucks as a wrestler... but I think he's potentially useful as an enforcer to Jinder. As part of the overall package, I think he helps with the presentation of making Jinder look like a real threat.
    i'm fine with khali just being a goon for jinder.

and you know what else i'm fine with?

THE MARK REMARK!

BANNED

the G1 is an institution, the KOTR was never near that

any time someone tries to get clever with their "fantasy booking", I ask one question that seems to get them to shut up

"what do you do when that doesn't work? what's your back up plan?
    And you ask that because you believe WWE bookers have a back up plan?? I wonder what you say when they actually have a back up plan and tell you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So, I heard that fans that attended the PPV live couldn't actually see the match through the "bamboo" cage. SMH
    Just like every poonjobi prison match

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Good point, if there's one thing WWE hates it's wasting tv time.

Wrestle circus can be watched on twitch tv if anybody is interested. Wrestle circus books a lot of top Indy talent and puts on some fun quality shows

Incredible Member

nice gatekeeping boys

also, as a black man, Ill ask you to keep "throwing shade" out of your vocab

that's ours

and I am a fan, just like anyone else....dont need your frakkin validation on that
    Poor attempt at gate keeping. They didn't prove anything either.

Validation? Who cares? I think you're nothing more than a WWE mark. You almost every time you write a post. Your admiration for anything else more akin to giving scraps to a leper.

Incredible Member

the G1 is an institution, the KOTR was never near that
    Correct. But there is enough there to turn it into that. Wouldn't be hard. Wouldn't take much.

All you have to do is make the attempt.

BANNED

Poor attempt at gate keeping. They didn't prove anything either.

Validation? Who cares? I think you're nothing more than a WWE mark. You almost every time you write a post. Your admiration for anything else more akin to giving scraps to a leper.
    as opposed to your deep throating of anything not WWE?

I am biased because Ive been watching WWE longer than anything else, I live in CT, I have friends that work at the HQ

I enjoy other promotions, but I don't need to crucify one to enjoy the other

There is a solid regional promotion up here called NEW that has Cody as its Champ, seen him live a couple times

someone mentioned Wrestle Circus, Ive been watching that and enjoy that when I catch it

Im not super big on Impact because Im only a fan of a couple performers there

there is room for all - the WWE is like big budget Hollywood, and everything else is independent film

thats always the analogy Ive used

Correct. But there is enough there to turn it into that. Wouldn't be hard. Wouldn't take much.

All you have to do is make the attempt.
    Also requires commitment, something wwe has serious issues with a lot of the time

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Also requires commitment, something wwe has serious issues with a lot of the time
    agreed. KOTOR use to mean something but that was far in the past. to do so again would take time, energy and commitment that the current E just doesn't have right now. that may change in the future but not now.