Page 4361 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 336138614261431143514357435843594360436143624363436443654371 ... LastLast
Results 65,401 to 65,415 of 65921

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Next year, Supercard of Honor will be held at Madison Square Garden
    https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/stat...29240395440128

I must obtain tickets for this show when it comes on sale.

Tama Tonga had an awesome interview with SI
    https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/07...club-interview

“If you’re looking for Bullet Club, it’s in Japan,” said Tama Tonga, who led an attack ousting IWGP heavyweight champion Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes, and the Young Bucks from Bullet Club this past Saturday in the closing moments of New Japan’s “G1 Special in San Francisco” show. “But know this: WWE does have Bullet Club. We know who they are, you all know who they are, that’s Bullet Club. No matter where you go, if you’re loyal to us, you are in Bullet Club for life.”

The 35-year-old Tonga explained that he is returning Bullet Club to its roots.

“This has been a long time coming,” said Tonga. “Kenny Omega started a subgroup, ‘The Elite,’ within Bullet Club. No one is the head of Bullet Club, no one ever has been, and we had a self-proclaimed leader focusing on his own ‘Super Kliq’ or whatever else nerd ass name it’s called. This war was sparked the moment ‘The Elite’ was formed.”

Tonga promises that Bad Luck Fale, who was not at the New Japan show this past Saturday, approved of the decision.

“Fale is the one who made the call,” said Tonga. “You’ll all find that out soon.”

The menacing, 6’4” Fale is the longest-tenured member of Bullet Club, only trailing Finn Balor and Karl Anderson in terms of rank. Although Tonga is a founding member whose service dates back to Bullet Club’s origin on May 3, 2013, Balor created the group, Fale was his bodyguard, Karl Anderson joined after a pivotal match against New Japan “Ace” Hiroshi Tanahashi, and Tonga then came fourth.

“Rank is how Japan is run, and that’s how Bullet Club—true Bullet Club—is run. Not egotistical clowns running around, shouting ‘Look at me!’ True Bullet Club is discipline and order.”

Courtesy of NJPW/TV Asahi/AXS TV
    Tonga explained that his violence on Saturday stemmed from Omega and the Bucks’ lack of respect toward himself, Fale, and Loa.

“The ones putting in the work day in and day out in Japan, we were cast away,” said Tonga. “We tried, over time, to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it kept getting worse. The ideals of Bullet Club working together, being a team, and watching each other’s backs was no longer what we stood for. We were a divided club. It was just too much to ignore.”

The foundation of the Bullet Club was built of the shoulders of legendary forefathers Finn Balor and AJ Styles. Tonga explained that both men supported his decision to exile the likes of Omega, the Young Bucks, and Rhodes.

“Balor and Styles taught us and showed us teamwork,” said Tonga. “Balor taught Fale and me so much in the New Japan dojo, and we have nothing but respect for him. AJ came into Bullet Club and was humble and a team player, someone who was here for the betterment of the team. That’s why they were placed, by the group, to the front.

“In terms of their in-ring styles, they have two very different styles but they are both amazing wrestlers. I have learned a lot from both.”

In the United States Civil War, the competing sides of the North and South fought over territorial integrity and slavery. Contrary to popular opinion, Tonga says that he and Loa are not the upstart South, they are the North and merely reclaiming what is already theirs.

“We are the North,” said Tonga. “The other ones, they represent an idea, but they’re trying to separate themselves in their own selfish way. So we are taking back the idea of Bullet Club and pushing it forward.

“Saturday night was a test. When Kenny took a bigger role, he took out AJ and we supported him. The Bucks ousted Balor and we didn’t say a word. Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens, Marty Scurll and Hangman Page, they would have been on our side had they helped, but they didn’t.

“I admire Cody for his courage. He doesn’t know this, but I watch him. I’ve watched everything he’s done since he left New York. I admire his strength and courage, the way he stood up to Kenny. He made that step before me, which I admired. So we gave him a chance to show he was with us, not against us, but he made his choice.”

On a night where history repeated itself in its own serendipitous way, Tonga took a shot at the crown and did not miss.

“My goal, my sole focus, is to straighten out Bullet Club,” said Tonga. “Take it back and push it forward. Wherever that takes me, that’s where I’ll go, whether that’s the G1 final or a match with Kenny. People still don’t know what Bullet Club is, but in due time, everyone will understand.”

Tonga also cleared up misconceptions regarding the current status of Bullet Club.

“I am not the leader of Bullet Club,” Tonga explained. “Fale, me, and Loa, we are the leaders of Bullet Club, and anyone that’s with us.

“We are not ‘Firing Squad,’ we are Bullet Club, the Bullet Club. ‘Firing Squad’ only arrives when there is bulls--- and betrayal.”

As for the legendary Haku, who is the father of Tonga and Loa and helped decimate the former Bullet Club members this past Saturday, Tonga noted that his father is only a phone call away.

“Blood is thicker than water,” said Tonga. “He’s called on when needed.”

Tonga was also asked if he would ever consider allowing Omega and the Bucks back into Bullet Club.

“Actions speak louder than words,” he said. “Let’s start with actions first.”

For those wondering if Bullet Club is fine, Tonga noted that it has never been better.

“Finally, after over two years, Bullet Club is now fine,” said Tonga. “After Saturday, Bullet Club is on its way to being the best we’ve ever been.”

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Dangerous spots are not exclusive to the Japan scene. It is a worldwide issue. The UK guys do insane things. Check out any US Indy show for crazy moves up and down the card as wrestlers try to get them a GIF. Such is the social media era of rasslin, the athleticism of today’s talent and the demands of one-upping the competition.

We want them to be safe and work smart and at the same time demand them to entertain and make us say HOLY SCHNIKES so it puts the business in a tough spot, pun intended.
    Really wish we could go back to when the wrestlers could work a more toned-down style for most of the indy loop and ramp it up for the big shows that get taped for TV/streamed, but with almost every semi-known indy at least streaming or selling DVDs, it's almost impossible to put that genie back in the bottle.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yeah this angle seems to be pretty solid. But of course in watching the clip of that attack they did , almost everyone is in The Elite. So unless they recruit some Japanese guys or others ...Bullet Club is out numbered. I saw like 6-7 Elite guys there against those 3-4 .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Well, Ishinori is probably still Bullet Club since Tama personally recruited him. They could probably poach someone like Jay White from Chaos and pick up someone group-less like Finlay to fill out the numbers.

It was a mistake for them to attack Chase Owens. They made him an honorary Tongan damn it!

Jay White ain't joining Bullet Club. Destroying the Bullet Club is why he joined Chaos. With the Club destroying itself he makes more sense for him to go independent.

Phoenix Plex is supposed to be bridged. I have no idea why Dragon Lee would do a release instead.
    idk but dragon lee worked a freaking ridiculous schedule the week of that match. 3 matches just the night before.

Next year, Supercard of Honor will be held at Madison Square Garden
    https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/stat...29240395440128

I must obtain tickets for this show when it comes on sale.
    good on them. WWE were once again just being assholes just because they felt they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Well, Ishinori is probably still Bullet Club since Tama personally recruited him. They could probably poach someone like Jay White from Chaos and pick up someone group-less like Finlay to fill out the numbers.
    jacob fatu is a perfect fit for the tongan faction especially considering his father history with haku.

oh **** shotzi blackheart debuted in impact. that's cool but i guess means no mae young classic for her. also my god rich swann's hair looks like ****.

Takeshi Morishima, former 3x GHC Heavyweight Champion and 1x ROH World Champion would make return to the ring after his retirement in 2015 due to Diabetes

Meanwhile Bad Luck Fale and Hikuleo/Leo Tonga confirm their allegations with the Firing Squad

"The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Jay White ain't joining Bullet Club. Destroying the Bullet Club is why he joined Chaos. With the Club destroying itself he makes more sense for him to go independent.
    Eh, just change it to he wants to take out Kenny himself. Like Tama could've secretly been in Jay's ear when he was making his choice between the two factions just to make him embarrass Omega and deepen the rift between Kenny and Cody. This **** isn't rocket science. Chaos has too many members not doing anything worthwhile as it is.

This was a really good interview. Tama can sure talk when he wants to.

i still don't care about bullet club.

good to hear about morishima, i kind of wondered what happened to him. man i haven't seen a NOAH or AJPW show in a good 4yrs.

i wish NJPW's popularity in the states would've opened up eyes to other japanese promotions too.

Eh, just change it to he wants to take out Kenny himself. Like Tama could've secretly been in Jay's ear when he was making his choice between the two factions just to make him embarrass Omega and deepen the rift between Kenny and Cody. This **** isn't rocket science. Chaos has too many members not doing anything worthwhile as it is.
    He already took out Kenny. He won the US title from him. We never seen Jay interact with Tama so being in his ear would be a major asspull. Keep Jay where he is.

Really wish we could go back to when the wrestlers could work a more toned-down style for most of the indy loop and ramp it up for the big shows that get taped for TV/streamed, but with almost every semi-known indy at least streaming or selling DVDs, it's almost impossible to put that genie back in the bottle.
    I do think wrestlers would do themselves a favor in the long run if they put a bit more emphasis on believability over dives and high spots.

With MMA bring popularized I think you can get away with more strikes and submissions now, as long as you can make it look good.

And you can still do dives and stuff ... but limiting to maybe 1-2 instead of 5-6 unless it's a big show in the long run is probably better for everyone.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do think wrestlers would do themselves a favor in the long run if they put a bit more emphasis on believability over dives and high spots.

With MMA bring popularized I think you can get away with more strikes and submissions now, as long as you can make it look good.

And you can still do dives and stuff ... but limiting to maybe 1-2 instead of 5-6 unless it's a big show in the long run is probably better for everyone.
    Randy Orton and Rip Rogers tweeted something like this and it was a funny meme about the whole high spot , dives , dangerous high spot deal. They were trashed online for it. But as Rogers claimed , he's been working and training guys for 30+ years. The kids today will be lucky to survive into their 40's without major injuries and be in worse shape than Mick Foley.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.